@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guy Rd Layout.jpg

Here is the main 40 I will be hunting this year. It will be our first year on the property so hopefully I can get some luck and have a couple bruisers on cam after i pull this wknd. This year I still have to clear a spot for camp and I plan on putting in a Plot-1 Food plot so I have a lot of work to do in September. The deer around this area are use to agro fields so im hoping they start using the plot this year. Its my first year and time managing property so hopefully I have a record rookie season!

I plan on doing most of my hunting during late October and early November. My father will be hunting gun season here in MI with me for the first time since I was 10 so it should be a good year no matter the outcome.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Do you have a topo of the property?

Just my comments on places to check out just based on the aerial. The Red start sure looks like a heck of a good rut funnel on paper.

[​IMG]

3. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only Topo I can get ahold of is the one on Google, and I personally can't tell much from it.

The red star is actually at a point where a N to S and NE to SW path meet. Just North of that star is a valley with some old clover and tall oaks.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah everything leads to that one point. But if it is a trail maybe they won't use it. Hard to know for sure. Any idea where any doe bedding is?

5. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Man.....You are so right about that

6. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guy Rd Topo.jpg

Using the red star as a reference, it almost seems like it may be an edge of a saddle?

I believe the Doe are bedding NE of the red star, closer to the 2 black stars and future food plot.

7. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a good trip Rocky!!

8. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That awesome man!!! I know you are probably scared/excited but we all gotta start somewhere...We will have to fail before we can succeed in most things we do for the first time...Luckily you will have some time to act on those mistakes and capitalize...Or you just might be the Man and everything works right the first time...:)

9. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you only have 1 access point off the main road or do you have permission to get to it from the other side??

10. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't met any of the Neighbors yet but plan to do so before the season starts here in October.

The only access right now is off the main road to the east. One of my only concerns for the property is access right now, the only way in is right down the middle. I am hoping I can talk with the neighbor to the west because there is an old timber trail that leads from his property to mine and that will allow me to sneak in without disturbing much.

11. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good Deal....I noticed that trail and was wondering. Having at least 2 access points would make a big difference with this parcel. It also gives great access to the black star that BJE80 put on the map that is just West of center and on the northern boundary line. Appears to be a ridge that comes to a point which I like. It also looks like there are drainage areas on each side of it which would be excellent travel corridors for does and fawns...The big boys will hopefully be running those ridges scent checking.....

12. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just realized our whole team is checked in :woot:

I will pick final team name this afternoon!

13. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    On the NW side of the property there are a lot of elevation changes with shelfs that i'm thinking the deer may bed on during the day. If I could enter the property on the West that Black star may be a killer spot.

14. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I just looked. I have 16 stand locations ready to go between my land and my lease. I also am going to check out a 320 acres of MFL land over labor day I may try and hunt during the rut. I'll try and post an aerial and see what you guys think for spots to check out.

15. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet looking property #6! The red star does look like a killer spot! Good luck to you

16. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0662.jpg
    My main property ill be hunting this year. I have access to about 300 acres, Im on one end of the woods and its about a mile long. I've gotten 1 god buck on camera but its more of a rut spot where they just appear out of thin air.

17. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing wrong with that Jake!! Gotta love those surprise visitors.

18. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the small picture but i got it off my iPhone. I did a card pull on another one of my other properties that i just got this year where i had two good bucks showing up once or twice a week but stray dogs have mover in and in two weeks I've only gotten about 30 pictures of random does. Im pretty pissed to say the least. I never like to just kill anything especially dogs but these are just mangey nasty looking pests that are running my deer off. What would you guys do haha I'm half tempted to go out there with the 22-250 and take care of business. Im going to say something to the farmer and I'm sure he will want the same thing done.

19. No.6Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is the 300 Acres all to yourself? If you can put multiple stands up, I would do it throughout that timber so you can keep the pressure down at each site.

20. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am very blessed to have around 20 or so different farms to hunt that vary from 50 acres to 1000 acres. The only problem is I don't have the time or the resources to cover it all and scout properly. I have my go to places that I am use to but just cannot seem to find the time to go to the others. Just got permission for a new multi track farm that is probably 300-400 acres. I know it is loaded with deer but unfortunately I cannot access until forrester is done re-planting. The best thing all my places is I don't pay a dime. With that being said some of them are probably not worth the time of day to mess with. I can't kill a big deer if he ain't there lol