Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Team 3- Triple Threat

Discussion in '2023 Deer Contest' started by slickbilly-d, Aug 28, 2023.

1. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven’t heard from him in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is the buck I couldn’t get a shot on yesterday at 11am. Didn’t get the pick until just now. He came in behind me and I was using a young beech as back cover. I couldn’t shoot through it. Biggest buck I’ve seen while hunting.
    IMG_4478.jpeg

3. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading back out shortly. Should have a little better wind this afternoon!

Shawn Clark likes this.
  4. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Scratch that no wind tonight

Shawn Clark likes this.
  5. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Might hunt the am only have to pack for Missouri leaving Friday morning.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  6. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, still nothing from my buddy. Going to bug him one more time then I'm done bothering him. I went from possibly not even hunting to hunting somewhere I've never been. Talk about hunting blind, this was it. I had no idea what to expect and only had a few days to do it. Day 3 of the hunt it all went down that evening. Nailed a doe, then doubled up on a buck. My first ever double on a single hunt. I've got deer on a morning hunt then an evening hunt but never 2 in one hunt. I've doubled up with other people with me as well. I can't figure out for the life of me why my buddy isn't getting back to me with those pictures. I'm pretty much giving up hope on that. So, it looks like you guys and gal are going to have to knock some bucks down. It's prime time men, let's get'em!!!!! I have my heart cath tomorrow morning, so I'll need to see some pictures of some big bucks to bring my spirits back up after that. Good luck to all!!!!!

ash d, WakeCow and Lady Forge like this.
  7. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be praying for you and hope all goes well with your cath and results !

ash d and Shawn Clark like this.
  8. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    I went out yesterday afternoon and hung a camera at this rub, cant wait to see what buck is doing this tree damage :bhod:
    dk rub 2023 terminal 1.jpg dk rub 2023 terminal 1.jpg dk rub 2023 terminal 2.jpg

9. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    slickbilly-d, ash d and blackbear like this.
  10. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bumped a buck, bumped a doe, bumped on home back tomorrow.

Team looks like Shawn needs our help this week, given he’ll and get out there!

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting
    .com Forums

11. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    This was my hunt yesterday afternoon, had a big lone doe go by at 4pm, waited to see what was following but nothing was following her. 430 ish 2 little bucks showed up and I filmes them, little while later another doe showed up with another small buck pushing her and the other 2 little bucks joined in on chasing her, a bit later another little buck showed up alone and then at dark a lone doe was standing under my climber platform and I needed her to leave since it was dark and I needed to pee, she finally left. Nothing big seen but was still a fun hunt.

blackbear, ash d and Shawn Clark like this.
  12. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool video. I have only messed with video a few times. Although I love watching video, and it would be totally awesome to go back and watch all of our hunts, to me, it's too much of a distraction and it takes away from the enjoyment of the hunt. For those people that can video and enjoy both, you are awesome. Keep it up because I love watching them!

jgaudiojr and ash d like this.
  13. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Nice , looks like a big shooter.

14. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I was just using my phone to film them. I have a bunch of tree arms ( A lone wolf brand new camera tree arm I have never used ) and camera gear but I got tired of messing with it and carrying it all on my back with my climber and back pack so I gave it up. The phone works just fine for fun.

15. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    But your right ... I love watching youtube etc videos as well.

16. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    I went bowhunting yesterday afternoon at the public land. I stopped to check the new trail cam I had just put near the big rub and boy am I glad I put it there. Got these bucks on it and another little buck a
    & some does ( its a morning spot ). After I went and setup on a river bottom and had pretty much non stop deer movement all day. 1st deer to come by was this dink buck. I even had a doe fawn bedded at 42 yards for a while. Around 4pm I see this big doe coming and a real big 8 point buck is following her but they didnt come close enough for a shot at first. I watched the doe bed for a bit at 70 yards all the while the big 8 guarded her. A while later here they came. At about 55 yards the doe spooked and went trotting off and the buck went slowly after her. When the buck got to a spot I hadnt ranged the yardage on I had to guess the yardage very quickly and I was wrong, I held my pins at 45 yds but he was over 50 ( I ranged it after he left ) I watched the arrow go under him and was a clean miss. So a swing & a miss for me but I was grateful I didnt wound him and grateful just to have seen them. Here is the footage of the big 8 that I had on trail cam following a ways behind the doe. In all I saw 4 bucks chasing does and seen 15 deer total yesterday. It was a fun hunt !

Attached Files:

Shawn Clark likes this.
  17. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, my heart cath went well. Doc said my heart function is great. Only issue there was is the main artery surrounding the heart, the LAD, has 30% blockage in one section of it. He said they don't stent an artery unless it's a minimum of 70% blocked so I'm a good bit away from that. He said medication and diet I can actually decrease that or at least keep it from getting any worse. Only trouble I had was bleeding at the puncture site in my wrist. He has me off work til next Thursday. Now, go kill us some bucks!!!!!

blackbear, ash d and cole62895 like this.
  18. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    I love big 8's. Would be awesome to see you put him down. I couldn't really get a good guess at his score, but he appears to be at least 140 from what I could see, and maybe bigger. You got a good guess on his score?

ash d likes this.
  19. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear it went well Shawn. I sat this morning out for some niche needed sleep. Definitely going tomorrow morning. Not C sure about this evening. Cam is only showing middle of of the night movement and it’s been warm

ash d and Shawn Clark like this.
  20. cole62895

cole62895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This morning is my first sit of vacation. A little warmer than I’d like but still a beautiful morning! Been slow on cam the last couple of days but it should pick up in the next day or two. Thursday night or Friday morning will be my last sit with a bow. Gotta head home for a growth scan and baby shower Friday afternoon and Saturday. Provided I do my part when the time comes, I shouldn’t have a problem tacking another 50 on the score card.

blackbear, ash d and Shawn Clark like this.