** Team 21 Offical thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Arkansas countryboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been around in awhile so I figured I'd check in. Not much good news to report however. Been hitting it hard these past couple weeks and had some really nice as well as close encounters. Early november was hot for sure with bucks chasing does everywhere. Two guys I hunt with were able to get two on the ground. One was an old deer with a huge body just above 140". the other was a really nice 3.5 yr old named Rocky that scored 146". You will seem him on an upcoming webisode of BHOD.

I however just havent had the right opportunity to put it all together. Had some 130"s in bow range that I could have taken but just wasnt what I was looking for. Def going to try and stick to my guns and wait for "Mr Right". Even if he's not out there this year.

On the plus side since Troy (my friend who shot Rocky) got his buck, now I will spend alot less time behind the camera and hopefully score some points for Nock and Roll. Keep at it boys! We are only a couple bucks away from taking this thing! And it sound like alot of us are real close to putting it all together!

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning, still nothing but small bucks. A fork buck came in off my left at first light then a spike buck came from same direction about 10 minutes later...................then a "herd" of turkey walked 5 feet in front of me. I counted 22 turkey.......that was cool to see.

Dave

3. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Last week of the year this up coming week, hopefully I'll be able to put something down.

4. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Went down this morning to the small farm around 10 am and relocated three of my stands. I am trying everything I know guys to get a buck on the ground. No bets on size, with the farmer getting in my case about putting deer down it may be a barely legal buck.

Dave

5. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Saw two does from the stand yesterday, one real nice 8 pointer in my neighbors lawn today, damn you sunday hunting laws!

6. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, push that nice 8 my way))). Plan is work a half day today, hunt this afternoon and take vacation to hunt the rest of the week. Gun season starts this Thursday, I really do not want to be in the woods with the orange army so I am hopeful that I will tag a buck by Thursday morning. Wish me luck !!!!

Dave

7. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday afternoon I sat a new stand, saw 3 doe and a small 6 point. The old man is up and heading out soon.

Dave

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    So I got in stand at 05:30, from 06:30 on work is calling me, finally at 08:15 I call work from my stand and of course it was something that could have waited until next Monday. Did not see a thing, at 08:45 another call from work and this time I tell them " if someone is not dead or bleeding to death, stop calling me". I think they got the point........and yes I can say that, I AM THE BOSS !!!!!

Was so frustrated I got down at 09:00 and came home for a late breakfest.

Dave

9. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I seem to be the only one posting..................I am up and will be in stand by 05:30. Still looking for that first buck.

Dave

10. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dave!

11. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted lately, and I still have to post my pics with the score in the contest thread yet. Busy, busy! He didn't score quite as much as what JZ has commented on a couple shows, but he is still big enough for me. Good luck to everyone still hitting it hard, and I'm still hitting the woods since I have a couple WI tags burning holes in my pockets!

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    So, lastnight I get 13 feet off the ground and my old knee gave out. When it popped it sounded like a small caliber rifle going off. Up this morning to hunt and my knee is really swollen. Guess I will have to finish my season off by hunting out of my ladder stands. Stinks getting old.

Dave

13. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear Dave, ladder stands will still do the trick though!

14. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hello peeps. sorry for not posting lately. the spot I am hunting must be really picked over. I have only seen does but they are about 60 yards out and I can not get them any closer. I also can not move any closer. Very limited. I have not given up. Looking at Sunday morning. wish me luck.

15. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Tag soup? Yep.. Disappointing season for me, rough trying to find new property to hunt, scout unfamiliar land, keep up with school work, and hunt :lol: Plan on making a few trips up to my hunting areas around school this summer to run trail cams and find some stand areas so I can get it done up here. Going home just to deer hunt wasn't working for me.

16. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody out there??? :lol:

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I am here, just been busy with work. Plan on trying to get out this weekend, I hope.

Dave

18. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

19. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here. Haven't been hunting in over a month with shotgun seasons (stupid Illinois law) and thanksgiving (visiting family). But I'll be back at it tomorrow. Hopefully all the stars will align once before jan 20th, good luck everyone!

20. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We got 4 weeks left of Hunting season. Some Big bucks are still hitting the dirt in the area but not in my Local woods area. I will try my best over the holiday season to make a Dirt nap happen. happy Holiday season to you all. and be safe.