Team 19 The Booner Doomers

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by beavertronic, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  2. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I'm a GA bit, but I hunt land in TN, GA, and a small lease in KY. I will try to add more later. Work is just kicking by A$$ right now...

3. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Brad go ahead and get us some phone numbers of who we need to call cause we can't be having a bunch of work interfering with your bowhunting.

pick00l, bradn4201 and bowhunt4abuck like this.
  4. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Feel ya there man been on overtime since February....but when October and November roll around it will stop. They know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

bradn4201 likes this.
  5. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any other votes for team name? I think we established that PinkPony (Kristen) will be captain.

6. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, and I am willing to do that. Just give me a name and I'll get it all posted and updated.

7. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm fine with any team name like the Booner Doomers that was already suggested. Below a few more that came to mind.

Antler Eclipse - "Our bone throws shade"
    The Elmer Fudds - "Be vewy quiet... we ain't hunting wabbits"
    The Big Boners - no catch phrase needed (I acknowledge Kristen's right as Captain to Veto that one)

8. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Big Booners is a little more PG but not much haha

9. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    So when's everyone's hunting season start? A few have said already I believe but does anyone have a rutcation scheduled? Mine is the first full week of November. Illinois starts October 1 but I don't hunt when it's hot unless it is my vacation. So usually I start to get out towards the last couple weeks of October. I might sneak out a little earlier on some public ground I have scouted but that's up in the air still.

10. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    Season opens on September 16th. I will probably hit the ground running and see if I can get something done early.

11. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sept. 1st through Jan 7th. Getting the itch pretty bad!!

12. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like those Todd Giraffe shirts. Not enough to buy one lol but we could be The Todd Giraffes.

Or

Look At Does- as in what did the one buck say to the other as a group of female deer walked by? Hey! Look at does!

Kansas archery season starts the 11th. Rutcation for me on the family farm in Ohio is usually the first or second week of November but this year it will be the week of Thanksgiving. The wife went back to work and its the soonest we can make the trip

13. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Opens on September 2nd here in KY but our temps are dreadful more often than not and most days it's too hot to even consider hunting. However if we get a cool day (anything better than say 82 for a high) then it can be phenomenal. My last 3 bucks have all come on cooler September afternoons. Last year we didn't get a single decent day until 9/25. On 9/26 I left work early and got in the stand for the first hunt of the year. I saw one deer and killed him and my season was over just like that. I think my previous 2 bucks were on my 2nd hunt of the year. So obviously I'll be just watching the weather and trying to keep tabs on some shooters and if we get a weather break I'll get after one. If I don't kill a buck in September I won't hunt much through most of October. Then starting about 10/25 (actually whether I've killed one or not) I'll take off most of the days till our rifle season comes in on the 11th of Nov. On crappy weather days I'll go in to work to save the Vac day. I just like being off during that time of year and I can usually occupy myself helping others try to get on something. This year I might consider hunting a little in TN if I tag out early. I've got a buddy that has some spots down there with decent deer. Not sure I can afford it though.

Usually I don't mess with does till October lull or in late season but this year I might get out opening weekend if the weather is too sucky for buck hunting and try to go ahead and knock us down a doe. I wish that more than one doe could count for our score. Even if each extra doe was only 1 point I could sure stack up some points for us. I have one place where we could kill 50 and it wouldn't make a dent and we desperately need to kill a bunch. I went down there last week and there were 21 bucks in just one field. So you can imagine how many does there are. We've killed 50 deer off that little property in the last 3 years and the numbers are higher than ever. It's getting out of hand.

14. beavertronic

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, Bonner Doomers and be done. PinkPony as captain.

bradn4201 likes this.
  15. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Season starts for me Sept 30. PA sucks and shuts down for two weeks during rut. So the second week of November season is over until December. I never have hunted late season. I hate being cold.

16. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Me and you both sister. I always say I'm gonna hunt more in the late season but I never do. Why can't it just be 55/35 every day of season? Is that really too much to ask?

17. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot my biggest buck sitting in a tree stand in -1 degree weather (without windchill) on December 28th two seasons ago. Sometime being cold isn't too bad.

18. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That had to be a brutal gut job in weather that cold.

19. MSBK1

MSBK1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I know that the super cold weather can be great in some parts of the country and really help with post rut hunting but we just don't really ever get much weather that is cold enough to help here. It seems like if we get winter weather it's usually more of an ice event than a snow and the deer just seem to shut down like they don't know what to do. I guess they are just so unaccustomed to real winter weather that they just figure they can wait it out cause hell we will back in the 50s or 60s in a matter of days most times anyways. I've always wanted the romance of hunting in a nice snow but it just seems like it never works out.

20. bowhunt4abuck

Dislikes Received:
    It's sure is a pretty picture when ur hunting in in a nice pleasant snowfall. Haven't been lucky enough the last couple years. The last couple times I have hunted in the snow it has been closer to a blizzard then a nice snowfall lol hopefully this year the weather lines up.