Team 23- RAXX Pack

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by buttonbuckmaster, Aug 19, 2013.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have always heard good about Fulton.

2. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have deer envy from all those shooters. Is everyone but me from the Midwest?

3. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
    So far I think.

4. Hammer1171

Dislikes Received:
    What are you planting and what equipment do you have available? Recommend the basics first. Soil tests, Lime as needed to get soil to about 6.5-7 pH range. You can mix in fertilizer with your lime but I would give it a week before you seed.

5. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will be oing soil tests this week to check ph. Just sprayed Sunday to kill yhe weeds off. Hoping to mow and maybe disc once this weekend. Will keep everybody updated on progress. As far as I know they will be the only plots within a mile or so. Hoping to draw deer from a pretty good distance. Thinking of doing turnips in one plot and maybe winter peas and some other goodies in the bigger one. Any other suggestions?

6. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    DoubleLung checking in! How's it going guys?

So I hope to be contributing real soon... I'm headed to North Dakota in 10 days to chase Whitetails; outside of that I hunt the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Central Wisconsin. I'm good for a couple doe kills every year and typically I'm on a couple really nice bucks throughout the season. Last year I missed an incredible opportunity at a 140" 8-pointer... live and learn, right!? However, I was fortunate enough to film my good friend shoot our #1 hit-list buck "Splits" (a 174" giant) last October!

I really look forward to meeting everyone and sharing adventures and experiences throughout the 2013 Bow Season, I encourage everyone to stay as active as they can on our team thread... it'll add another dimension to your season! :)

If anyone is interested in seeing last years season in a 'nutshell' checkout this video: UP Full Draw Promo.mov - YouTube

CHEERS!

7. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    By-the-way, Monster Raxx I expect you to carry this team on your shoulders! ;) Nice bucks! :hail:

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do we have any teammates that are in the contest for the first time? The most important thing for this contest is to have fun but we want to make sure we post 2 pictures of our deer, bow and ourselves for the pics to count. They also should be from 2 different angles so there is no issues. Shooting does is VERY important, if every one can each shoot a doe and then if we can shoot some bucks we will be right in the running.

9. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    'Copy That' Shooting Doe's is HUGE.. need to drop the gals to win this thing!

10. Hammer1171

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first year in the contest but I'm usually good for a doe or two every year. Watch, having said that I will go 0 for this year. Just got on a lease this past week I've been trying to get on for quite some time. Regularly see 40-50 deer in fields as I drive past. Saw two 155+ inch deer and a few 135+ inch deer this weekend, so hoping I can get in there and hang some cameras this weekend. Fingers crossed.

11. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is my second year in the contest. Last year I put a doe down and got 50 points for the team. This year I hope to drop a buck. We have some very nice bucks on our property, but if something with a decent rack walks into range I'll have a hard time waiting for something bigger. Btw I consider a decent rack 6pts or more.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

12. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first year. I am trying to go five years in a row shooting a buck and it's been very many years ago since I havnt shot at least one doe. Should be a good team and fun year.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No one should pass a buck they would normally shoot because of the contest either. If it is a buck you like I say let er fly :) this contest isn't about who shoots the biggest bucks but more about getting involved with your teammates and having fun...oh yeah it is also about giving the other teams a hard time :)

14. LegendaryMe

LegendaryMe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello my name is Mike, I'm 46 years old, I'm from western ky. I mostly hunt public land but have a few spots i've killed some decent bucks. This is my first year in the contest but i'm pretty excited about our team, as well as getting out with the critters this year.

15. Woody9220

Woody9220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When does everyones season start? Mine starts 10/1 but I won't get out until 10/4

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

16. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
    October 1st. I hunt once or twice a week until the end of October, then I hit it hard until gun season.

17. Hammer1171

Dislikes Received:
    Maryland starts Sept 6th but I will begin my season in Colorado. Hopefully with a nice bull. I usually average 2 times a week until the start of gun season in late November.

18. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    October 1st here as well. I'll hunt a few evenings a week until the time change, then it will be every weekend until the seasons over.

19. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    I open my season August 30th in North Dakota than Wisconsin September 21st and Michigan October 1st. On average i'll spend 3 days a week in a tree until gun season..

20. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I open with a bear tag on Sept 1 in Minnesota then I am not sure what state I will open with for bow season, WI, MN and MO all open the 14th.