Team 2 - Dead Deer Society

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by airenlow, Aug 18, 2014.

1. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job everyone!

We're not out of the running any time soon!

2. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go everyone! It's been great to be a part of this team. And a lot of fun. I would way cool if we could get a couple more deer buck or doe. but if not I enjoyed being on this team. best of luck to all still hunting.

3. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seen some awesome sign this week. A first for me...a buck scrape in the snow, IN DECEMBER!!! Seen a group of 17 in front of my stand from the road. Just hoping theres a good buck in there. I killed my 4th doe of the year last Friday. Gonna hang some stands for some awesome late season spots. I feeling good about this month. Never killed a late season buck, hope that changes this year. Keep it up everybody! Lets go all the way!

4. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck late season! I seen a scrape near my rifle stand when I went out Monday for rifle. Had a smaller six or eight chasing a doe, too.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about hitting Ohio tomorrow to check the property and hunt a little. But with a 90-100% chance of showers I think I will save the 5 hour round trip for a different weekend.

6. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I plan to take a doe late season. Trying to wait till I have a cool experience and perfect shot. Not sure what that is yet but I'll know it when it happens haha. Good luck everyone.

7. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot that only one buck score counts with the second being 50. Bummer. I should know the rules better but would a doe count for me? Not going to change whether I take one for the yummy venison!

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nope, you got your max of 2 deer entered. I am in a similar boat, I have not 100% given up on taking a buck in Ohio but I won't be able to count it in the contest here if I do tag one.

9. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We woke up to 3" of water in our finished basement yesterday. My gear and camo were laying out (from the baby rush), so it all got soaked. Nothing was destroyed, but my plans to hunt this weekend have changed...

10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's too wet here for me to even haul grain out of the bins to town. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow and see what happens. Still lots of good bucks on cameras. Some are starting to get pretty busted up but some of the better ones are still whole.

11. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em, Covey!

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I tried, I really did and I got damn close. I had the buck I named Bone-afide at 50 yards but I wouldn't risk a shot. Besides I thought he'd get closer. He didn't, instead veered off north and kept going. I grunted at him but he was determined to go that direction.

I didn't see any other bucks that were shooters. Had a spike at 25 yards and five does at 20. We'll see what happens, I'm not giving up yet. This buck I'm after is top of the list in inches and age. He's not busted up but has scars all over his back...he's been busy.

13. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's been tough up here in MN. The pictures of deer have really decreased and the coyote pics have increased. I was out this weekend and saw 3 small does about 75 yards away in some brush for about 2 minutes, otherwise it's been dead. I'm not sure if I need to pull my ground blind out and start moving to some different areas of the property or what. We're getting close to the end but there is still a lot of time left too!!!

14. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys. I have to go to VA for a week for work starting Sunday, then the week I get back is Christmas...not sure I will get to Ohio again like I planned. I can't add anymore points but I was hoping for a shot at a buck there.

I did read the Ohio gun harvest was down 10,000 and Ashtabula county where I hunt was down from 2330 to 1730. I didn't notice less deer on camera compared to last year but know not all areas are the same.

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Coop you hunt Ashtabula? I show horses in Ashtabula. Don't have any land that way though.

Good luck those still going strong!

16. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, my good friend owns a farm there and we have sole permission on the neighbors (who plants my friend's fields). I think it ends up with about 175-200 acres we have to hunt.

17. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody hitting the woods this weekend? I am stuck traveling for work. Hopefully I get back in town early enough next week to make it out next weekend.

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hit and miss on getting to the stand. Weather and schedule has been rough this year and still is. Going to try to get back out this weekend though.

19. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Covey if you get out. I might go out tomorrow gun hunting. Really not feeling like it though; it is the last day and I have no motivation. Next weekend I am hoping to go back to my bow spot and check out how the deer patterns seem to appear.

20. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I finally got pics of this buck from 11/1...

[​IMG]