Team 29 - Booner Boys

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Blarney22, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another picture of the doe I shot on Saturday :D

uploadfromtaptalk1410920612896.jpg

2. buckwild_09

buckwild_09 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm like a lil kid waiting for Christmas to come.. 10 days to go! can't wait to get some meat for the freezer

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Coming down on 2 weeks for me. Stoked!

4. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are always good pictures!

5. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mmm mmm looks good

6. NHBowHnter

NHBowHnter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So my season opened Monday... Haven't been able to get out after work yet.. Going tonight if i get out early enough... If not today.. then Saturday am for sure. Last time i was out by my stand found a string of rubs.. one cluster of 6 smaller trees (like 6-8 inch around) tore up. Then a line of 5 rub spots right down the trail. Each tree that was rubbed in the line was atleast the same diameter. bad thing of the rub line... it's just over a knoll from my stand. which is set overlooking a second trail and three seperate scrape spots. I hope that Mr tree distroyer pays a visit on my side.. which really is only 20-30 yards over the knoll.

7. buckwild_09

buckwild_09 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys hows hunting going?? Ohio doesn't open up for another 7 days but I have the same BIG bucks on camera from this week. Hopefully opening day I will be blessed to drop a monster!!

On a side note, I need new boots. Have been looking at the Lacrosse aeroheads 7mm. I want something that i can wear most of the season in Ohio weather to stay warm and dry. Any opinions on these??

8. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cant comment on Lacrosse, but I can tell you to check out UA HAW boots. Very nice boots. They make them insulated as well I use uninsulated

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good morning Men!
    Well, bad news here... I lost my cell phone on the 10th of this month. I've advertised a reward on Craigslist and reported it to the police... but as of today - no responses (per se). One woman said I could find it if I had a Google+ account on it via a GPS thing. Well guess what... that ain't gonna happen!

So my 'Live from the Stand' posts via Tapatalk are not gonna' happen unless I get my butt to the Verizon store and submit an insurance claim (I think I had insurance on it). If I didn't... I'm gonna be hunting a week from Wednesday w/o a cell phone! No problem though... I hunted for over 40 years w/o one :lol:.

I gotta' pick up some BH's today and start practicing with one instead of using field points. I think I'm going to go with the same heads I've been using for the past few years (Slick Trick's RazorTricks). They're awesome... have ALWAYS shot where my field tips were hitting. I know I have all new equipment this year... but I'm positive they'll work fine on this rig too.

Boy the deer are falling like flies on the 'Live from the Stand' thread. Good luck to all you dudes, stay safe and shoot straight.

:bow:

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks to lose your phone. I am used to having it in stand with me even though I dont use it often but like to think if I ever needed help its just a call away.

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Same to u sir im thinkin about trying the slicktricks out also glad to hear they kill deer an we hope u get ur phone situation lined out if not gud luck to u

12. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been out much since seeing the big one again but my dads been seeing him a lot. It's a matter of time before he gets it!

13. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  14. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Must be "Mister Tree Destroyer" didn't pay you a visit... huh? Hopefully he (or some other dude) will and you get a shot. Best of luck out there... stay safe and shoot straight. TEN more agonizing days to wait 'til it opens in NY. :sad:

15. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally got the blind into place and im pretty pleased with it placement wize its at the food plot where i also have a stand so im double trouble at this spot but now I dont know whether to hunt the ground or my stand I got options but there is gud activity at this spot I really nd to put a camera in there but cant afford another at the moment but there's tracks and trails coming from every direction so this is a honey hole of a food plot I harvest only doe from it but I might get lucky an come up on the big 8 come rut fingers crossed an good luck to all my teammates[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  16. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
  17. NHBowHnter

NHBowHnter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well Sat all day saturday. Didn't anything come thru. Checked the camera on way out. Had a small bear probably a yearling and also a small buck looked like a small 4 point, and a fox. Put another camera up facing the rubs and trail they are on. Hoping to see just whos coming thru there. Also same spot more trees were thrashed upon. So i know who ever it is has been visiting that area. Bad side.. i won't be able to hunt that spot for 19 days from now.. will be able to hunt other areas after work closer by in the mean time. But really curious to see how big the Mister tree destroyer is.. :) still plenty of time to my season so patients will pay off.

18. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well... bit the bullet and filed an insurance claim with the phone insurance company (Asurion) today. Hopefully I'll have a replacement phone tomorrow. Then I have to reinstate my number with Verizon and get the phone charged and turned on. I know one thing I'll do after I get it and that's re-installing TapaTalk. I hope I can remember all my passwords :(

Went shooting at the local bow shop and range today instead of in the driveway and left without my release. Went back and purchased a new one after not being able to find it there. I think I'm loosing my mind... first the phone, now the release - it sucks getting old. Perhaps I'm in the early stages of Alzheimer Disease. My mom has it so bad she no longer knows who I am. :sad:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  19. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That blind setup looks sweet!

20. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

Sorry to hear that about your mom. My wife and I just happened to run into one of her relatives outside a Super Walmart on Saturday. The relative had no idea where she parked her car. Fortunately we were there to help her find her vehicle and we had her son come out to drive her home. Alzheimeris creeping up on her fast, very sad.