>>Team 18 - Wolf Pack->

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by drenman, Aug 19, 2013.

1. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice, Congrats!

I had a pretty good morning yesterday, saw several bucks and a couple does. I saw as many deer in 2 hours as I've seen all year, it was fun. The afternoon was a ghost town but I kind of expected that after how active the morning was.

I have a busy weekend again but will try to slip out Sunday afternoon. Good luck guys!

2. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well Mark, maybe that will work out for you in the long run. When folks buy gun tags for a couple years and don't see deer, maybe they'll hang it up for a while and let the deer numbers increase.

Good job Finny, nice deer for sure. Chris, hang in there and good luck on that private land. I hunted yesterday and saw a doe and a small buck with broken horn. Strangest thing (I'll post it on the "bowhunting board" with later) but my buddy and I met up on a road at 11 am to get a bite and set up our tent. While talking I see a deer walking right at us on the old road. Our wind is going directly at him and we are standing in a big open area. I told my buddy not to move but added that the deer will be gone in a minute. The deer keeps coming and at 30 yards, directly down wind, veers to our left and walks behind some brush. My buddy drew his bow and the deer walked out in the open at 20 yards. My buddy stopped him and instantly shot and dropped the deer in his tracks. I couldn't believe what I just saw. He thought it was a doe as it had a 1 inch tip sticking out of the skin on the near side that was hidden by the ear and the broken horn was hanging straight down on the other side. Crazy. He had an anterless tag and with the horn being less than 3 inches was able to use it. He also saw a 130 chasing a doe and this morning saw one about the same size searching for does. I saw a doe today but nothing else. Back at it tomorrow.

3. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How's everyone else doing? How bout a "check in" report?

Chris1982
    drenman
    IAhunter11
    JGD
    KY72
    Lastoneout
    minnesotahunter
    PastorJim
    rackstacker613
    Rednas5
    xtreme16
    Z7Sooner

4. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On stand now gonna be for the next 2 days plus weekday mornings ! Looking for another buck!

5. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have been hunting hard and seeing bucks but nothing yet.... Headed out for an all day sit tomorrow! Keep you posted! I have a good feeling about this weekend!

6. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got to work several days in a row. I wont be back out until next friday. Gotta love 12 hour shifts. Good luck to you guys this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

7. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DSCN4175_zps8842a9fb.jpg I got this doe last Saturday with my longbow. Deer are moving here but I'm working nights right now.

8. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome! How far will you take a shot with that set up? Its been many years since ive killed a deer with trad equipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

9. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can do fairly well out to 20yds. Prefer 10 to 15. This doe was about 14 yds.

10. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, that is a true trophy!

11. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't able to make it out at all over the weekend, you don't realize how busy life is until you are trying to squeeze in hunts. I'm tied up at work today but will get out tomorrow afternoon and at least a few hours per day the rest of the week. The orange army takes over this weekend so I'll be pushing hard to put something on the ground before then.

12. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Finny, has your buck been entered into our team score? Doesn't look like it has. I hunted hard the last 5 days. Lots of punk deer chasing does. Had a 130 bust me this morning before I even went for my bow. A doe led him to me and they popped out at 20 yards walking right uphill to me. She passed by at 10 yards and he looked right at me and froze; then bolted. I was only about 12 feet up because the trees are so thick I couldn't see anything if I was higher. Geez after 5 hard days that took the wind out of my sails. Gotta work tomorrow then off to Kansas for 5 more days.

KY, nice job on the doe with trad gear. I haven't done that but hope to for sure. Good work.

13. Lastoneout

Dislikes Received:
    It will once Fitz updates the scorecard. I put it up on the score sheet.

14. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on a two week break from hunting. Saturday was my official last day in the Army so I no longer have the rights to hunt the military land here. On the 21st I will be heading to Louisiana and should be able to resume hunting on the 23rd or 24th. When I get there I will be able to hunt twice a day nearly everyday so I think I'll make up for the time I'm losing.

15. Lastoneout

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man my buddy just got out aswell.

16. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your service guys!

I'm planning on hunting whenever possible the rest of the week. Today is perfect weather so as soon as my meeting is over this morning I'll be heading to the farm.

17. Lastoneout

Dislikes Received:
    Let's make a push boys!! We are in this, we need a few does to hit the ground!

18. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm officially meat hunting as of today, there is a pretty good chance that I will be posting a Fergie buck... if I'm lucky enough.

I saw 3 small bucks yesterday afternoon, no does and no mature bucks since mid week last week. I'll be out this afternoon and I'll do an all day sit tomorrow as my last hard push.

Good luck out there guys!

19. Lastoneout

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck brah! Thump one

20. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    No dice the last couple days, I did pass a couple small bucks that I just couldn't bring myself to shooting. Sorry guys, not looking good. I'll be out this afternoon at my place as one last ditch effort before rifle starts in the morning.

My hope is we have some rifle hunters "scouting" bumping deer onto my property.