** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice story and sweet looking nice truck, Chiro!! I wanna give your grandma a hug after reading that!:hail: I'm a freaking oompa loompa, so you guys will kick my butt in basketball. As for me, I've been shooting like crazy and getting the bow fine tuned. Put in a tubeless peep the other day, which is a nice change from the tube that broke every five minutes in the woods. Opening day is only a week or so away and I'm going crazy with anticipation.

2. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Chiro - love stories like that! Now make G-ma happy and get us some pics of a deer in the back:)

I feel like the team is building momentum...Sean - Good luck on Monday!

Stay Safe everyone!

3. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, and of course ladies. Nice with the switch to tubeless peep kilo, I did that at the beginning of summer for the same reason, my tube kept snapping or rotting and I was done with it. If these boys stay in the routine they are in right now, it may turn out to be an incredible opening week, had a tree fall down a week ago right in the middle of the clearing I made with 5 trails all crossing at this point, so I am hoping I get a good camera pull here in 2 weeks to prep for the day after opening day!

4. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey BowChik...can you edit the orginal post for the thread and change our team name :)

6. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Naw, I think Kilo has to since he started the thread. If not I'm sure we could PM Fitz to fix it up for us.

7. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tried to change the name but no dice. I'll have to PM Fitz to see if he can do anything.

Hey, OldKY. Must be nice to have to "choose" which deer you want. Very jealous.

8. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    How is everybody's weekend shaping up? Its a perfect 70 degrees here, beautiful outside. Anybody out in the woods with any luck yet?

9. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just got back today went up to the coal com they show me where i could ELK hunt this years i got lucky and got drew a cow ELK bow hunt this years sure would like to get to deer hunt there they have had deer hunt stop now for this make 6 years now and they are some big buck up there ,

10. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Kentucky does buck & a doe? and i hunt Ohio does and i hunt it to .

11. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When you guys get a chance, check out the thread about "Possible Rule Amendments". There's some craziness going on and I made it clear that my personal opinion is to leave the current rules as is since we already started the contest and bucks have been submitted for points. If any of you have other feelings, please let me know because Team Captains will be voting on these amendments. Thanks. :tu:

12. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can go both way but i,m like you leave it like it is already started the contest

13. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im same as oldky. Leave it this year n vote later for next year.

14. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like we're on the same page. When it comes time, I'll vote that way for our team. As for the thread name, is there anything in particular you guys want before I e-mail Fitz? If some of you didn't know, you can 'subscribe' to a thread and can then access it immediately from your 'quick link' tabs. Let me know. Only five days until opening day. I can taste the venison sausages...:sheep:

15. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning for the first time. Our season opened up on Friday here in MD but I had something else come up last minute and couldn't make it. Anyways, it was 55 degrees at 5:15 this morning and it felt good walking in with a little chill in the air. At about 7:45, I had two small 4 points come in to about 45 yards heading towards me, but the wind shifted while they were still away and they could tell something wasn't right. They didn't take off, just kinda turned around and went on their merry way. Little did they know I had no intentions of shooting them but oh well. An hour later, I had 6-7 does come by on one of the trails near my stand, but with the thickness of the branches and leaves, I couldn't get a good shot on them. That was it for the morning, but seeing 9 deer is better than none at all! Felt good to be out and hopefully next time, I'll have a better story. Hope everyone is safe out there (if your season has already started) and let's try and keep the momentum going with the thread.

Sean

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

16. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Sean! Totally jeaous, I can't wait to get in the stand in 3 weeks!! Hopefully it will stay with this cooler weather around here like we had over the weekend!!

17. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    fall was definitely in the air this weekend...cool nights, football is going full force...Good Luck to those already out - who wants to put us on the board first?

18. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Man I had a hot cup of cider out on the porch last night after the game was on, cool night breeze, just couldnt beat it! Thats a good ? BZ who do you think will strike first for our team?! I am super pumped for all you guys already out in the timber, I am getting my last minute stuff prepped, prolly going to get my climber out this weekend just to get it cleaned up a bit from winter, attach some extra straps to it I bought from third hand archery, love these things, they lock it in like a rock, and I am getting some camo tape to halp wrap it and dampen the metal noise to it a bit. I have been driving my fiance nuts (she has been studying for a her boards exams so me talking hunting just isn't fair in her eyes lol) but I told her I would make up for it eventually haha.

19. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I can't STAND not getting to hunt and I'm so jealous! Going this weekend to the last 3D bow shoot of the season for me. 2 (20) target courses and a 10 target coon night shoot. Never done that one before so kinda excited to get out there and have some fun and try and forget that we still have 3 weeks before season opens.

20. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    saw two 8 and one 9 point

Went out with my spotting scope this even and saw two 8 and the 9 that run here and 4 does was not hunting just plan a ambush point sit and watch where they are come out of the woods and this buck are come out in the same place two buck were last season , going have build a ground no tree to get in if i wont to take the 9 point don,t know if i wont him yet i know there a 11 point here , hard to d side. here the 9 point i saw this even, View attachment 20624