Team 30 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Illinoishunter102, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not accusing you of anything, dont worry. As for why people like them- Well thats a broad statement because there are equally as many who dont like them. The only thing I can say is that they create big entrance and exit hole (if you even get a pass through.) They are a one-time use broadhead, so i dont think they are really worth it. Plus like i said before, I dont feel comfortable shooting something that I know is constructed poorly. I recommend you look at reviews online, because I've never shot them. I have looked at them myself but I never bought them because I just dont like them.

2. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally don't shoot them, my brother-in-law and nephew tried them a couple years ago and didn't like the way they shot. A friend swears by them. I shoot Magnus Buzzcuts and have point of impact same as a field point out to 40 yards. I have looked at them and to me it just looks like there is to much to go wrong, I have heard of them opening in flight and throwing off the arrow tragectory. Just my 2 cents, maybe look at the classifieds and see if you can get a set cheaper than retail and try them, they could work great for you...

3. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well i won a pack of the new rage chisel tips and was thinking about useing them because of the massive blood trails. But there whisteling very bad and was wondering if there was something i could do or is that how they are? Im just looking for a massive hole and lots of blood and a clean efficient kill. For some reason im just not happy with the Mx3's.

4. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say its gotta be the way the broadhead fly's through the air. My guess is the cut outs in the blades makes the whistling sound. Maybe cover them up with a tiny bit of tape? I mean its totally up to you, I dont see it being that big of a deal unless you shoot an older bow that may not be as fast or if you are shooting longer distances- Deer may be able to react.

5. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the mathews drenilin and if these dont stop whistling they wont be shootin out of my bow come opening morning. Rage im not inpressed! Im thinkin wasp jackhammers now!

6. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, it looks like we're missing 3 team members. sharpbroadheads, Rabbit57 and Bone Head Hunter. I'll go ahead and ask for alternatives since they haven't shown up yet.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  7. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Ok Team, we have been assigned 3 new replacements: CFStinger, Hoyt Bone Collector, MadMan.

8. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hows the coyotes in your parts? This year seems like im seeing and hearing more and more and iv even got 1 on my game camera this year for the first time.

9. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet! Cant wait to get this started! Iv been checkin the score board every day. I cant wait to see what this season brings.

10. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't seen or heard any lately. They kinda disappear over the summer. I hear most of mine in the winter or spring. But whenever I go out back I always come across some scat, so theyre out there. This winter Im gonna hunt them harder than I have before, I've got a heated blind that Im gonna set up. Snipe some of those damn yotes! :biggun:

11. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well this year my wifes cat has been snached out the window twice by yotes! Its crazy you can see on the sideing were they ran up the sideing and snatched the screen right out the window. we live about a mile away from some train tracks and when they blow there whistle for the crossings it sounds like were serounded! Not cool! but i just got permission to hunt them so as soon as i get the chance im going to give it a shot.

12. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just noticed all the northern Il guys on this team. All of you working in the morning or are you gonna join a few of us for some shooting at the Chain O Lakes range?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

13. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys
    MadMan here names Mark I live in the fox valley here in Wisconsin. I don't know how much I'll be getting out this year, sorry to say. I will most likely be hunting in Ill. at some point this year. I haven't checked to see if they have any non-res tags left over but I think they most likley will. If I do buy a non res Ill. tag I'll either be hunting in southern Ill. or west central Ill. somewhere around Nov. 10-16 timeframe.

14. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Madman glade to have u around good luck this year!

15. skillfullrug

skillfullrug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jferg Yeah bud working the ol 9-5 but I would Like to check it out if you guys ever go on the weekends!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

16. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Madman, Welcome to the team!

And our team is like seriously composed of mostly Northern IL guys. I wonder how all of our seasons will compare.

17. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to all newcomers!!! I feel kinda left out.....I'm hunting NE Indiana :/

18. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    I might hunt over in Stueben County during the Gun season or late season actually. You guys get a ton of doe tags! Isnt it like 8 or something?

19. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ok fellas...I"M BACK! so sorry.......i have beeen in the hospital with west nile nile virus, encephalitis, and viral meningitis.......i thought i was a gonner......but i made it, so im here, reporting for duty!

I will (hopefully) be hunting several states this year....health permitting

Northern Indiana,
    East Central Illinois
    Northern Kentucky
    Central North Carolina

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  20. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you are here. Having a bit of an issue with the team/ team changes since we asked for replacements cuz we didnt think you & a few others would show up. But I understand your situation. Plus your replacement hasnt even checked in either so I dont know what to really do without stepping on anyones toes. Hope you are getting better by the way!