Team 2 Check In

Discussion in '2018 Turkey Contest' started by Trevor TFO, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Wisconsin trip was good, had a couple close encounters, i didn't end up filling my tag though. My buddy filled his the first morning, he should have been in the contest.. would have been an awesome bird! 10 1/2 beard, 1 3/8 inch spurs, 26.5 lbs

2. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I entered my bird, don't think I'll get out again this season. It has been another good season for although I took 2 birds with a shotgun this year rather than stick with my bow.
    Good news, we are sitting in 2nd place lol!

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got 2 more weekends to see if I can find a bigger bird. The jakes were like cockroaches this year in the mandarin orchard. Every time we'd shoot a couple, it seemed like four more would come around the corner. Between me and the 5 other guys hunting out there, we've taken 10 jakes. And I just checked my camera today and there were 4 more out there on saturday. That makes 14 jakes I've seen this year! Kinda makes it hard for 3 toms to hang around with all those youngsters chasing them. I'll see what I can do though. Best of luck to everyone else still out there!

4. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I finally got out yesterday morning and had several birds around. I got two to commit to come and at 60 yards a doe that was right behind the blind busted me and bolted. That ended the hunt.

5. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    been quiet here. going to a good spot in the morning.

6. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw 20 this morning, 8 jakes, 3 toms and 8-9 hens. Had a tom start to come in but he hung up at 80 yards.

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Well gents down to the last weekend of turkey season so maybe something will happen but not getting my hopes up. Still a few birds around but they are really hit and miss when they show up. I'll be out this weekend cause I can't kill anything from my couch so send me a hail mary for something! Hope everyone else is doing well!

8. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Turkeys win this year, had my chance just blew it. Sorry gents. Good luck to those still hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    turkeys have been quiet here for the last week.

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I took my father in law and a buddy of his yesterday morning. His buddy is 75 and has never killed a gobbler. By 6:30 AM he was wrapping a tag on a gobbler. Three of us sat in a blind and I called in a silent bird to our three hen decoys and he shot him with a shotgun at about 20 yards. They were thrilled. I hope to get out for a while in the morning and again on Sunday if all goes well.

Hillbilly Jedi likes this.
  11. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! Always nice to help someone get their first bird. Congrats!

12. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Last weekend ended with another jake off the property. 4 jakes came in about 8am. They were VERY hesitant to walk in front of my blind and took them about 10 minutes to move 30 yards where I was able to get a shot. Maybe because 9 others never made it back to the tree this year! Haha! Not sure if was luck or because no one's hunted there in about 2 1/2 weeks but it worked out. Little more meat in the freezer for the summer.

All in all me and 3 other hunters took 10 jakes off the property this year so pretty successful season. There were 3 toms out there that never showed their face after opening morning and at least 3 jakes still running around. I haven't seen a hen in almost a month so hopefully they are all laying and will have some little ones running around for next year.

Hope everyone else is having a good season. Deer season is just around the corner!!!

13. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, we didn't win, but we didn't come in last! Congrats to all who took a bird, and to those who did not, hope you still had a good season chasing birds.
    It has been fun and I'm glad we got to interact with each other, now onto deer preparations!