Team 27 "The Rejects"

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by Matt/TN, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Figured I'd start the thread for our makeshift team. We can decide on a name, but I picked a temporary one lol.

If you guys would like to also take a minute to tell us about yourself, where you'll be hunting, etc, that would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  2. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I believe this is a list of our team.. so we can see that everyone checks in.

Beetle Bailey
    Bowhunter252
    frenchbritt123
    frosty452
    IAwhitetails
    Jones4o5
    jvella
    Lady Forge
    Matt/TN

Pitman
    SparrowHawk
    Thwack1

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Beetle Bailey and SparrowHawk like this.
  3. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wesley here Aka Pitman "the Hitman". lol I live and hunt in southern Illinois. I have some nice bucks to chase this year and cant wait for Oct 1st!
    I will be taking my son again (now 5) as much as I can and will most likely shoot at anything if he is in the tree with me. If he isnt, I will "try" to hold our for one of my bigger bucks and let the rest do some growing! We have a 1 year old and a 5 year old so I will not have the time I normally do in the tree. I will hunt as much as possible and should have some good opportunity's if I play my cards right!

I would like to say that I think everyone should just have fun.. dont shoot anything that you wouldnt shoot at anyway and dont pass anything either! Big or small, lets just have fun!

I think we should have fun with the name being on the way late team lol Some ideas.. The Rejects.. Late Bloomers.. Just in Tine.. The Alternates..

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    SparrowHawk likes this.
  4. jvella

jvella Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like the team name seems fitting! I get a decent amount of time to hunt in between classes so hoping to have a decent buck show up and willing to be patient. I've hunted the area since last year. It is public. Of the 4-5 bucks I saw on the land last year I believe they made it(seen them before season closed). I'd estimate ages now to be about 2.5, 3.5, and if they show up 4-5 years. No trail cam pics of them but there is a nice doe walkin around. Hopefully I can shoot my first buck this year the area has some serious potential!

5. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!! Late, but looks like I made it! I am from SW Michigan where the hunting it pretty awful honestly!! Not a lot of mature bucks around my neck of the woods. However, I should have a good opportunity to harvest a doe, and I will hopefully connect on a buck Nov 5-9th when I will be traveling down to Missouri and spending sunrise to sunset in the woods. This will be my third year in a row heading to MO, I have shot some really nice deer back to back years(148/137). Look forward to sharing the ups and downs of the 2017 hunting season with everyone here.Season opens Oct. 1st here, shoot straight!

6. Beetle Bailey

Beetle Bailey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from NE Ohio. I have 2 decent bucks on camera. Season starts the 30th.
    Also I like the name.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  7. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. Hunt Illinois. Season starts October 1st. Usually start deer hunting towards the end of October. Good luck to everyone.

8. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Beetle Bailey
    Bowhunter252
    frenchbritt123
    frosty452
    IAwhitetails
    Jones4o5
    jvella
    Lady Forge
    Matt/TN
    Pitman
    SparrowHawk

Thwack1

Lady Forge Checking in. Glad to be on the team :) Looking forward to getting to know everyone on the team.
    My season starts Oct 1st here.
    I live in east central Illinois and hunt a University owned park. I am going to be hunting mainly a 6.5 yr old buck I call " Bob " But there are a couple of other 4.5yr old bucks that given the chance I might take them. I also have a business property thats asked me to come kill some deer for them, but I havnt yet gone to scout it out so I dont know what kind of deer its holding yet. Here are a few of my past bucks and doe bob.jpg deb idnr buck.jpg deb barb wire buck.jpg deb big buck.jpg deb red buck.jpg cem buck.jpg big5.5 doe.jpg winn.jpg BB buck.jpg .

frenchbritt123 likes this.
  9. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, 3 of us are from Illinois so far :rock:.
    I also have a blood tracking dog , a Catahoula for any of you close enough that might need a dog. Last year he tracked and recovered his 1st deer when he was 5 months old and tracked and recovered 3 deer by the time he was 6 months old. deb blood tracking.jpg C 3rd deer.jpg

frenchbritt123 likes this.
  10. Bowhunter252

Bowhunter252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhunter252(Jason) checking in from North Carolina. The team name is perfect! Our season has started but I'm trying to hold off on my number one buck until he puts one meat on. Because our season starts so early, the deer don't get to develop into full growth until November. He's on private land so I'm not worried about him going anywhere. I also have a few others I'm watching. Here's "Big Boy." Not as big as the bucks you guys have but he's big for my area! Good luck to everyone[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. frosty452

frosty452 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Frosty checking in from NW Ohio. I have a trip to southern Ohio planned and I have a woods behind our new house that I am hoping to get permission to hunt

Lady Forge likes this.
  12. Jones405

Jones405 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! Hunt in Indiana and Illinois! I shot a 153 7/8" 8 point last year and am hoping for similar or better results!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lady Forge likes this.
  13. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    I'll chime back in now.

As my name suggests, I'm from Tennessee (NE part). Where I live and hunt, a 100" deer is a great deer.

However, we are also hunting southern Ohio public land this year. I'll be up there for 3 days in the last weekend of October, 3 days in the first week of November and then the 11th-18th. I spent 2 days scouting two weekends ago and we are going again in a few weeks. I feel good about that but I might kill a 90" before that, who knows.

I also shoot a lot of competitive 3D archery and am on Mathews Factory Staff. I'm a mailman and I also self film

Lady Forge likes this.
  14. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be trying to take him out now! He will mainly be packing on fat anyway. What part of NC?

15. Bowhunter252

Bowhunter252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys ! Iawhitetails checking in from central Iowa ! I'll be hunting public and private but will concentrate most of my attention on one private piece . One of my best years for trail cameras - have a few real nice bucks hanging around ! My number one buck isn't the biggest I have around but I can't pass up the character of his rack!

Attached Files:

Lady Forge likes this.
  17. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Wow love the character of his rack ! Hope ya get him :bhod:

18. Jones405

Jones405 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is my number one buck on trail cam this year. I have what I think around 10 shooters, also my best year for trail cameras[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

IAwhitetails and Lady Forge like this.
  19. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope so too ! I wish I could pass him this year because he would be an absolute stud next year but my property is only about 80acres surrounded by a guy with 200 and 120 acre pieces that get hunted pretty hard. Luckily I have the food on my property with thick timber that the does love to bed in. I'm hoping to see Mr. Big first ( my number 2 ) first so I can let whacky grow another year if he makes it!

Attached Files:

Lady Forge likes this.
  20. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No giants on film yet, a couple my Dad & I would shoot:

Attached Files: