****Team 3 -Rising Tines****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by WiscoBowHunter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jetter

jetter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still here guys, just haven't been able to get out much, between family and work. I hope to get some stand time in over the Christmas Holidays. Good luck to all of you!

2. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I was out yesterday to try and kill a doe - saw all little bucks... :(

Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story!

3. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made it out Monday night, seen one Deer. It was probably 300 yards away running across a picked Bean field, don't even know what it was. So I get back to my truck, and I'm heading out of my Uncles driveway, which is about a quarter of a mile long, I come over the hill, and there in the Hayfield was at least 30 Deer. I'm off this weekend so I will be heading back down Friday, my luck has to change one of these days. lol. Well good luck guys.

4. Bowhunter29

Bowhunter29 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys sorry I was not here to join in on the thread this year. I have been working 30 hours a week with school and also trying to get stand time in. I have been hunting my dad shot a 10 and also his friend shot a really nice 10. I will be out almost every single day starting Saturday until January 1. I am really determined to get one sitting over the small soy bean plot we planted. If not a buck I will know down a doe to do something for this team since I was no help with anything else. Sorry again. The good thing about putting in all those hours does mean my hoyt carbon spyder is on its way thought

5. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I just wanted to check back in with everyone and wish all of you and your families a happy holiday

6. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Mike, I hope you and your family have a safe, and happy holiday season as well. I was able to make it out this past Friday and Saturday night. I seen a total of 7 Deer on Friday evening, all Does and Fawns. On Saturday evening I didn't see anything until I lowered my Bow down, as I was about to climb down from my stand I could see a Deer heading my way across the Bean field. So I waited, and it walked by at 5 yards, it was a smaller Buck, not sure how many points. So I let him walk off before I climbed down, and as I made my way back to my Truck, I come over the hill, I can see 4 Deer feeding in the Bean field not 30 yards from my Truck. Pretty much sums up my season this year. lol. I have Thursday and Friday to hunt, and that will end my season. Well as Mike said, I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season.

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas guys, enjoy the holidays.

8. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas gents, down in Florida visiting the parents but hopefully will be in a stand this weekend back in Alabama

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

9. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, my season came to an end tonight. I hunted last night and seen 11 Deer while in the stand. I had a Doe at 30 yards and slowly heading in my direction until my Uncles neighbors decided to come by on their Snowmobiles, and yes they were on their land, but what timing. I went out this morning and sat until 10:15 this morning and didn't see a Deer. Went back out this evening and seen one Doe. I'm thinking it was too damn nice today, near 40. Tomorrow our family has Christmas on my Moms side of the family, and I have to work Sun, Mon, and Tues. Overall my season was pretty disappointing, not one shot ( by choice that is ) I really, really wanted to be able to post up that I had a Deer on the ground and had gotten some points for our Team, but I wasn't going to shoot a Buck I normally wouldn't shoot, and I never got a good shot at a Doe. That really still has me somewhat baffled. But like the old saying goes, "It's called hunting, not killing" I want to congratulate everyone on our Team that did harvest a Deer, some multiple Deer. This is only the second time I have entered one of these contests, first on this site, and you guys made this a lot more fun, than the other one I was in. Well those of you that are still able to hunt, good luck. I want to wish everyone a safe and Happy New Year.

10. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season wrapped up today.

It was a great season for me with many highs and lows. Learned a lot this year and I couldn't have asked for a better team on here.

Sorry I never put up a buck for our team, but I really enjoyed everyone's company and we for sure gave it a really good shot.

11. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy New Year gang! Hope it's a good one for ya'll!

12. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We'll guys it has been great sharing this season with you.
    Unfortunately for me I think my season has come to an end as well.
    Hope to see most if not all of you at the GTG this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well as of few days ago my season ended. Always hate it but really enjoyed my time in woods and having you all as my team. Got some meat in freezer and ideas for next year. Thanks again guys its been fun!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

14. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We'll I through in the towel. It was. Good season over all! Hope to see you all down at the G2G should be a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Had our baby boy - Frederick on December 20! Just coming up for air now. :) Hope you all had a good season; maybe i'll see a few of you at the bh.com g2g?

BowhuntOrDie!!!

16. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Neal!

17. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    I still have until Feb 10th but have been sick for a week and a half now. Hopefully next weekend I'll be good to get in the stand.

18. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Plan on being at the GTG again this year. I have no excuses as it is only about 30 min from my place! Congrats Neal!

19. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats. on the new edition to the Family Neal. Ryan I hope your feeling better soon. I went down to the Farms I hunt on yesterday, and put 3 Cameras out. The fields look like there has been Cattle running everywhere. I talked to my one Uncle, and he said when he came home this past Monday night, he had 4 big Bucks run across his Driveway while he was driving in. I wanna know where the heck they were at all season. lol. Oh well hopefully they all make it through the winter ok. They will all be a little bigger then next season. Well I hope everyone is having a good New Years so far.

20. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Still fighting whatever has me sick, sorry I haven't been active lately fellas. Hopefully I can get in the woods soon, the rut is getting ready to start here in Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk