Team 20 - Boneheads

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Sticknstringarchery, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Someone had to start it right?

Lest do this guys!!

Heres the team:

Buckaddict
    FloridaBowhunter
    englum_06
    rpalt1
    Vectrix27
    huntalot
    Teejay
    rednas5
    WakeCow
    sticknstringarchery (stick)
    TJF
    Slimmer2425

I changed the title and it doesn't seem to be working.

"BONEHEADS"

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, thought I would tell you all a little about me. My name is Doug Walker, I am new to hunting. This being my second season. I harvested 2 deer last season with rifles. Since closing day I have been a scouting fool on the 30 deer heavy acres I own. I have been a member of the forum since May I believe it was when I joined. Since closing day I have not stopped shooting, tracking and learning all I can about hunting. We don't have huge bucks here but, I have a 125"+ on my radar. If everything goes right Sept. 10th between 7:00am and 10:00am I will put 50 on the board with one of the does that walk by one of my stands every day. lol Good luck to us all and remember to KILL!!!

3. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What up Team 20. Hope to have a pretty active team this year with tons of talk going on. This is my 3rd year doing the contest and have always enjoyed meeting new bowhunters. My name is Mark, 31, and I live in NW Mo and have over 3500 acres to hunt on this year. My farm consists of only 100 acres but I have access to about 3000 acres through another hunting buddies good fortune of marrying into some nice hunting ground. Be sure to post some pics of your hopeful trophies this fall and if you have a team name idea feel free to share. Happy hunting guys.

4. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys. My name is Joe Hartley,29, and I live alabama. We dont have the giants running around here like some places but we definitely have a lot of deer. I dont have any private land to hunt, but I do hunt a military reservation that is run by a biologist that is all about quality deer management. So, I should get a look at some good bucks this year. Hopefully I can get an arrow in one or two. Our deer rut in January here so yall bare with me....it might take awhile to get it done. Also, I am going to hunt Illinois at Rend Lake for about 8 days, the first week of November so if yall got any tips on that place, that would be great. Good luck to all of you and keep us posted on the action. Shoot straight!

5. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    So far looks like we are all pretty close in age. I forgot to put that on mine. I am 32 a father of 2 boys. One is my step son I will be adopting soon. Other is my son from another relationship. My son just turned 2 Aug, 8th. Step son will turn 2 Halloween. I am also a full time student. I decided to go full time when I was laid off Dec 27th last year. I think we will all have a good season.

6. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What's goin on guys? My name is Patrick, I'm 23, and from Paris, IL. I started bowhunting 3 years ago. I harvested a 180" 11pt last year as well as a big doe. I had many other shot opportunities at does and small bucks that I pass on pretty much every hunt. I also blew a shot on another 140+ buck.

My target buck for the year is known as Mr. Clean, he's a monster "clean" 5x5.

Here he is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  7. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up Patrick. Thats a great buck right there. Never seen anything like that down here in the south. What do you think he'll score. Hope you get him. Good luck to ya.

8. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I figured up all my measurements, and I think he's got a chance to hit 180, probably more likely mid 170's. He's a booner!

9. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ummm Doug... I and slimer2425 want to play too !! :poke: :evilgrin: You missed a couple in your paste.

Team 20
    Buckaddict
    FloridaBowhunter
    englum_06
    rpalt1
    Vectrix27
    huntalot
    Teejay
    rednas5
    WakeCow
    sticknstringarchery (stick)
    TJF
    slimer2425

10. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Team 20 " Boneheads "

It does look like we have a very good team !!

names Tim. 48 and not getting any younger nor better looking. :cry: Still got a few hunts left in me though. I am from North Dakota. Scouting hasn't been great this summer. I know where there are a few 140's lurking. I am hoping for better. Our bow season starts this Friday at noon. I probably will have to work but hoping to have the weekend off for some hunting.

Pat... Mr. Clean is a great, great buck. Hope you get him this year.

Mark... Good luck in Mo. Sounds like you have a good chunk of land to hunt.

Doug... Best of luck on your second season. Hoping we get to be a part of you first bow kill.

Joe good luck in Bama and Illinos. When do you start bow hunting in Alabama??

I see we have TeeJay on the team. I personally know that orney fart. He takes his hunting serious.

Glad to see Nate ( wakecow ) is also on the team.

Tim

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  11. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Patrick, great buck. I have one very similar but not quite as big. We call him Buster and we had him last year on camera. Here are a few pics of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think our team is off to a great start.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  12. huntalot

huntalot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hi everyone, my name is Ryan Helmer i'm 34 hunt wisconsin. here is a buck hoping to get a better look at might be a shooter.the other 2 are up and comers. i hunt 9 acres of private. hope to get on some new land this year.( mom sold the farm this spring:mad:)

Attached Files:

13. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Ryan, looks like he's a shooter to me. That body on the first pic looks huge.

14. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    TJF and Slimmer2425, sory about that. I swear I thought I had it copied right. Guess the excitement got to me a litle. lol Its fixed now.

15. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I don't have bucks like that running around here. I am in NC. Here is what I have though and it seems to impress people around here. I would like to let him walk but, I know once rifle season is in he may not make it through the season if I don't hunt him hard and take him before anyone else does. Here he is:

Meet Guss:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  16. vectrix27

Dislikes Received:
    TJF, Bow season in alabama doesnt start until October 15.

17. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's strange that you would pursue "Mr. Clean" since I heard he was going completly nocturnal the night before opener. That's just what I've heard.

18. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  19. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, my post are going to be scarse from now until I arrow my first deer. Post number 1,000 will be a picture of my first arrowed deer buck or doe, it wont matter. After this one it will be 8 more to post until then. So lets all have a good season and a great opening day. Oh and we need a name. This Team 20 is gettng old already. Any suggestions??

20. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Teejay checking in. Little timmy is correct I do hunt hard. Especially after Halloween. I'm 41 live in central mn I hunt the big woods here and maybe a late season nd hunt. Been on a bit of a slump. Havnt let the air put of a buck since '07. But I'm due.