** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    buddy of mine used to shoot feathers, i'd stick with what you like. i have a pretty old set up. same style of broadheads i've used for years (shuttle T). still 4in vanes, prob gonna make the switch next year, but i dont venture too far from my comfort zone when it comes to the latest and greatest. as far as you seeing your arrows i just think you are shooting enough where things are "slowing" down for you. and i think that is a good thing. from the deer i have harvested in the past i can see the arrow and where it hits, kinda in slow motion. keep at it! i pull anywhere from 70 to 70+ but not sure that it makes much of a diff. i'd keep what you are doing

2. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this year Isaiah!

3. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input, guys. My grouping is pretty darn tight up to 35 yards and a little bit wider at 35+ yards. The reason for changing from four inch feathers to the quickfletch is because I'm getting really tired of the feathers being damaged when I pass through targets. This happens when I shoot at haybale targets at local parks. I don't have this problem the majority of the time when I shoot my 3D target. However, the 3D is starting to wear and every now and then I pass through up to the feathers. No matter how I pull the arrow (through the target or pulling it back out), the feathers get damaged. Usually, I have a few arrows that are touching and they take decent chunks out of the feathers. I just don't feel like taking it to my pro shop and spending a ton of money to have them fletched again. I dunno what I'm gonna do.

4. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just for an update, I let Fitz know that there are still four no-shows. I did PM all of them and advised that they had until the 7th or I'd replace them.

Jenna, have you been back out to get that doe again?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  5. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Way to stay on top of that Kilo. Hopefully we will get some replacements, otherwise we'll be the dirty dozen minus 4. Our season starts Friday. Wish I had more updates for everyone but I've just been waiting anxiously until then!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guess what this guy just got? Got a new Go Pro(1st ed) with a bike mount to attach to my bow, so hopefully I can get a little vid from my hunt and post it up for you guys, I was pumped about the purchase price too it was only $129! Couldn't resist! Anybody else going to try and get any video from their hunts?

7. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had a busy weekend moving and hanging stands and cutting the last of the roads and shooting lanes. Finally finished my 27 foot lock on! And yes it is a LONG a## way from the ground! Ha But sweet brother got me a lifeline and sweet hubby put it on the tree for me and I climbed my happy tail slowly in it for the first time so I am set for 26 days to come and go!

Oh and the taxidermy shop called and my buck is ready FINALLY!!!! Can't wait to see how he turned out.

8. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Chiro we are going to try and do some video this year if everything works out. Will see how it goes! Best of luck to you!

9. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, sorry i'm late been busy getting packed for my Wyoming elk hunt. My name is Alex, I'm from Michigan and hunt a farm in Ohio

10. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in, Hi all my name is Paul Checking in i.m a Kentucky boy.my first time doing this hope i do good i only hunt with a bow no gun don,t have any thing to say about gun hunting just ant my pot of tea and Bowtech bow all the way .our season started Sept 1 but its just to hot will wait for cool down ,

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  11. RKCman

RKCman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    checkin in for Team 2

I am in guys - first year in the forum and contest but a longtime bow hunter and i actually have a new bow for the first time since 1998 ! I hunt in central and northern WI but started my hunting season the wrong way ! Got a deer last night with the front end of my truck!! OUCH ! Hope that is not the only way i get a deer this year . Good luck to all.

12. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fantastic. We're all checked in!

Chiro, I'm very jealous. Can't wait to see some awesome self-filmed footage of your hunts! :tu:

13. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Just saw that we are all checked in, welcome aboard everybody! And thank you bowchik, good luck to you as well!!!!

14. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to see everyone check in! Remember guys - don't be strangers...check in weekly if possible if just to let us know when you might get out next - nice to know what everyone is doing and that we still have all members trying to help the team.

Does everyone hunt in an area that allows a buck & a doe? Or anyone hunt just a one tag area?

Bow tags here in IL come as a combo either sex & antlerless only combo tag...

15. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin allows both. I got three tags for this season.

16. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on private land, and we are going into a land management program where they are telling us what to take. Last year was the first year and they told us to take 6 or 9 doe and 2 or 4 bucks can't remember. Only people that hunt this is my husband and I, my brother and nephew. We do take our boys but they don't go much. Last year I spent the most time in the woods out of everyone so plan on getting a buck and 2 doe if not more for the freezer.

17. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    So I couldn't NOT share this with you guys today. My grandmother about gave me a heart attack when I got a hold of her bc I had adjusted my grandfathers lower back yesterday and the office called me saying she had called them looking for me and said it was an emergency (I was in the shower when she called). So I called her back and she told me to meet her at her house and to come quick, so naturally I am freaking out because she wasn't giving me much to go off of.

Well, I get there and she is standing in the kitchen smiling when I basically bust through the door. I ask her where grandpa was and she said "Oh he is fine we are gonna go meet up with him right now". At this point I am utterly confused but go along with it and follow her directions to where we're going. It led me to a car dealership...and this is where I literally about lost it:jaw:. We get out and spent the next 4 hours looking through trucks and test driving, and at the end of the trip this is the beast I walked away with..... 2012-09-06_16-40-27_787.jpg
    Now a bit of history, I have had the same car since HS n have been needing to get a new vehicle (especially one I fit in better being 6'6 250, my now old car was a 2003 rebuilt totaled ford taurus) and she had been promising me since I was 6 years old that she would buy me a car if she ever sold her farm that she inherited from my great grandparents n I just went along with it bc I would never actually hold her to that bc that is a huge gift. Well I was blessed with having one of the most amazing women as a grandmother folks. I literally stopped her in the middle of the dealership and bent down and gave her probably the biggest hug ever and was damn near in tears .

This is more than I could have asked for EVER and just wanted to share. She told me I better bring a big deer in the back of it this season too, so how could I not share with the group? Sorry this was so long of a post but I just had to share, hope you guys are having a great week and are setup for an amazing weekend!!!!:rock:

18. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking truck and sounds like you owe her a deer!

I'm 6'5, maybe if we don't win the hunting contest, we can challenge everyone to basketball?

On a side note, our season opens tomorrow and I had all plans of meeting up at my lease and getting out, but something came up and I won't make it. Supposed to be 57 degrees Monday morning and a high of 71 (unusually cold for Md in September) so I will be out then and I hope they are moving!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

19. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Haha sounds like a plan titan, and I do indeed! Bummer you can't make it out tomorrow man, but I'm sure you will get them when they are on the move with cooler temps like that! Our opening day is on Oct 1st (monday) so I cant go out opening day but I have tuesday off so I will be out in force no doubt tuesday morning!

20. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice truck Chiro!!! Congrats!