Team 18 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by littleshooter, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was him. I'll make a thread about this buck on the bowhunting talk page.

2. Txjourneyman

Txjourneyman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys and gals I suck as a team mate. First my fiasco earlier in the season and now I got a doe without pics. I'm sorry, my head hasn't been right since my illegal deer and I can't do anything for the team this year. I'm sorry.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?t=17650

3. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't sweat it Tx. Hang in there bud. :)

4. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hey Tx I havent been able to contribute either. But I do know that as a team win or lose we are still a team. I wish I could sub in a friend of mine. He has harvested 9 deer here already this year 2 bucks a 139 6/8 and a 149 7/8 and 7 does. I wrote a thread about his big buck but it did'nt really get any responses. I hope we are all on the same team next year so we can bring it.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.

5. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Who cares Greg. It's a contest for fun, nothing else. You can be my teammate any time buddy!! We sure have a good bunch of folks here. Been fun all!!

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There's a lesson here:

In order for hunting to be successful, we all have to stop hunting with our heads and return to hunting with our hearts. It's not about killing per se. The brotherhood Team 18 has built here proves that! Wouldn't you guys agree? Yes, hunting should come from the heart. It's about ethical paths and those good things (friendships) we constantly share with our communities.

I salute you Team 18!

7. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Spot on Huck, good post. :)

8. leadoperator

leadoperator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    pics or no pics, points or no points, it doesnt matter to me. For me its about the friendships ive made here and nothing else.

I would like to thank everyone here for being on team 18, you're a great bunch of people.

9. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ...X2

10. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys

Anyone still out there? I've still got 3 weeks left here....hope to get out a couple times a week if my schedule permits. Its been really cold lately, highs in the low 20's, with 15-20mph winds ALL day for the past few days. Should let up soon, and hopefully they'll be moving. I usually don't see much this time of year on my land, but I'll still give it a go every season.

Good luck to anyone still out there! :)

11. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    I've got 24 days yet till the end of the season. I was out last Wednesday, haven't been out since. I could've shot a 3.5 year old 7 point that evening, had him at 12 yards. I should've shot the bastard as he was the buck who screwed my hunt up on October 28th when I had a big boy coming directly at me only to do a 90 degree turn when he saw the 7 point and made a beeline towards him. I came down with a very nasty cold Friday afternoon and won't be doing any hunting till I get rid of this fricking coughing!! Nothing worse then being sick when It's hunting season.

Good luck to the rest who are still hunting and congratulation's to you all who are done.

12. leadoperator

Dislikes Received:
    I can archery hunt till the end of jan. Although i did but a ML this year so i think i'll be tryin that out for a couple weeks, that season starts this sat. After that its gona be strictly stick n string. When the snow starts gettin deep the archery hunting can be awesome.

13. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I went out Friday afternoon and saw a decent 6pt ... along with a few does. One must have been hot, he was hounding them. I hope he makes it. Guns are still banging daily. Hope to get out this week some.

14. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    I've got nearly 30 Inches of snow around here. Lot of the deer packed up and headed out In search of food. There's still some deer around but I have a feeling the hunting Is going to get tough. Normally I wait till the last 5 days of the season to take a doe If I'm still with out a buck but this year with the conditions I'm conceding and going to let an arrow fly at the 1st doe that gives me a shot.

Good luck Mike and lead!!

15. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em Steve! I'm pullin for ya! 30" is alot of snow.

Its been real slow around here, as is usual for this time of year. We got 3" snow last week, went out a couple days after for few hours. Jumped two does that were bedded in a tree top 20yds from the stand I was going to. Decided to walk around a bit after that rather that sit there, just to see what I saw for tracks, etc. Didn't see alot....one main trail that they normally travel didn't even have one track in it. There was a crossing on the creek that had decent activity. At least I know there are some around. I have had Dec's here where I didn't even see a deer.

I'll get out a few more times for sure. It just gets hard to get motivated when its cold and windy, and you know there is about 95% chance you won't see a buck worth shooting. We still have two weeks left. I may shoot a doe if I get an itchy finger, but don't really need the meat. Good luck guys!

16. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas Team 18!

Hey Greg, can you shoot me a PM with your address. I have a hoodie for you from Dave Bailey.

17. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy New Year team! I hope everyone had a nice Christmas with your families.
    Well...the season is done here, and I am buckless with the bow again. Never saw one worth shooting....again. Man it sucks hunting in an area where my standards don't much meet what is available. (and my standards aren't that high!) Oh well...there's always next year! At least I have a freezer full of meat and had a good time. Didn't get nearly as much time in the woods this year, hopefully it will be alot better next season.

Here's to a great 2011 for all of us! Good luck to anyone that is still hunting! :)

-Mike

18. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Season Is closed here too. Best of luck to anyone still out there hunting. I miss hunting already!!

19. leadoperator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, i get to hunt till the end of jan.

20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: