Team 24 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Iowa Veteran, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It looks good too! (Had to try it out). Unless anyone has any objections, I vote we go with this. Is there a second?

2. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It looks good, but still need some sort of tag line to go with it, maybe for our sigs.

3. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's got my vote. I think its straight forward and to the point and says it all by itself. I think it's got that less is more appeal to it. The total package if you will. Nice job Matt!! Now how do I get it into my Avatar?? I can't remember how to do that...

4. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    Its under settings in the gray bar at the top of the page.

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, Settings, then choose "Edit Avatar" from the far left. Save the image ahead of time to your desktop, and choose option 2, "Upload."

6. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hot diggity!!! Once again Matt, artistic genius. Thanks boys!

7. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    Ok matt since you seem to be the creative one, now come up with some sort of tag line and banner for our sigs, then when season starts I want you to kill at least a 180" deer, and a doe, and just be the overall work horse for our team :whip: :poke:

8. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got this from a list of Jack Bauer (24) one-liners and changed it a bit. There's a bunch more that could be altered to fit too.
    "When you open a can of whoop-***, Team 24 jumps out"

9. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately BH.com thinks that *** is a bad word. I don't think that *** is a bad word though. What's so wrong with ***? :lol:

10. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks awesome! Lets put team 24 in the number one spot!

11. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pine tops checking in, looks like we have a great group.

I just didn’t think it got any better than fly fishing and then I started bow hunting and really didn’t it could possibly get any better. This is my first time entering the Team Hunt. Now this really rocks. Looking forward to putting some points up for the team.
    Rock on Team 24 …. mighty glade to be on board.

12. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome PT!

13. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any word on or are they still MIA

Sconley81
    Gutshotem
    Oklabowyer

14. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sent messages to them 2 days ago. Still MIA. Sconley81 only has 1 post, so I am doubtful about him.

15. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do not even see where sconley has a BH account anymore. If he does, I am not finding it. If that's the case, does Fitz throw another name in our hat?

16. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  17. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most importantly remember the rules!
    1. . All deer entered into this contest must be harvested legally within the laws and regulations of the state or province in which it was harvested. This contest is only for fun so please, don't break the law.

2. All deer entered into this contest must be harvested with archery equipment only. After all, this is Bowhunting.com. This includes compound bows, traditional equipment, or crossbows. This also means you can't shoot a deer with a gun and enter it into this contest.

3. All entries must be accompanied by a minimum of TWO (2) photos of the hunter with the deer and your archery equipment in the picture. If you can manage to take one picture, you can also manage to move 4 feet to the side and take another one. It's not that hard. There will be NO exceptions to this rule. Two photos with hunter, deer, and bow in photo or it won't count. If you submit a deer without two photos, it will not count. Consider this your warning. This goes for both does as well as bucks.

3a. If you harvest the deer on film and can provide footage of you shooting the animal along with post-recovery footage including hunting, animal, and bow, that will suffice in place of two photos. Footage must be posted online for everyone to see.

4. Along with your photo (or video) you must post the date and time in which the deer was shot.

5. If possible, provide a list of the following information along with your harvest photos. We want to know what kind of gear everyone is using. This is optional. If you don't list your equipment, your deer will still count.
    Bow Make/Model
    Broadhead Make/Model/Weight
    Arrow Make/Model
    Rest Make/Model

6. Above all else, have fun! Don't change the way you hunt for a contest, no matter where it is. If you see a deer that you want to shoot that is going to make you happy then by all means shoot it. Don't worry about what people will think. We're all bowhunters and we should all support each other's decisions on what type of animals we choose to harvest, regardless of size or age.

7. If a buck's rack scores less than 50 points, a minimum score of 50 will be applied. This is known as the "Fergie Clause". This does NOT apply to button bucks. The buck must be a legally "antlered" deer in your state and have a scorable rack.

8. Beginning this year, if you have shot a deer and post the two photos in your team thread, however, do not post the photos and enter it in the Official Scorecard you will be banned from future contests. Last year we had an instance where a team was cost several hundred points because their teammates were too lazy to post their entry in the Official Scorecard. If you can post your harvest in your team thread, you can post it in the scorecard. This is a friendly competition, but it is not fair your teammates to have to suffer due to your laziness.

If one of you is having problems posting the photos, email them to me and I will post for you.

18. HOLDFASTHANK

HOLDFASTHANK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have great feelings about this year, and the contest. I just don't know how I'm gonna be patient sitting around watching you guys bring points in. Hopefully I can come in late with something special.

19. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot my bucks on October 31st the last two years. Didn't get a doe last year, but I usually have a doe or two down earlier.

20. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sent out 2nd notices which say "You were drawn for team 24 for the team bowhunting contest. Please sign in to the team thread to show your intention of competing.

Thanks,

Mark
    Iowa Veteran"

or something similar since I didn't copy and paste. We'll see if we get any response.