Team 24 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Iowa Veteran, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    You won't hear any smack talk from me...I'm archery buckless two years running, now:D

Cope, yes, most teams often choose a name, captain, and also an avatar.

I nominate Iowa has our Captain:D, and once we decide on a name, I can whip up an avatar.

2. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it is customary to come up with a team name. Y'all come up wtih something because my creativeness is not working.

3. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also nominate IV for cap. Last year was my first year bow hunting, but not first hunting. I have been gun hunting since I was a kid. That being said, I think I had 3 sits under my belt last year and I bagged a 7 point buck. Had several opportunities for does, but passed hoping for a buck. I didn't buy a doe tag last year. This year will be different though, I will not step foot in the woods without a doe tag.

4. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool, then I feel this is your year! :rock: Do we each think of some team names and throw them out for a vote? I feel the same for Captain, that is if IV doesn't mind. I am pretty sure that he already has leadership qualities and I figured since he was "Social Director" that it made perfect sense. :hail: By the way, I'll be 'Friending' you guys as we check in, seems like that would be the right thing to do first off. I am not a superstitious man, but I have a good vibe about Team 24, it's a nice round number. And Fergus, he's on team 13, I mean, come on...

5. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Are there any team members who cannot get 2 tags (1 for buck and 1 for doe)? If we could get everyone on the team to put down a doe, we're already sitting at 600 points. Then, 1/3 to put down a 100+ buck, we're over a grand. Shooting does here are easy. Shooting bucks over 100" are also easy here. I personally have my eye on a couple that are well over 150 (which is not uncommon here either). I will not shoot anything under P&Y standards even if they beg to be shot as I have a personal policy that any buck shot on my place has to be mounted. Good luck to all and lets really mess with other peoples minds by not responding to any smack talk on this thread. It'll drive them nuts.

6. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    HEY Cope! I'm only social director 'cause I ain't got no social life. hehehe

7. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty confident I can get a buck over 100" , i'm not super picky on size because I hunt public ground, but I will be a little more hesitant this year if I see a big boy early. On the smack talk issue, I have to lay down a little bit with a few people from the gtg. We have been going back and forth since then, and has you can see ferg and dawg are already starting in on me.

8. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Don't we need a whole team before choosing avatar, name and captain? Or are y'all wanting to just do it and let them live with the decision?

9. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand, but just take the battle to their thread and if they post here, respond on their thread. If they see we ignore outside static on our thread it will get to them.

10. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Grim Reapers - have an avatar of the Grim Reaper with a bow drawn back.
    The Looney Tunes - Looney Tune logo with Elmer drawing a bow back.
    Team Brand X - Nothing fancy just great results.

11. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    It smells in here i am out!:)

12. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    The Looney Tunes-I grew up watching them, I dig it. Instead of "be vewy vewy quite, im huntint wabbits" it can be "be very very quite, im hunting monster waxx"

13. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm dwopping monster waxxs!

14. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    even better yet...

15. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know how you feel about the 'Social' thing IV. If I had one, I wouldn't be on BH.com all the time ;). I can take two deer one of each sex or two doe. I will also have an antlerless tag and can take another doe or button for a total of three with bow. We have a LOT of buttons around here and they taste pretty darn good, but if I do it will be as late in the season as possible, hopefully. As far as the avatar goes, I don't care much. Think we ought to give the team name some more thought though and maybe hold off a few more days to see if the other fellows want to sign in or chime in. I do like your idea regarding the smack talk; Team 24 will walk softly and carry a big stick. However, Wes seems to take a beatin from a few guys on here, so I might have to step up for a fellow team member now and then.

16. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, there has been a few of us going back and forth since before the gtg, its all in good fun though. I'm surprised Tom "mo" Lester has not chimed in on me yet. I'm sure he will get to it eventually, and then maybe gutone4me(pat) will probably start in on me sometime too.

17. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In two days time, I had 34 does, a buttload of turkeys and this guy

[​IMG]

18. Wesley Lofton

Dislikes Received:
    That would give us a nice little boost in points.

19. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Z7hunter checking in. Looking forward to sharing my hunts with y'all. I'll be hunting about 1000 acres in SC where I've got pics of a nice 140 inch buck and a slew of 100 to 120s. Also have about 150 acres in NC, my dad has killed a 130 or better buck there for the past two years.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  20. Iowa Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    if you have a FB page, let me know through PM and I'll create a Closed FB group to discuss strategies and other stuff we don't want the rest of these yahoo's to see, because you know they'll copy us.