Team 23 - Team Betty Crockett

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Hunteropel, Aug 29, 2011.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out Thursday evening and most of this weekend. I may get out for a morning sit here soon as well.

2. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still here!!! Not hunting much at all though... Weekends have been booked since. I do plan on getting out a time or three before season ends January 7th or 8th whenever it is

3. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am out of here for awhile, by the time I am back this contest will be over, so I wish everyone still hunting "GOOD LUCK" and everyone on this team a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. I am heading west to do some trapping for a couple months. See Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

4. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to you too! I went out tonight and saw 9 deer. I think they were all does but they were a few hundred yards off. Will try again tomorrow!

5. rickmur

rickmur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still hunting most every evening and Saturdays.

6. bblefty

bblefty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting every day, both morning and evening but I can't seem to find a deer.

7. rickmur

Dislikes Received:
    5 does all out of range.

8. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Dang keep at it Rick! I havent gotten out much lately and its been too warm to get motivated to get out. But I will go soon!

9. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey boys! Sorry I've been away so long. I just moved from Kodiak up to Anchorage to be with my wife. (Guess I should change my name now... naaahhh, I kept my boat and LandCruiser down there for hunting and fishing.) The boat trip never came together due to bad weather, a breakdown and the move. I hunted deer a total of one day this year. The season ends here tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't hook us up with more points but if it were closer I was just prepared to book a mule deer hunt for next week. If one of you guys anchors a 150 class buck tomorrow I'll book it and it'll be GAME ON!!!

10. rickmur

Dislikes Received:
    Sightings are coming far and few between but I plan to hit it hard till the end of the month. Have a lot of appointments for my upcoming total knee replacement surgery on the 30th that will limit my woods time. It's hard enough getting around in the woods as it is, good possibility that both knees will get replaced but won't know that for sure until the 19th. I fell 3 times in the dark morning Fri trying to get Thu the wetlands to the stand sight due to these damn knees. Will be setting up on a very nice 8pt with 12-13 inch G2 and G3,s and a whole herd of does Mon evening. Hope something good happens out of that although only the doe will count. Sorry but if offered the chance at both you know which one I will take.:D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  11. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Damn Rick, good luck with the knees! I'm literally chilling here in Anchortown. Shot indoor 5 spot States this weekend with my hunting bow but not up to what I was hoping for. Hopefully my new target bow bow will work me up from 5th to 1st or 2nd when 3 spots come around in a couple weeks. I'll still pull the rip cord if you guys need me to shoot a 150" mulie at the last minute, just let me know when you do the same with a whitetail... 907-654-1135.

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rob,

Are you coming to Vegas?

Rick, good luck with the knee!

13. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys!
    How's everyone doing? Winter treatin ya good?
    I was not able to pull anything out late season hunting. Been a pleasure teaming up with all of ya, and will keep the numbers in the phone to rub it in next year when you are on the other team ;)

14. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it was a good time! My season is done and the warmer weather really messed me up. It didnt help that I had to deal with trespassers and thieves. Had a guy take down my ladder stand and move it 100 yds and put it up with one of his stands and locked it to the tree.

15. rickmur

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Dan, what was the outcome of that stand theft?
    Going out tomorrow possibly the last time this year. Will be set up in a semi residential rural area with that has some super nice bucks that are running with the does but they bring up the rear when they travel and the property resident wants any deer taken that presents itself. Great possibility of a doe and a good possibility of a super nice buck. He will be on the other side of the field so he can see me and if he sees I let the does pass, well that won't be good for an invite for later hunts. We will see how it pans out.

16. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    I had my stand on a private property next to some public land. My boss owns it and I get access to a chunk of it. No one is suppose to be on it at all. I went out there to hunt with my climber and noticed a ladder and hangon combo set up on the same field my ladder was set up. So I went to check on mine and it was gone. Luckily I put my initials on the foot platform so I could verify it was mine. I called my boss and he told me to get bolt cutters and cut them down and take both. I then put a note on the tree telling him to call me at my number if he wants the stand back. It was a real hassle.

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Dam Dan, that sucks! Well guys it was a good ride! we didnt do bad at all! was an honor being on the same team with ya boys!! tear in eye :( peace out >>>CRICK<<<