Team #20 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sooner, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go get 'em, Adam!!

I may make another run at 'em next week myself... run my trapline in the mornings, and bowhunt in the evenings. :)

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Adam! I went out this evening with the recurve braving the ice. I didnt see anything but The sign is all over in the snow. The last time I hunted here was in the morning and almost got a crack at a Couple Does but just out of range. I left my climber so it will be waiting in the morning. Looking for that first kill with the recurve!

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for helping the time go by while on stand via text crick.:tu:
    130woodsman (Dan) almost had me in tears of laughter. He texted me BOONER behind you and I replied Its probably willand *dukemichaels* scaring the deer. He texted back
    I said booner not boner. Great stuff!

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    No problem Peak, tony it was fun. I ended up getting called in for double money and didnt get to go. But im off for 8 days starting wed. Ill be out then!

5. Greg / MO

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna be out a bunch for the next couple weeks too... tonight was the second night in a row.

I'd like to put at least one more in the freezer so I could ration my elk meat a little better and save it for the grilling season this spring! :)

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas Team 20...I wish you all the best as we close this year. Moreover, may your 2011 be filled with the best!

7. Sooner

Sooner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to you too Mr. Will. Have you started planning a 2011 elk hunt yet? :D

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No, not yet Sooner. I really need to examine the Fall a little more. I hope to be hunting water buffalo in Australia with KodiakArcher. We're considering the first two weeks of September. If the hunt happens (at this point it's about 95% a go), I'll be a weekend warrior for the elk season here. I'll gladly setup camp for anyone willing to come. I just won't be there during the week.

9. Greg / MO

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Will.

10. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, hope everyone had a great Christmas! Well I have had some close calls with the recurve. I have had Doe's at 30 yards several times and this morning it almost happened. I had a Doe and two button bucks comming in and was gonna pass right under me. I was gonna have a 1/4 away shot as soon as they passed. My heart was pounding and as they got to 20, a 2.5 yo 8 point steps into the picture. They got nervous and changed directions. I then seen 3 more behind me at about 100 yards. The Doe and BB fawns have made the mistake of taking the same trail(30 yards away) several times in the evening. I have been in my hang on (one of my favorite stands) and theres not much in tree pics for a climber to move, BUT i got down this morning and found a sycamore that I will have to trim to get in on the way up, but it puts me within 15 yards of the trail in the snow there using. Im getting ready to go out right now. Wish me luck!!

11. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    :( What an evening, I set up per the above post. 45 min before dark a Fawn snuck up on me even in the snow, seen me move and ran off. 30 minutes before dark I look left and cant believe it, Its a Buck that looks to go around 130. He was wide and had Mass. Then here came the three just as planed, One of the button bucks led with mom in the middle and the other BB in the rear. Just as The first BB entered the shooting lane Moma decided she wanted the lead and took off trotting through the lane with me at full draw. I did a maah as I have so many times before and she launched like a rocket :( My first shot with a recurve didnt go down. The two BB (one pretty big) stayed at 12 yards. I thought about it but just cant shoot a BB,,,Thats future seed. Ill try again in the morning :sad:

12. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Come on Crick! Get it done big fella! Oh wait that means you will get possible points against my team! Dont do it crick! Just kidding go get it done! I want to get a recurve bad! I saw another buck out at my spot when I drove by that would probably out score my buck! He will be bigger next year!

13. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    No worrys big fella, I already have a Doe in the points standing, a 50 pointer :tu: Im just out having late season fun, and trying to fulfill a 33 year later itch!

14. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    I MISSED THIS MORNING :violin: I was dressed like the kid on Christmas story, had three Does come directly under me, they finally was leaving and I stopped a BIG Doe @ 12 yards 1/4 away. I shot and the arrow wipped wildly side to side, caught my sleeve :mad: It actually grazed the top of her back and believe it or not, didnt really spook them. She almost gave me a second shot before just browsing off. I took practice shot before getting down and it found its mark and flew straight as an arrrow :tu: No room for error with a recurve. Ill try again in the morn,,,taking a break this eve.

15. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck Crick!

16. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Almost again this eve. I had three Does comming in just where I thought they would in another spot. I was readying for the shot, it was gonna be an 8 yarder then :mad: An ugly spike came chasing them and botched it up. One Doe was under me (directly) but got nervous and went other way. The spike hung around so I practiced drew on him three times. I have 2 more hunts left Sunday and then its over!

17. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I haven't been on in a while and I haven't been out in a while. I hope to get out with the ole browning a few more times this season, hopefully i'll have better luck after giving my deer a rest. Season runs till superbowl sunday I think.

18. Sooner

Sooner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Jake :tu:

19. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. Sooner

Sooner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The fat lady has sung ... 4th out of 20 aint bad. It was fun boys. :D