Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

***** Team 26 - "Draggin Rights" Official Thread *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by peakrut, Aug 19, 2013.

1. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Private land.

2. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Are we there yet!?....One week to go and I'll get my first action. Finally got some hard antlered bucks roaming around and two have shown up in daylight twice. No 150+ giants but good bucks that are 4.5 or older. We had them all around last year when we were pretty sure they were 3.5s. I know compare to my buck and my fathers from last year on this property that we aged. Mine was 4.5 and we thought he was 3.5 and my Dad's was 6.5 and we thoght he was 5.5.

Here are three that Tim and I will be chasing...ther are two others but I don't have pics on this computer.

Skyrocket is the 8 which has normal G2's then goes into crab claws. Not going to score a lot of inches but a buck I'm after because of his age and that I saw him in stand last year. For some reason I'm obsessed with big 6 and 8's (not that shooting a big 10+ is all that bad!!!ha) This zoom pic is 1845 on the 16th of Sept...shooting light!
    Skyrocket PM.jpg

Lefty - This is a 10 with tall brows but not tall anters from there. Last year his right side was a nub so were not 100% positive on this deer but were pretty sure it's him. He's got a big ol body so he's 4.5 +...time to hit the dirt. He's eating at one of our apple tree's here at about 1900. I had to zoom in on the pic as you can see.
    Lefty.jpg

Bob - We call him Bob because he has an unusually small tail...like a bobcat. Not sure we've positively Id this dear from last but we think we may have seen him before. Either way if he passes my stand he's getting a killzone flung his way. We got one pic close to sunset in our beans a few weeks back so he's hanging on one side of our property.
    SUNP0056.jpg

Hopefully all these pics work...

3. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking bucks! I really like that first one. Any of them would look good on the ground though. Good luck with them!

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to all you guys whos season starts today and heading on out. Be Safe!
    Remember 2 pictures with you and the bow please.

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Final load is the washer, bow is dialed. Ready for Saturday!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4.

6. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully you guys are just busy out there hunting and that's why our thread is dead:D Two more days!

7. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I had been hunting. I don't think I'll even get to hunt this weekend. I will definitely be back at it next week though. I started a mock scrape last week and am anxious to check the cam I have on it. If something big has started hitting it in daylight I may have to use a vacation day. I would love to go ahead and kill my buck so I can take my wife more to help her out. I would love for her to be as totally obsessed with it as I am.

8. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been kinda hot here this week. Going out tonight anyway, I will let y'all know how it goes.

9. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    This afternoon i will be out rain or shine.

10. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been out and have only seen 1 doe w/two yearlings so far. D*mn it's HOT! Today was wild... got in the woods, settled down and all of a sudden (out of nowhere)... BANG - thunder! Then the rain came - by the bucket full - flash floods and winds. Ran to the truck and waited for it to stop... but then just went home. I'll be back out in the morning.

Oh... I think I'm going to invest in a Thermacell - the bugs were brutal :hater:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  11. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ready to do a cam check in the morning if the storms hold off long enough. I'm wanting to check my mock scrape that I started last week and see if there is gonna be a mature buck to try and get on Sunday evening. The temps are supposed to get down in the 40s Saturday night, so I know if there is a mature buck in the area, he will most likely be moving in daylight on Sunday. If there isn't anything worth shooting I will probably sit this weekend out and wait til next weekend to head to another property to fill my bonus doe tag. I'm just waiting for the last week of October so some big boys start getting on their feet.

12. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    In the stand. Filming for Tim Ainsworth this am. One doe, two button bucks and three small bucks all within shooting range already. 70 degrees so not expecting much more movement until late this afternoon and tomorrow am. Never know though. God I love this!

13. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_20131005_075715837.jpg
    Happy happy happy. Oh and tired too. So excited I couldn't sleep last night

14. wings435

wings435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I realize I haven't posted much over the last week or so. Things have been pretty quiet in my neck of the Minnesota woods. I have been out 4 times and only once have I seen deer from the stand. I had 4 doe at about 25 yards, and the only time I had a good shot it probably would have hit all 4 of them at once. I would also like to wish everyone good luck over the next couple of weeks. I am leaving Wednesday for a trip to Europe to visit our oldest son, who is studying abroad this fall. With packing/preparation and work, I don't expect to get in the stand again before we go. I am not planning on taking electronic devices, so I will have a lot of catching up to do when I get home. Again, good luck and I hope to see lots of deer down when I get back.

15. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing this AM. Back at it this evening..81 degrees and all:D

16. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had several bucks hit the mock scrape in the past week. But as usual there are no shooters on the pics. The 3.5 year old ten has been all over the cameras. I really feel I have him pretty well patterned, but he's just not old enough. If he does the same things next year that will be great, I just hope he makes it through the season. Other than that, not much going on. I'm getting another camera and putting out another mock scrape tomorrow to try and find a shooter. Good luck to anybody hunting tomorrow.

17. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Slowest first day I can remember. Not one deer sighted. Hopefully with cooler temps next week, they will be on their feet more.

18. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got my camera and am eating lunch for my one year anniversary. The wife and I will be sitting in the woods this evening. Good luck to everybody today.

19. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    So I say as camera man most the weekend but did venture out for a self film Sunday afternoon. Had 17 or so different deer come out in good plot by me. 3 were y young bucks who sparred a bit but no shooters. Need the weather to stay cold for next weekend when I will be back at it. Probably won't take a doe till late season boys. Good luck out there guys. Stay safe. BHOD.

20. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Waiting this rain out here at work. Watching the radar. Still unsure whether I'm sitting this evening or not.