Team #20

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by MUDSHARK, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great Job on the Yote jwebb

I like seeing them DEAD!!!!!!!!

Now back to the Bucks and Does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    I see we are 274 Points behind now!

are we just waiting til the rut or what?

3. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the buck I’m going after at our northern property over the weekend. He never came in close enough. I'll be taking some time off and hitting it hard at the end of October. Good luck guys!!

4. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I head to Kansas tomorrow :deer:

5. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pat I hope Kansas treats you well!

Its been almost two weeks sense I have been in a tree. School decided to crank up a lot. This weekend I plan on being in the tree every morning and evening and with the colder weather we have been having I am hoping things will be looking good!

6. jarodkallal

jarodkallal Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have been seeing some deer but no shooters yet. and its like the does know where im at they are always out of range.haha. but one of these days one will slip up and get the muzzy.

7. cavicity2

cavicity2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had some rough hunting so far this year. Seeing deer every time out, but always out of range and just smaller bucks. I had a good encounter with a shooter last week, but the wind kept him on the edge of the thicket until dark. Sat in the rain for the last couple hours on Saturday night. It poured all weekend so that was all I could get in.

Last weekend of October will be my next chance to hunt. I trimmed out a dynamite rut stand and have some other great spots, so I'm still confident to tag out. I just wished I hadn't passed those does on opening day! I like to get the does in the freezer before the rut.

8. jarodkallal

Dislikes Received:
    doe down for team 20! its little but will be great eating.
    SANY0858.jpg

9. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    Good work Jarod! another 50 points for the team and meat in your freezer, congrats!

finally this weekend I saw some deer with head gear out and about during shooting light, I hunt close to town so the bucks stay pretty nocturnal until the weather cools off. I am pretty excited for some pre rut activity for sure!

10. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Great job jarod

great shot i see.
    Meat / back straps
    50 points for the good guys

11. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Sat i passed up about a 80 inch 7 point, i came to full draw on him and thought about it for a second. but i let him walk thou. Good thing i let the little one pass, because i saw the buck i want to kill a few minutes later. The 7 pt soon disappeared into some brush and i heard what i thought was horns ratteling. A few moments later 2 does came out of this brush and feed on acorns. Then the same 7 pt gave a half hearted chase at the doe. They ran off and the 7 pt stopped and looked back from where he had came, as i thought to my self, why did he stop and looked back. I realized why when Mr. BIG stepped out. The 7 pt and the 8 pt squared off and tangled for a little while. Mr. BIG pushed the 7pt off and the 8 pt started to tack out some aggression on a small tree. He walked another 5 / 7 yards and took out some more aggression on another tree. I grunteed at him at the 2nd tree, but he stopped and looked and then kept attacking the tree. He walked off the same direction that the 7 pt dissappeared to.

I HAVE A GOAL KILL MR BIG
    till next time.................................

12. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff guys. I haf a tough weekend I Kansas weather was terrible but it gives me an excuse to go back in November.

13. cavicity2

cavicity2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good to see some points getting on the board.

I won't be back on this site until I knock down a deer. I can't take all the advertisements anymore. Once upon a time this site was all about distributing archery information, but now it is Matthews, Tinks, HSS etc. being shoved down my throat with every other pixel. I know it is a business, but don't give me pop-ups to close in order to get to the forum...

14. jwebbmentor

jwebbmentor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm headed to Colorado to chase Bull Elk till the 30th then it's back to throwing some arrows! Hopefully we have some luck this year out there. My girlfriend drew a muley tag and we will also have a Cow Elk tag. I'll post some pics if we have lady luck on our side. p.s I will be putting some points up! I will not put my new bow up for the season till it claims atleast one deer!

15. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Lets all kill more deer

16. jarodkallal

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, and mud shark im with you we need to kill some! its been pretty tough for me so far but im hoping with the rut right around the corner its going to get a lot better.

17. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    the past 2 days i have taken my son out to the woods. Its youth Doe Season, (Rifle) it rain the first afternoon and tonight we didn't have a chance to shot anything. It was great to be in the woods with my Son. i took my Bow but i didn't even nock an arrow either night. It was all about him. what it would be to be 12 again.

Sat is youth Doe Season also so tomorrow is out also.

18. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    i gotta brag a little here.

My daughter had a Cross Country Race on Sat the 20th is was a regional race so there was 12 schools i think.

She made First team all REGION. she finished the 3.1 miles in 20.56 and finished 5th over all. All this as a FRESHMAN!!!!!!!!!! This was her personal BEST time. The Team came in 2nd.

Congrats, Dad Loves Ya

19. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to your daughter shark.. That is awesome work for a freshmen.

No hunting for me this weekend unfortunately. I don't know how I am liking this every other weekend stuff with work.. Good news for me though because the corn field across the street from my hunting property was getting harvested over the weekend. A lot of deer use that field and the number of deer using my property increases tremendously! I have been hearing something about a cold front moving in late this week? I am pretty jacked for some pre rut activity!! how has everyone else been fairing lately?

20. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out Tues evening for sure / not sure if I'l be out Wed Morn, i have to drive 2.5 hrs for a promotion interview (1 Hr) then drive back home 2.5 hrs. I interview at 245 pm. i could be out for a couple hours. then there is what if i shoot something / need time to track it and take care of it also to get ready / suit and tie. Then i'm off for 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!25th til nov 5

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012