@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good plan! Sometimes all it takes is a few neighbors practicing QDM and HUGE results can happen in a couple years. Four years ago I didn't have a deer over 120" using our farm. Poachers and trespassers ran the show and neighbors were working against each other.

4 years later, recruiting 2 of 3 neighbors to practice QDM and a lot of young bucks passed, I think our farm is starting to show just what proper management can yield.

Good luck on your upcoming hunts!

2. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys and Gals,

Haven't been able to keep up as of late. Between end of year deadlines at work and 3 young kiddos, I have not had much time for really anything. My season goes out next week so I still have a few sits planned. The 3 old bucks I shared in a post earlier this month or maybe in November are still showing up so hopefully one of them will slip up. In the meantime I hope each of you have a Merry CHRISTmas and get to enjoy time together with family and friends and of course knock a big boy down!!

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to all! I hope it's a blessed and abundant holiday for each of you and your families.

4. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out this evening after taking a couple week break. I have not seen a deer my last 4 sits. This is VERY unusual for the area that I hunt. I have pulled camera cards a couple times in the last few weeks and deer pics are scarce. I know the deer are around, but they seem to be avoiding the 30-40 acres that I hunt.

5. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well now that it is January 5th I can officially say my season is over. I tried to contribute some points by going out this last weekend but, The doe and Bucks are all nocturnal this time of year due to heavy gun hunting.

Thanks, to those of you that contributed points for the team! Maybe my second year will bring better luck!

6. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't given up yet...I'm either really stubborn or just or dumb. Temps in the teens here this week will finally get the deer moving during daylight. I don't have much hope of seeing a shooter buck, but I'll take another doe if I have the opportunity.

The season here in Ohio goes until Feb 1st and I will be out as much as I can these last few weeks. I have killed many deer the last week and even the last day of the season.

7. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a pretty uneventful season as far as buck sightings go, but I did manage to get another doe tonight. I will post it up on the scorecard tomorrow. I had my five year old son tag along and bloodtrail with me. It was a blast.

8. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well 17 th Place
    Awesome, sorry I couldn't contribute. Good luck next year folks getting to know each of you was a pleasure .
    Rocky

9. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I couldn't contribute either guys, I was out for bow quite a bit and never had the opportunity to take much other than some does I passed on later in the season. It was a fun rookie year for the contest and I plan on doing much more next season! Thanks All!!

10. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great time participating in the contest this year. Although I only contributed a doe I still had a good year despite the drastic decrease in deer sightings...I hope everyone has a chance to get out and enjoy creation this spring!! God Bless!