** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm working on my Master's Degree while working two jobs. It's a busy life, but it's pretty exciting. Sounds like you're going to be in the woods as much as I will, Chiro. I'm hoping to get one decent deer this year and I'm not overly concerned about whether its a buck or doe. Just need to fill the freezer. What about you?

2. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    going last year without bagging a deer was tough, im lucky i have good friends who hooked me up. no real goal other than to get out and have a good time! would like to down a deer in the snow just cause. looks soo cool and tracking is much easier, not sure i wanna wait that long. plus if this winter is anything like last im not counting on snow at all.

3. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well of course I hope to take another buck this year as nice as the one I got last year but we will just have to see how cooperative that buck wants to be ha. I plan on taking at least 2 does. Haven't taken one with my bow yet so I'm excited! Been keepin an eye on the camera for the past two weeks. Got plenty does just no big shooters only young bucks but got plenty of time between now and Oct 1 for that to change. (I hope) I only get to hunt weekends and holidays but I make them count!

4. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I am definitely looking to fill the freezer bc I will be moving up to WI next summer n be living pretty lean for a while, so I wanna stock up now,lol. I do have my eye on 2 big boys that I have been keeping track of since last season. Pulled cam pics and they were coming in during the morning and afternoon but nothing since the middle of the month. Im guessing they are making rounds, but if thats the case should work out perfect at the start of the season! I will get some pictures up soon for you guys!!

5. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    What's everyone shooting? Just got my Mathews Jewel a lil over a month ago and it's doing great for me in 3D tournaments so far!

6. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! Sorry I am a little late lol But I am Jenna and im going to be hunting a soybean farm in Kentucky...(ya know the newest #1 Boone and Crockett state) ;) Shooting a Hoyt Kobalt and ready to take some deer down! Been getting a few nice bucks on camera this year and hope to take one down. Season starts this Saturday September 1st and runs until January 17th. Glad to meet everyone and be a part of the team! Team name and captain dont matter to me so whatever you guys like is fine.

Heres a few of the pictures I have got over the past 2 months....any of them are fair game lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome!!! Awesome bucks! Best of luck!

8. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Nice lookin bucks! I am shooting a Mathews Monster MR-7 with 425g arrows

9. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like your season is going to be great, Jenna. My buddy and I have only seen two small bucks on his trail cams. As for equipment, I'm running an older Reflex Growler, which is the same as the Hoyt Powerhawk.

10. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot a PSE BowMadness.

I'm good with any Team Name....Chris - I nominate you for captain since you were first to check in...it really just amounts to keeping tabs on our submissions/scores to make sure they are correct and that total is correct on the main score page.

Everyone - do not forget to take 2 different pictures of your deer kill with BOW IN PICTURE...that is what you need to submit for contest.

11. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll take Team Captain if no one objects. I'll need help with scoring when it comes time, though. I appreciate the nomination, Matt.

12. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Second on the Chris as team captain.

I'm shooting a Bowtech Allegiance with a 31.5 inch DL at 65#.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

13. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Chris as team captain sounds good to me.

14. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If I'm right we are still waiting for these to check in:

dcbowhunter
    Captain Morgan
    RKCman
    oldkybowhunter
    TeamTitanium42

Anybody know any of these guys?

15. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I sent an PM to everyone but RKCman and TeamTitanium42 because I couldn't find them. I am new at navigating around the sight and dont know how to find someone if they haven't started any threads I don't guess. Ha sorry

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. I live and hunt in Western Indiana. Second year bow-hunting, first year in the contest. Season runs from Oct 1 to Jan 6. I've scheduled time off two weeks during season (end Oct/beg Nov), plus will hunt most weekends. I'll likely take a doe at first opportunity because the freezer is getting low, then hold out for a good buck. If no buck by end of season, I'll probably take a second doe.

17. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    I am down for Chris bein team captain. I think I may need some help with scoring as well for a buck, never had a chance to do that yet, hopefully this year will be the year!

18. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright, I let Fitz know that I was nominated for Captain and that our team name is "Deadly Dozen", thanks to Bowchik. I think we should wait until after Labor Day to let Fitz know if we have anyone who has not checked in due to people being out of town. Anyone disagree?

So far, we have not heard from:
    dcbowhunter
    RKCman
    oldkybowhunter
    TeamTitanium42

Also, I've noticed a lot of the other teams have some pretty sweet avatars representing their teams. Anyone in our group know how to do that or know someone else on the forum that might? It would be awesome to have something like that. :tu:

19. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I still have the avatar from last year's team (Rack Attack) so I'd like to change it up and represent my new team and team members. Unfortunately, I don't have experience with photo shop or a similar application.

I think waiting until Tuesday for the remaining members is fine. I only have my phone with me right now so I can't see how many posts the missing guys have, hopefully they don't bail.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

20. Kydeerhunter03

Kydeerhunter03 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just made this....let me know if you like it or I can fiddle up a new one lol

Attached Files: