** Team 21 Offical thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Arkansas countryboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hit it yesterday early but nothing came. Cold front moving in tonight so I got a feeling the morning should be good. hitting it all day Sunday. I rally want to be able to contribute.

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am up and heading out. Today is the last day of the ML hunt, maybe I will get lucky and the ML hunters will push a buck my way............maybe )))

Dave

3. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw that nice ten pointer last night on the drive in. Looks to be about 4.5, around 200 lb and I'd say he'd score somewhere around 120". Hopefully I can get on him tonight. Went out this AM and saw 4 does.

4. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ten more does this afternoon... No bucks, planning on trying up near school this week when I'm not waterfowling.

5. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Sat. morning I had 1 doe under my stand for 20 mins milling around, she bedded about 30 yards from me for over 1.5 hours. I was hopeful a buck would cruise by to check her out but alas no buck sightings. Around 9:30 she got up and fed on some acorns then headed towards the thick bedding area. Sat. evening I saw nothing in the swamp stand, no deer no rubs no scrapes...nothing. I found that strange since that stand is in a pinch point and every year there are scrapes/rubs all over.

Sunday morning I decided to sit the flatland stand as I call it. Even with the 15 mph wind and gust over 25 mph I still heard and saw deer. In stand at 5:45 and as soon as I was setup I see the form of a deer pass off my right. At 7:15 I had a spike buck come off my right but was real jittery with all the wind. At 8:30 I had a long tined 6 point pass behind me at 20 yards.

Usually by this time of year I catch sight of atleast 2 shooter bucks, thus far I have seen none. Not a lot of action as far as pre rut in the woods, I think the predictions that some guys are saying for around here are a week to a week and half early. We shall see what happens.

Dave

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a doe about 85+ at 8 am. shortly after her a buck looked like a 6 but could have been an 8 about 85+. I for got my BIONOCKs. sat til 11. got back in the stand at 2. @3 a doe 100+ then she left. she cam back about an hour later and kept looking behind her. watcher her for an hour and a half an nothing. left empty. good day but sad day.

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Call me, Old man!

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    We lost power for about 1.5 hours due to the storm. Looks like this afternoon may be a good one for a sit in the woods. Winds are around 7-10 mph with occassional gust to maybe 15-20. About 2 hours from now I will make the decision to go or stay home.

Glad those affected by the storm had no serious damage.

Dave

9. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear you came through the storm ok, good luck Dave!

10. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    That was a productive evening in the woods even with the light drizzle/rain. In stand at 3pm, at 3:20 I see a nice 8 point chocolate rack buck slowly working my way from the left. I watch him from 60 yards and guess him at upper 120's, just when he hits the 40 yard mark I need him to take about 5 more steps to clear a holy tree and a doe comes down off the hill right in front of me.

The doe kept looking back from were she came and the 8 point did not even see her. All of a sudden that spike buck I keep seeing comes screaming out of the thick brush behind her and starts dogging her. The 8 point see's this and goes after the spike and pushes him off her. I lose sight of the 8 point but can see the spike with his nose to the ground searching for a doe. Suddenly off my left at about 80 yards I catch the 8 point working his way to get down wind of me. He gets about 30 yards from my left and hangs up, then I see a doe pop up in front of him and he is off after her. The spike decides he would like to run her down too.

I watched for the next 20 minutes the doe, 8 point and spike run back and forth in front of me just out of range. Finally the 8 point turns on the spike and chases him out of there. He returns 3 minutes later and runs the doe out of sight. 10 minutes after that the spike comes in from behind me and stops 10 yards directly in front of me. He feeds on acorns for a few minutes then wonders off. 30minutes later I have two doe come in off my right side in front of me and feed for a few minutes then they wander off.

Literally about a minute after I lose sight of the two doe and 9 point buck comes strolling down the trail, I grunt once he stops, darn no shot. He then takes off running up the hill and when he gets about 30 yards up the hill I see the two doe running. Close to tagging a buck tonight guys.................finally seeing some good bucks and they are starting to cruise.

Dave

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! I have never seen action like that ..... ever.....I gotta move....

12. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It sucks when work gets in the way. I had a doe this morning and watched her for about 45 min. then she cleared the field and I did to in order to make it to work on time.

13. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Well Come on Dean! Justin already broke the news and a picture, show your team those points you got us yesterday!

For those of you who havent heard yet Mr Krueger shot himself a dandy halloween buck! Lets see the pics!

14. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree... Let's see them pic's :-)

Jassen

15. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Which team member shot a nice buck?))) I am old and get confused.

Dave

16. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    didn't see anything this morning. work all night. may be tomorrow.

17. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Dean Shot A nice buck (antler addict), try and keep up ol'man

18. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    It is hard to keep up when you get my age. Speaking of which end of the arrow goes to the string on the bow? I seem to remember something about the pointy end but can not recall.

Dave

19. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Tonight Mrs. SouthernMDArcher tells me after dinner "let's take a ride". We hop in the truck and head towards town and when we get to a certain road she says "turn here". Well I ended up at my local pro shop, walk in and she says " I know work is hectic and you are not getting the time to hunt that you want, I decided to get you an early Christmas/pick your spirits up present.

Pro shop guy hands me a brand new Bear Method bow, Nap Apache carbon rest. Then she hands me a reciept for a Trophy Ridge react sight that she ordered me. I am so lucky to have this women in my life..............and oh yeah.....the new bow and accessories are not half bad either.

Dave

20. 00BigMattyC00

00BigMattyC00 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being from Long Island NY obviously I had to cancel my trip up last weekend and this coming weekend to hunt in order to stay home and help out with some cleanup and restorations getting started by my brothers contracting company. Sorry I'm useless at the moment but I will be hunting with my bow during rifle season as an added challenge and hopefully so I can throw at least a doe on the list to help. Good Luck Out There!!!!