Team 27....

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by MNpurple, Jul 17, 2012.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had a solid 8 (135) show up this morning downwind of me 50 yards with no shot. I know where he headed back to on the property and I think i will be heading back out, hoping he checks his scrapes before dark and comes by. The wind is supposed do die down from the 35MPH I was sitting in but we got Thunderstorms with it. Luckily I got an Oak that has to be over 18 feet around to hunt out of in an area what will have minimal wind. I did have two button bucks come in 30 minutes before leaving and I watched them spar on and off for 10 minutes.

2. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep and not even half of our guys have bucks and all the rest are does
    3 of the bucks were under a 100 but points are points hehehehehehehehehehe.
    If I know tom like I think I do he will put you guys right over the top.....

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Gents I'm heading up to northern Wisconsin this evening for my annual gun trip and won't be back until the Sunday after
    Thanksgiving. December I will be back at it with the bow to try and get a doe. Good luck to you all
    and if you start to get down while hunting keep your chin up we still have a lot to be thankful for.
    Have a great holiday and be safe.

Peace,
    T
    I will be updating when I can via tapatalk. Also feel free to shoot me a text with your hunting updates.

P.S- Somebody stay on fergus's *** he doesn't not seem motivated. Never mind no points is good!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Peakrut!

5. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thursday starts gun season here in Michigan, so will be out with the shotgun, untill december. then back at it with the bow to tag a doe. good luck guys.

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys!

Rifle season starts the 28th here, so I'm gonna try and take another doe with my revolver. If the number of deer coming into my processing shed slows down, I might try to get a doe with my bow before that. Just last night I caped out a 169 7/8" buck, and another 135"ish buck. I have already had 8 deer in the shed, 5 of them being bucks. I need to start charging for my services :tu:

7. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    :tu:

Hopefully, getting a buck on the ground is going to happen soon for me. I had a VERY close call this AM with a big buck, but he busted me at 50 yards. A few more steps and he was in a 40 yd shooting lane. He came in from across the river downwind of me. As has been the case this season I have seen deer from directions I have NEVER seen them come from in the past. Weird! The 7 deer i saw this morning is much better than the 5 deer I saw in 6 days hunting last week!

8. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Guys,

I am more than sorry. I had a twenty hard shot on a 170+ ten today at 3:30PM and the shot deflected off a small branch and went under him. I am praying he makes it through this weekends shotgun season. He is bedding on the property 70 yards from my stand. Hopefully he stays, I will be out a lot over the next two weeks.

9. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.knightandhale.com/trophyroom/chris-10-point-buck

Very similar but a little more mass. Good news is he has a scrape 20 yards from my stand and I plan on having my hunting bow with me next time. It fell when the string broke last weekend and I was shooting my Alphamax with a release I normally don't use since I forgot mine and used the backup in the pack.

10. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Group consensus on voting Jason off the island?

Just kidding of course! You will get him, it sounds like you are right on top of him. Did he spook real bad, or did he not know what happened?

11. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Ran 60 yards and stood there until a doe caught me moving in the tree by where he was when I shot and then they flew out. The doe was not in heat and he was checking a scrape 20 yards from my stand at 3:30

12. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man thats tough! So close....he'll be back...and you'll be waiting.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is crazy Jason. Keep at it, it will happen!

14. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we could really use a few doe's and I could really kill a buck. Sorry guys I have passed a number of bucks so far but I am really after just one. I sat a lot of days dark to dark hoping to get a crack at him. I will be bow hunting him around Thanksgiving and then with my muzzleloader for a few days. I will be honest I hope to shoot him with my bow but I would shoot him with my muzzleloader with out a seconds thought. Good luck to everyone that will be getting out this weekend.

15. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    My big ten should stick around. Just got word today that the DNR showed for shotgun and that part of the property is too close to houses to shotgun hunt. I also won't be working over the next few weeks so time is on my side.

16. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Jason sorry to hear about that.. you'll get him this year! I'm currently gun hunting til the end of the month then ill be back on some does with my bow come December. Good luck guys.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

17. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Pulled the Katera out this morning to look her over after taking the 24 foot plunge to the ground. Everything checked out and she is shooting bullets at 20 yards, the Alphamax I was using when I shot at Big Daddy is also shooting bullets. I'm more convinced it was a twig that deflected my arrow after shooting both.

I have the perfect wind direction all week so i will likely hunt mornings for does and wait out Big Daddy in the afternoons. I'm pretty sure with Shotgun season that he will stay on his bed so Monday at dusk could be magical.

18. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was finally able to get a doe on Thursday and I'll get pics up in a day or two. I seem to be covered up in 2.5 year old bucks but I just cant get a shooter in range. Unfortunately all my properties will have experienced MNs gun season now so things will get tough. I'm hoping for cold and snow at the end of December to help my odds (then the cold and snow can go away).

Tom are you still getting pics of the big guy?

Good luck guys.

19. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Craig!

20. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Gents I'm still gun hunting this week then i will be back with the bow. Congrats on the doe!
    Jas you're going to get big daddy.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2