Team 2 Check In (Shed Contest)

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by purebowhunting, Jan 17, 2014.

1. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team #2 Shed Contest Check In

Team 2
    64. MechDoc . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
    61. Fisherman19 . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    58. purebowhunting . . . . . . . . . . 4
    53. dreambig
    18. JStarr . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    42. Tynimiller

TEAM TOTAL: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9

Roll Call for Team #2. Post to confirm you're active with a little about yourself!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Purebowhunting checking in. I just moved from Michigan Upper Peninsula to Central Wisconsin. I usually find a few sheds here and there but seldom a huge haul. I have a bit of private property and now that I moved this year I plan on scouting a ton of public property in the area, hope during those scouting efforts I can stumble on a few to contribute to the team. If not at least share what I find on the scouting missions. No matter what I enjoy these contests, with active members on a team it's a lot of fun getting to know one another.

3. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    JStarr checking in. I'm located in Indiana. I have about 85 acres all to myself I personally own 56 of it and it's all joined. There's little 5-15 acres woods I hunt as well, but they're not managed by any stretch of the imagination. I hunt anything that walks, but my passion is whitetail. My wife and I both hunt and our boy is slowly getting started shooting his suction cup bow at the dogs (he's 2) I always find a bunch of sheds as all I do is spend time in the woods during the off season. It's nice to see Tyni's on our team. Always good to see a fellow Hoosier.

4. Fisherman19

Fisherman19 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in and starting off on a good note. I found one today. This is my first year in the contest can some one let me know how I am supposed to measure everything.

5. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    The shed contest doesn't go by score, it's only a count of sheds found. So your sheds gives us a total of 1.

6. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet ( even though it is a pretty nice shed). I will post a pic soon. Got to get it to my computer first.

I missed the intro part on my first post so here goes. I am originally from central Wisconsin (Mauston to be exact). I have been in the Airforce for 15 years and have lived all over the world. I am currently stationed in Maryland and hunt public land. I usually make it back to Wisconsin for rifle season but only hunt with my bow in MD. Still waiting for my first bow kill.

Like I said earlier this Is my first year in the contest and hope to find a bunch more sheds. I have seen some monster bucks pretty close to my house hopefully I can find.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  7. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    094.jpg

here is the the one I found the other day. They are calling for a bunch of snow tomorrow so might be a few days before I get out again.

8. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good lookin shed! The dog found one yesterday, and I found one this morning. Pretty sure we're at 3.

9. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    JStar and Fisherman have us on the board! I went out this past week, lot of snow on the ground to it's tough, didn't find any sheds but a lot of potential bedding areas I'll keep and eye on. Nice getting out in the woods, that's for sure! Good luck everyone!

10. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I am hopping to find this guys shed he is one of the biggest deer I have ever seen even though this is not the best picture.

Are we going to have a team name or just stick with team 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in fellas, recognize most of ya but incase you don't know a touch about me; Northern Indiana Hoosier here. Will be attempting to actually succeed in shed hunting this year after getting skunked last year (couple dead heads)...got some great bucks we're hoping to find the drops from. I will apologize before we start that I cannot promise to contribute anything as shed hunting has never been my friend by any stretch of the imagination.

12. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mechdoc checking in! I will be shed hunting northern IL and IA this season. If it stops snowing here soon I will try to get out to one of my local spots. The spots I have in IA look very promising from the aerial views but this is my first year there so we will see what happens. I also have 430 acres I lease in IL that I will be hitting hard in the next 3 weeks that I usually get about 8 sheds from. Nice sheds so far guys. Good luck shedding everyone!

13. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    Went out today. Jumped the above buck. He is still holding on. I was hoping I would see the antlers fall off when he was running away. No such luck.

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas the snow is just simply not relenting here in Northern IN....once it thaws I will be out hitting it hard...until then I could always get lucky on my scouting trips but odds not as high with the foot plus snow.

15. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same situation here Ty, Wisconsin has way too much snow to be productive. Did see a 4yo with both sides last night, he dropped Feb 13 last season so if he drops I may get lucky before spring.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas pops pulled cameras at the one property just last week (nearly died of exhaustion getting cards through the snow)...probably 50% or more dropped and the one big 140+incher was one of them....now for this dang winter to let up and snow to go away!

17. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have been out a few times lately and nothing. The big guy I have been chasing is still holding on as of weekend before last. I was sick this past weekend so I didn't get out.

18. Fisherman19

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]. Finally back in the game. I think this is the match to the other one but I got to wait until I get to work to check, that is where the other one is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found one small old one today! I will be headed out again tomorrow.

[​IMG]

20. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got rid of our snow here in north central Wisconsin, stumbled onto this little guy yesterday scouting some public land.[​IMG]