** Team 21 Offical thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Arkansas countryboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The last 2 days (Opening weekend) have been soaking wet. went both days and saw NOTHING.
    Better luck this week. going to cool down a lot.

2. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys still alive, Ill be out for the first time this weekend, not sure if ill get a shot since i pulled the short straw and will be filming for the first weekend, we'll see... Anyways, had another shooter show up on camera, this is hubble EK000145.jpg EK000146.jpg he first showed up last year, def nmber one on the hitlist at that particular property

Also got this guy Cdy00287.jpg He's from a different property, no name yet tho...

Anyone else got shooters on cams or seen on the hoof?

3. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it guys, it will happen.

Dave

4. IowaBowhunter5

IowaBowhunter5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I've been swamped with school and I will be for awhile. So, I'm sorry for being inactive. I have some decent 110+ bucks on cam, and one 160+ on cam. My card needs formatted so I can only view them on my viewer thingy. I'll get around to switching my avatar. Congrats on the doe Dave! I hope everybody has good luck, sadly the next time I'll be going out is probly two weeks from now. I'll try to keep posted as best as I can.

5. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out tonight. Keep you posted.

6. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a 4 day weekend coming up, one is a sunday so i'll be cooped up all day itching to hunt. But I should be able to get out saturday, monday, and tuesday. I'll keep you guys posted.

7. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm still here. Sorry I haven't been too active on the site up to this point. Now that October has arrived I plan to spend quite a bit more time in the woods. I've got two hunts scheduled for this weekend so with any luck I'll have at least a doe down by Monday?

8. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just checking in. I filmed 8 bucks the other night and 6 of them were sparring at one time. Pretty cool to watch, but I'm still waiting on something bigger. I also had four 1 1/2 year old bucks walk by, all within 25 yards, so that was a good night also. The does seem to come within range after camera light, so I'm hoping my luck changes there a bit also. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a good time out there, and good luck everyone.

9. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    CDY_0136.jpg
    Here's couple of those pictures I said I'd get out about two weeks ago... LOL

10. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    CDY_0021.jpg CDY_0069.jpg
    Okay well let's try this again

11. 00BigMattyC00

00BigMattyC00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No success this weekend other than a turkey I shot last night just before dark on my last day of the weekend. Buddy got a double lung shot on a big 9 pointer (135"-140") and we tracks for 3 hours into the night. Couldn't find it. Looked another hour the next day and found him 350yd away. Couldn't believe he went that far what a monster. I unfortunately didn't see any deer aside from a doe 100yd out so going back in 2 weeks probably hopefully I get something then. Good luck boys and shoot straight

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Busy Busy at work, not able to get many afternoon hunts in during the week like I did in years past. I will be hunting all weekend if the weather is good. Keep at it guys.

Dave

13. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't make it out today, went grouse hunting with some friends instead, one of my buddies and the owner of the local archery shop I help out at shot a nice 3 1/2 year old 8 point in the 100" range lat night though. Dressed out at around 160 lb. I'll definitley be out Monday and Tuesday though before I have to head back to school.

14. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 4 bucks tonight scouting, set up a new stand near a crab apple tree and 4 major trail crossings tonight. About 1/4 mile from where I shot my 8 point last year. I'll be hunting there in the AM, keep you posted.

15. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys hope all is well. I shot a doe this weekend but I got busy and forgot to take any pictures with the bow, but a lack of a photography didn't help. I will more than likely get another before the year is down. I will be headed to Kansas this weekend, hopefully something good will happen.

16. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    New stand worked awesome, saw 2 does. One big mature one came in about 7-8 yards and a yearling doe came in at less than 5 yards about an hour later. Be back out this afternoon!

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Cold front moved in last night. During the rain yesterday afternoon I did some scouting and found one heck of an acorn patch. Nice rub/scrape line running right through it. Decided to setup my 21 foot ladder stand 30 yards of the rub/scrape line, if wind is right I will hit that stand this evening. Keep at it boys.

Dave

18. Arkansas countryboy

Arkansas countryboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going to hit it hard this weekend. Couple of new bucks showed up on camera, nothing big. But i need my first bow deer, so they will work.

19. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Guys,
    A reminger from Fitz who is the moderator of the contest : Please remind your teams to include the date and time of their kills. I've been PMing those that have left it out, but it's getting tiresome. I update the scorecard on Friday mornings, from now on I'll leave out their score for that week if the info is missing.

So with your two pictures of your deer, you and bow please make sure you put the date and time the kill was made. This is part of the contest rules and by all rights Fitz could disqualify any entries that do not meet the requirement.

Thanks,
    Dave

20. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out in about 10 minutes. Went out this past weekend and had several shooters in the field. Well technically I only had one but my buddy had a hunt of a lifetime. At one point he had 5 shooters in the same field. Unfortunately it ddn't work out but at least that gives me hope. Good luck to all!