Team 22 - Antler Agenda

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Invisible man, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well haven't been on much and haven't hunted much. Seems every time I plan to go, something just comes up to keep me out of the woods. That's changing this week because I'm headed to Ohio for a week of nothing but tree time. Got reports of several nice bucks on the farm. Can't wait to check the cameras I sent to land owner and he was gracious enough to put out fo us. Sure hoping I can put some points on the ground and on the board.

2. Stickit05

Stickit05 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Good luck....put some points up for us!

3. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there!

I'm heading out this evening to take my daughter on her first turkey hunt where she'll be the shooter. Tomorrow morning I'll be in the stand, this will be the first hunt on this property this year so hopefully it is holding some deer.

4. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    I passed on a doe this morning that I might regret later but the crops are still in and the way she was walking she would have probably bolted across the creek and into a very long drag back to the road. I know poor excuse. Good news is I found out I have stud buck on the property to get me out of bed on those chilly mornings.

5. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Out for a morning sit today. Nothing yet. Thinking I need to regroup and change strategy if this hunt doesn't pan out

6. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got a doe gentleman - 1507730_672143916233411_2386270022648635153_n (1).jpg 10659112_10205056405704893_8009585897373898844_o.jpg

let me know if I need to do anything else. I got the doe thursday, but have had no internet till now. I also shot a small buck yesterday... 8 pointer, have not had a chance to score him yet, been working like crazy, can probably get him scored thursday or friday i'll attach his pic as well. 10155036_10205077526072889_1192150292352894785_n.jpg

7. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sorry I was using a Hoyt Havoc XT, Carbon Express 'devils wrath' arrows, and carbon express torrid broadheads for the doe.... for the buck, i have no clue the broadhead, was some cheapy from walmart. did a dang good job tho!

8. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't seen a buck on the trail cam till AFTER I shot my 8 pointer, but a really nice one came through about 3 hours before I got in the stand. I am tagged out till after rifle season. gonna be out trying ot fill the turkey tags tho, hopefully he makes it through rifle season and I can get a shot, i left the card in the camera, but will upload a pic on the weekend if I can get out there!!

9. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    Great job! I believe we need 2 pics of the buck too. Then I think you just post the pics, with the date and time of kill, and score in the scores thread. Again, great job, and nice buck and doe!!!

10. Stickit05

Dislikes Received:
    Good job!! Way to go puttin up some points.

11. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! We are on the board!

12. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats. Both nice deer. But Im not seeing your bow in the pic with your doe. It clearly states you must have you your bow and the deer in 2 photos. So if you have any pics of her with your bow in it then go back to your score card post and edit in the new pics. If not you will not get credit for her. And Hopefully you have another shot of the buck. I posted up a reminder 2 pages back on this topic. I know what its like after the kill. Its easy to forget about the contest requirements, It takes a little time for me to clear my head and come down off cloud 9. But we gotta remember 2 pics with hunter, bow, and deer. Again congrats on both kills. Id like to hear some details about the hunt when you get around to it. Im jealous.

13. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    crud! i should have them, my wife took them with a different camera, hopefully they're not deleted already, I'll post them as soon as I can get them. my apologies

14. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yep, i was going to wait to put the buck pics up till I can score him. probably this weekend

15. tburgee

tburgee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fixed it. I have 2 angles on the buck with bow as well. Will post those to score board when I have time to score him... Probably rhursday or Friday. Hope that's alright. I can technically get one more of each... If I am so unbelievably lucky, how many can we enter?

16. grizzly1530

Dislikes Received:
    I believe it's your first of each, but I could be wrong. Again, congrats on filling the freezer and getting a great buck! I'm having a terrible season so far....

17. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can enter 2 deer. 2 bucks or a buck and a doe. Your first buck will count for antler score and the second one is 50 points max. Even if the second one is bigger It will only get 50 points. It would be a good idea if everyone reads the rules again. It will only take a minute, and it will save you from having to go redo your post. Im glad you have more pics bro. Im hunting some real solid private land this weekend and my expectations are high.

18. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I leave for Illinois this weekend. Wish me luck.

19. Stickit05

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't BACKSTRAPASSASIN on our team and in the contests? I thought I seen a thread in the bowhunting talk section on him getting a deer but haven't seen it on the scoreboard, could be wrong but just wondering.

20. Stickit05

Dislikes Received:
    And good luck this weekend guys should be a great weekend for everyone and stay safe. I'm going to try and get out but work might get in the way of that.