Team 18 - Got Booners

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by srtiek, Aug 29, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    spike.jpg

Team 18's Booners!

2. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Look! Team Flop, I mean Team 6 is getting nervous about us! :lol:

4. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
  5. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this season, you're gonna need it! :tu:

6. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is what this guy considers a good deer. And hey, if they want to use the fergus rule, they should be able. Obviously he would be proud of that buck... Colby, if it makes you happy, shoot it. Just make sure its spots are gone... lol

7. Vendetta

Dislikes Received:
    I want to tag along! :D Those duck hunting clubs have huge deer.

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Its the biggest one I've seen for my area. He is a wall hanger

9. Vendetta

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine used to be the only one that bowhunted his friends duck club, but now all the duck hunters bow hunt after seeing what he was putting down. lol

10. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, I finally got my bow back from the shop and it sucks like nothing else. I'll need to complete re sight it in and with two weeks left I have a lot of work to do. Luckily My wife and kid will be gone this weekend, so no excuses for me not to shoot every moment until my arms fall off.

On another note; I'll be heading down to my property Saturday morning to check cameras and food plots. I just found another 40 acres to hunt in the bottoms that were tillable up till 15 years ago when they planted all trees. Needless to say, it is supposed to be a thick mess, and that's why no one is hunting it. I, on the other hand, see this as a great opportunity for a world class buck. if it’s as thick as they say you can't even walk in it. I am 100% sure a mature buck or 2 will be in there somewhere. heheheeh!

11. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not much more than 24 hours and I will be heading to bed to wake up and go out opening morning. I currently have 15 bucks on the hit list. However, I would say that 9 are actual hit list bucks for me. 3 of the bucks I feel are a year too young and 1 is mature just without the headgear. The last is a 145 class deer I feel if both sides were similar, however, his left side is appears to be merely 2 long daggers coming up as brow tines. I would shoot the dagger buck or the management buck if given the opportunity later in the season. My brother will also be hunting these deer; he is younger and this is only has 2nd year bowhunting so although he follows quality management he hasn't shot a lot of deer with a bow like he has with a gun. That said, bucks 9-15 on our list will probably be game for him all season long. I don't have a true number 1 buck, I feel like I have 6 number 2 bucks.

As of last week I was still getting routine pictures of a drop-tine buck and a big 9 in the morning so I will try to get on one of the Saturday morning. Once I pull the card that morning it will determine if I hunt that area again sunday morning or not. Evening hunts will be catching deer moving from bed to feed. I will be on the edge of beans to start. Another option I am excited that is an atypical hunt for me given this time of year is a ridge stand that deer are moving through to get out to beans that are not on my property from bedding. Tomorrow night I will also be going out to scout at night and check deer movement.

12. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! Lay one down! :tu:

13. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gees I just want to go check my trail cams tonight; unfortunately, I'm the On-Call Engineer for IL and MO this freaking weekend. No cell service on my ground.

On another note: I've been leaving a ton of smack on all the other teams’ forums. But, I truly feel it will be worth it if I can get "Ghost" on the ground. I know where he is and haven't bothered his domain at all this year. He will be my 3 AM go in, set up and wait buck.
    :rock:

14. Vendetta

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I go back out this week. Hoping to see the nice buck my cousin keeps telling me about. I'll actually get an evening hunt in this week (as having my wisdom teeth pulled kept me from one on Thursday). As some know I had an issue with not being able to shoot a fawn this week, hoping to see a mature doe this week if nothing else. I think those fawns are button bucks too, because they were all seperated instead of continuing to be grouped. So, considering my cousin doesn't want me to shoot a bb, and I'd prefer not to, that could very well be the reason I didn't shoot. I've watched too many youtube videos lately. Making me go soft. I need to get back up on the horse, and put the bruiser down on the farm! I think 120-140 inches would help our cause.

15. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I still have 2 weeks till opening day and its really killing me now. I checked my trail cams last week and have 4 shooters with 1 being my target for this season on camera. I have named him "Climax".LoL Good luck to everyone this season and be safe out there.

16. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    really not much more for me to do except get some practice in to stay loose. good luck to you guys out hunting already.

17. Vendetta

Dislikes Received:
    Too bad you couldn't be put in a drug induced coma and sleep until opening day. AmIright?

18. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    true but then i will miss work, not get paid, get fired then have to spend hunting season finding a job. plus 7 days is not that long

19. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    12 days to go! Can't wait, good luck to everyone who's out hunting already!

20. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Got a bear this afternoon! Made a great shot only ran about 30 yards! Pics in the morning! :tu: