Team 18 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by littleshooter, Aug 31, 2010.

1. leadoperator

leadoperator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Congrats! Its pretty hard not to be happy with a p&y deer, something that the majority of bowhunters never get.

Who scored this deer?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    x2

TX...honestly, spread rules are tough. I would think they would have had the decency to bend it a little since you did bring it in, 1/2" shy is not like you shot a 10" wide buck. Congrats on a great buck...sorry it ended that way. Like I said in the other thread, you at least have your integrity and character in the end.

DEERSLAYER.....congrats on the buck! Nothing to be ashamed of there....very nice! Hopefully a few others of us can kick in and help as well.

3. DEERSLAYER

DEERSLAYER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A friend scored it while I had it hanging at his place. I thought he was an official measurer since he is always running around scoring for people and has five B&C (gross) bucks with a bow, but he told me later he is not. He also said he tends to score conservatively so when people have their deer officially scored they often have a higher score by 1"-2". So now it's bugging me some, but since I already posted that score on here I think I will have to live with that score for the contest. I know he didn't over score it. I need to find out if this situation is acceptable for the contest or if I need to score it myself (or have it officially scored).

4. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Slayer, you do not need it officially scored for the contest. You do need to post it with the scores for each measurment though, so if you have those...you are good to go. If you don't, you'll need to get them before they will allow it to count. Its not hard to do, we can help you if need be. Great buck, congrats! :D

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To me he's In that 125 Inch range so I'd say the guy who scored It did alright. Congratulation's on the buck, he's a good one!!

Greg, you know my feelings. Your a good man!

6. leadoperator

Dislikes Received:

The score seems low to me, thats the only reason i asked.

7. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I finally got him and all the information posted so it's back to hunting. I hope you all smoke one soon! Good luck everyone!!

8. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    DEERSLAYER....you need to put a 2nd pic up in the score thread. All entries need 2 pictures. (Personally I think that is stupid, but oh well)

I still haven't whacked anything with the bow. I did get out a couple times recently, but nothing to report. I'm not really sure what is going on here. It is TOTALLY hit or miss, doesn't make sense to me.

I went out with the M/L for a change yesterday morning...had a nice 9pt come by follwing a doe grunting at around 8am. He was 50yds out, and I managed to put him down. Don't have any pics to share yet...gotta get them off my daughters camera. Pretty nice buck for my area. Tall rack with some character. 3rd largest buck I've ever taken, and largest with my M/L.

I took my son out this morning for the rifle opener....we sat till 11:30, didn't even see a deer! He counted 65 shots total. It was a gorgeous morning...25, dead calm, and crisp. I can't even believe we didn't see a deer. Had a good time though, maybe he'll get one next time. We still have plenty of season left.

I'll still be bowhunting....hopefully I can get on a nice buck. We'll see. I would have loved to have gotten the 9 with my bow, but I was thankful that I had my M/L that day....as he wasn't gonna be nearly close enough. Good luck guys!

Mike

9. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    I posted 4 pictures Mike. I just checked and they are still there,

10. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that is weird. I only see 1 pic. No biggie, its probably something with my pc.

Here's the pics of my buck. He's a pretty nice buck for our area, and honestly you can't expect a whole lot better here (unfortunately). I've owned and lived on this land for 12yrs, and we drive in and out at prime time a ton - almost every day. I've only ever seen about 6-8 bucks that would break 100" for sure TOTAL - in or out of season - hunting or driving in my car. I killed two of them. This area just doesn't have big bucks, and it kills me. But it is what it is. I deal with what I have. I'm sure there is a cagey old monster somewhere....but given that as of about 6yrs ago, my county had only 5 entries in the P&Y book ever, I'm not holding my breath.

I do wish my son had gone with me that morning....I asked, he said he was too tired. Would have loved to seen him get this buck. I'm guessing him 3.5, will age him once I do the skull mount. Good luck guys!

-Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DEERSLAYER

Dislikes Received:
    Oops, I meant 3 pics. Congrats on the buck Mike.

12. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    p&y or b&c dont really matter. believe it or not I get more nervous when i set up on a doe than on a buck. I have 2 p&y scoring bucks and I would still take every narlly wild rack I have over any one of them. tall racks wide racks diamond racks they can all kinda look alike. but get one that is geneticaly screwed up and you may have 1 of a kind. I love that head gear on your buck. CONGRATS......................

13. leadoperator

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Mike, congrats!

14. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty looking buck there Mike!! Congratulation's bud!!

15. littleshooter

littleshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mike! That is a great looking buck - love the color of his rack! Nice work :)

16. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys....good luck next week. I'm heading out to our cabin in WV for the week. Won't be online till I get back next Sunday. Hope to see some more points on the board when I get back!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mike

17. leadoperator

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone! I said i'd post a pic of my mount when i got it back, so here you go. Official green score 132 4/8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    At 4:00 today I heard a ML shot to the east of me a 1/4 mile or so while I was out hunting. I thought to myself I hope It Isn't the big guy I've been after the last 2 years. Well, after seeing some pictures of It I believe It Is. Man I'm bummed out. I called the guy tonight who I heard was the lucky hunter and he told me the buck has a 20 1/2 Inside spread. Not to many bucks get that wide so It's gotta be him. Looking at some of the pictures he's got 11 Inch G2's and G3's by the looks of It. 160 Inch class buck no doubt. Tomorrow he's going to be home at 4:15 so I'm heading over their tomorrow to skip hunting and find out for sure If this Is the buck which I'm pretty sure It Is. If It Is him I'll be able to find out too on where I hit him last year on that dreadful day October 19th, 2009. Closure will be nice on where I hit him last year If It's him.

19. Schultzy

Dislikes Received:
    Nice looking buck Lead!! Congrats once again.

20. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Steve....I hope it isn't. I know you've been hard after him and I was hoping you'd catch up with him. If it is...that is a lucky hunter for sure. I remember the pics of him from last year, what a stud.

Lead....ditto on the buck, looks great! That was FAST too...you must have some connections :)

Well I'm back from my trip to the cabin...will post up about it later once I download pics from the camera. Had a great time with family and friends. Now back to the bow for a while, maybe I can add some points! It was 17 here this morning and a hard frost and no wind. Gorgeous! Even after 6 straight days of hunting and being gone for 9, all I could think was "boy I wish I was in a stand this morning!" :D