****Team 3 -Rising Tines****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by WiscoBowHunter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I should have been hunting in my stand Saturday instead of behind my house because I had a nice 6pt broad daylight. Had I not had work Monday, I would have had a busted up 8pt with a doe broad daylight as well. Man, I'm am just getting unlucky with bucks this year, but it is still good to see that they are moving.

Crab, that sounds like a tough season man. Not many people who would have stuck with it like you did, I'm sure things will turn around for you sooner or later.

2. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got home late last night (actually this morning). Here is the buck i tagged on Wed. This is how he was found when I walked up to him. IN previous years we would have an encounter or two during the week with a 150" or bigger buck. This was the largest buck we saw all week in the woods, while driving or killed by another hunter. I have a LOT of things to do around home and get to work right now so I will get him entered into the contest sometime this week.

[​IMG]

3. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Rizzo, great buck!

4. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Rizzo

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

5. jetter

jetter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Rizzo! I only got to get out yesterday afternoon, seen a ton of deer. Seen the 6 point i have on cam, good deer but needs at least one more year. Thanksgiving Holiday is coming up so hope to get some stand time in and get er done!

6. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I have not measured him yet, but I would b surprised if he makes 120". Dang good buck for public land. This may sound strange, but from the signs I saw in West Central IL the rut was just getting going. Early in the week the young boys were chasing does everywhere. By the weekend the 2.5 yr olds were coming out to play. Charles Alzheimer predicted a late rut. I typically do not believe his predictions, but they seemed pretty accurate for where I was. Now it is time to sleep for a week if I had the chance!

8. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Rizzo, that deer will help our score for sure. Schuls, I'm liking the green theme you have going on there.

9. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Ghillie! The Carbon Knight is red and black and went green on the ZXT.

10. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome some antler for team 3! Congrats on a very nice public land deer

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

11. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    No luck here again....as usual sigh

12. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Schuls, my first sit of my first season I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen to date, and that was the only deer I saw that whole year. But keep putting your time in scouting areas and running cams, and you will eventually pattern the deer and learn them. Don't be afraid to move either, if your current area is not producing consistently, then time to hit new ground. You have a lot of season left, keep chipping away at it and you will eventually connect.

13. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well unfortintly I shot this buck with the rifle but I have the bow in hand for the rest of the season and I shot a doe with the rifle. So I have my gun tages out of the way and now.work on the bow for the rest of the season. Score of 137 3/8. But it was a very good birthday gift for my birthday on opening day of WI gun season. Skipped school today going out for the rest of the week with bow in hand!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

14. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats wisco

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

15. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    I finally got him measured last night. We are trying to get the pics off of my neighbors camera. He did not have the SD card in so we have to remove the pics from the camera itself. The pic I attached before was from my cell phone.

Guesses on score? We can see who is the closest!!

Congrats Wisco...you had to brave some ridiculous weather this past weekend! Way to get it done.

16. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    117 4/8 is my guess Mike! I'm probably way off

Ghillie, yeah I'm still putting the work in. I just hung my other Lone Wolf in a different spot that catches three trails and was going to take down the Lone Wolf I put up before season until I saw fresh tracks crossing the creek. I will probably pull it down after this weekend and leave the newer location up, it looks like they are passing through that area of thicker woods (in between two houses about 300 yards apart) and up across the road to a food plot on the other side in the pine forest. Hopefully I can catch them moving soon! I am hunting on Thanksgiving day now since I'm going to get some more ink done on Friday which puts me out of commission for the weekend in the woods with a fresh tattoo!

And most importantly, have a Happy Thanksgiving guys!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  17. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on getting a few down - i've been hunting hard and still now shooters for me.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - just be glad we get to do the sport we love! Maybe i'll manage a turkey day buck! :)

18. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Got the word today that I won't be able to stay here at Ft Rucker until I retire, was told sometime next summer that I'll be bound for Ft Bragg. Not too happy having to move again 2 years before I can retire but that's Army life for you.

19. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally got it done with the Mathews! Went and sat allday and shot a doe around noon with the reezen she ran about 150 yards double lung quartering away. Get pics up as soon as I can. Missed a HUGE buck at 36 yards. He was a huge 7x6 we call fence post.

I'm going to say 120 7/8 for Rizzo

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

20. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Wisco, sorry on the miss man! Rizzo, I'm going to go with 118 3/8.