Team 20- Buck Dynasty Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I stayed on it Saturday guys... was finally given a glimmer of hope, with 10 deer making daytime appearances. Most were does and fawns, but I did see my little forker and 7 pointer putting some light pressure on the ladies ;) I took today off, due to a nasty weather front.... which didn't actually arrive until near dusk. Just my luck! It was quite a doozie, though... 70 MPH winds and 2 twisters in the area. Oh well... God willing, I'll be back after it next weekend!

2. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys a braved the wind yesterday afternoon. I saw two small bucks mixing it up. Plus had 5 bucks including 3 shooters dogging a doe they came by me 2 times and I could not get them to stop. I was hunting a stand that I normally dont like hunting cause the platform is so small. I was able to get Thursday afternoon off from work so I will be back out Thursday evening and Friday till 3:00 wife has a function for work so I have to get the kids from daycare. Then all day Saturday. Hoping to put something on the ground this weekend for the team.

Josh and I talked alot this weekend and this has to be one of the weirdest years we can remember for deer movement. Good Luck everyone!

3. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Great episode! Nice shot thru that tiny window. Can't wait to see your buck hunt!

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    My Daughter scores this morning,,,this is one proud papa :) She turned down a small 8 and got rewarded with this !![​IMG]

5. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Holy cow!!! Proud papa, indeed!! Congrats to her, Dan!! And to you, for raising her right! :rock:

I have a local buddy who dropped a real nice 10 pointer this morning... said he was cruising hard at 10am. Now is the time fellas!! Unfortunately, I'm locked down at work until the weekend.. but you better believe I will be living in a tree for 48 hours! :evilgrin:

Good luck to everyone who's getting out!

6. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Hers was a little after 9:00 and was cruising to! Goid luck fellas

7. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guys sorry that I haven't checked in for a few days. Things have been a bit crazy around here. Phone crapped out on me so had to get a new one then had to put $1200 into my vehicle only to get it back and now not have any heat. Temps are cold and no heat sucks. Also had to take my bow in for some work which I will be picking up from the shop in the morning. Will be good to have it back. So with everything going on things are finally looking up. Purchased myself a new iPhone 5S which I am really liking and today made an offer on a used truck which the seller accepted. So will be at the bank tomorrow signing loan papers and picking up the truck Thursday morning. Great to see everyone out hunting still. I am hoping to be back in a tree next Monday. Kristine's birthday is Thursday and every year this coming weekend we go to downtown Chicago to see the parade and the lighting of all the Christmas lights along Michigan Ave. Always a great weekend! Hope the truck fits in a parking garage! LOL I will post up pictures of the new ride Thursday after I get an appropriate Bowhunting.com sticker on it!

8. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Yikes! That's a tough run of luck, Ferg.. glad to hear it's all coming back together for you!

I just watched the weekend forecast and it looks like snow and sub-freezing temps are coming my way. I'm pretty stoked about that :rock:

9. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Took today off to try and make something happen. Weather doesn't look very good tomorrow so thought I'd give it a go today. I'm in the junk car stand. Good Luck everyone that gets out this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    BBD

11. Darin

Darin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes!!!!!! Good luck on recovery dude!! ;)))

12. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

13. Darin

Darin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thata boy!!!!!!! Congrats!!

14. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    CMTRAV, you stud you, BIG BIG CONGRATS, you earned it, you hunted hard! Beautiful Buck bud and congrats !!!!! Love it!

15. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

16. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys for all the support
    He is not my biggest but I am happy I have hunted hard this year and this buck was very gratifying. He will score between 115-120. I rough scored him tonight at 117 6/8 but will actually real score him tomorrow.
    I have really enjoyed this team and can't wait to see how we finish the year out.

[​IMG]

17. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again brotha!! And I agree.. we have a hell of a team! :rock: Hopefully, I can add to the total this weekend and we can make a serious run at the crown!! I haven't been following the individual scores much, due to a seriously hectic work/life schedule.. anyone have a guestimate on where we currently stand?

18. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck buddy!!! I wasn't able to pick up my bow yet but I am headed to the shop tomorrow morning. I was able to pick up my new truck though! Well new to me but used. Eitherway I am loving it! So much nicer and bigger then my old Blazer! Can't wait to get back out in the woods next week! Keep it up everyone we are doing great!

Attached Files:

19. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet looking ride enjoy!

20. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Dam he is wide! Currently were are in 5th but should change when you enter yours. First page of score card has a leader graph!