@@@@@@ Team 21 Thread @@@@@@

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by BJE80, Aug 18, 2014.

1. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Kansas opener is the 15th of September I believe. I probably won't get out to hunt until the 16th or 17th due to work. I've got a few good bucks patterned, but once the acorns fall around here they seem to disappear until late October. I've never been able to get on a shooter buck in the early season, and it sure would be nice for that luck to change! My time in the stand will be limited in September, but maybe I can make it happen! If not, the rut is usually awesome on our property and I'll be hopeful for something 150" or better.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So let's discuss names again. Any other ideas. I like "tall tines and good times" so far.

3. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Non-typical gets my vote

4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pope, young, and the Lung Busters gets my vote, or Crop and Drop.

What are the responsibilities of the "Captain"?

5. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Make sure everyone gets their kills entered correctly. Make final decisions on the team name. Be a contact person for Fitz. PM members to get them checked in and request any replacments if necessary. etc

Its easy and doesn't take that much time.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  6. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I'm cool with any name. Tall tines, good times has a nice ring I suppose. I'll add a vote for that.

Is everyone familiar with the two pics of yourself, your harvest, INCLUDING YOUR BOW in the picture for the score to count? You must also include date and time of harvest I believe. It's easy to do and there's no reason we should lose points for not following the rule. Take a selfie if you have to haha!

7. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on a computer for work all day so if no one steps up, and my work doesn't block bowhunting.com, I can play role of Captain.

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll vote for that!

9. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Any of the names are good for me and No.6 has my vote if BJE80 is not going to be captain.....

10. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am not seeing the menu options that you are talking about....Right now I am in tapatalk and I am viewing the Team 21 thread. The only options I have are in top right menu and they are share, web view and refresh.....There has got to be an easier way to access certain threads. I would think so anyways...

11. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill go with Pope, Young and the Lung Busters. As far as a captain i don't care who does it. Good idea for the selfie jeff haha.

12. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to try and do this with screen shots from my phone and maybe it'll help. Hopefully the images are clear enough for you to see.

Access tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Once you are in the app it should by default bring you into your "feed" noted at the top of the screen. This section is basically the current events section of any and all forums that you post on or visit through tapatalk. Typically it puts on the "trending" threads here for your viewing pleasure. At the bottom of this screen you should see some options to navigate. Select the one that says "forum".
    [​IMG]

After selecting the forementioned "forum" navigator you should have a list of the forums that you have a username and password for and have accessed through tapatalk. As noted in the picture for mine, I strictly use it for bh.com. However under the add forum option you can go ahead and frequent other forums as well. Go ahead and select the bh.com forum section and this action will essentially "log you in"
    [​IMG]

Once logged in it will default you to the last place you visited. In my case it's the "participated" thread. This is all threads I've ever posted on. Notice the three horizontal bars in the upper left hand corner. That's the pull down menu for the whole bh.com forum. Click those bars!!!
    [​IMG]

Once In the menu a screen like this should appear. You can do just about anything in here. I spend most of my time between the "unread" section to see what I've been missing and the "participated" section because it makes important topics easier to find then by searching the individual pages. Also, in regards to the participated menu, if an older item is posted on, it'll come to the top of your list so you are constantly up to date on what thread you've posted on or started is getting the most activity.
    [​IMG]

13. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    I kinda like that name as well too haha!

I'm also cool with whoever would like to take the role of captain.

So officially my stance as it regards our team is this....whoever WANTS to be captain, I'm good with. Seems like we may have a volunteer in the works, I like it!!! NO. 6 seems like a good fit for the job, thanks for stepping up!

Names, I like both tall tines, good times and pope, young, and the lung busters. So, I'm flexible, I'm easy going, I just think we should try to have the captain and name locked down by Friday/Saturday so we can move onto more important things like posting hitlist pictures, discussing strategies, and sharing wild game recipes!!!! :-)

14. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your efforts Jeff. I had already followed those steps but here is a screenshot of my menu options...

15. NC_Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nevermind!!!!!! I am a bonehead lol....I have not logged in this whole time lol....I see the tabs now...Please don't scold me lol...

16. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Haha no worries buddy! It took me about a week of doing the same thing as you until I figured it out. Glad you're up and running!

17. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like youve locked in the role as team captin NO. 6!

18. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How are you guys posting a quote that you reply to? I cant get that to work for me and im wondering what im doing wrong?? Ive tried it a bunch and its really pissing me off haha.

19. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On tapatalk? Just click on the body of the post you want to quote and then click quote.

[​IMG]

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is all yours No. 6. I would let Fitz know.

Now you can take the bull by the horns and get us to agree on a team name. :moose: