Team #3 "TREE RATS" Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by jmbuckhunter, Aug 29, 2011.

1. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I will lol!!

I'm pretty much hunting one afternoon during the week and on Saturday. Definitely not getting the tree time I want but at least I am getting some. I have found a 2 acre bean field that is being hammered. I just walked around it the edge of it the other day and it was lined with scrapes and a beat down trail that goes right through the middle of it. It is supposed to be in the 70's here the next 3 days I believe but it will be dropping back down the weekend. We are supposed to have a bunch of rain coming in as well. So hopefully with the combination of colder temps and a chance for rain, I may just get lucky lol. Anyway, my season ends January 1st so my days are numbered. I am going to keep trying until then though. I hope you get a chance at "A Bakers Dozen" b/c he is a freaking giant!!!

2. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I didn't add a bunch of points but I did get us another 50 points.....Long ways from catching Team 6 though....

3. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Josh, Congrats. I'll be out there some this weekend.

4. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good job, Josh. I had a dream last night that I killed a big 10pt still in velvet. Maybe it was an omen. I think I'll try to go out Sunday or Monday.

5. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys!! Good luck to yall!! My season ended on Monday and I went out with another doe in the truck so not to bad. Didn't get the buck I was hoping for but there is always next season. I was happy with my first bow buck even though it wasn't nothing to brag about.

SDC10656.jpg

6. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ruttnutt taged a nice 9 point MD buck a couple of days ago. He has had one of the best and worse years ever but he can tell you about that if he wants. Said he will try to get it scored and posted tomorrow.

Had a great time hunting with ruttnutt in MD this year and passed on a few nice bucks, hunt was ended early due to having a death in the family and we all had to return to Michigan early.
    I did get to watch my daughter in law put a stalk on a 140" 8 point that had a doe bedded in a bean field, He was trying to fight off 3 other bucks when Barb slipped up to withen 60 yards and grunted him into 35, only problem was she shot him for 30 and only skint his brisket, ruttnutt and I watched the whole thing through binoculars from about 350 yards away at his back door, It was Fricken Awesom!

A few pics of ruttnutts Buck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  7. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Rutt Nutt!!! Great buck man!! Thanks for sharing the info SliverFlicker......Sorry for the loss in the family as well!!