Team 18 - Does Be Trippin'

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by airenlow, Aug 14, 2017.

1. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, I've been really busy with work. My name is Jason and I hunt NE Ohio. I'm fine with whoever wants to be team captain.

2. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we are still waiting on a few folks to check in, but we have time. I'm bored at work and looking through some of the competition out there. Lots of good looking bucks on camera, but that doesn't mean much in the end game. I have a really good feeling about this year, and the wait is absolutely killing me! Last year I had a terrific mature buck cruising with a nice 8 (that I had a chance on during rifle and passed) and another 6. I have what I believe is the 6 on a cam this summer, but he doesn't have brow tines (named him Whoopie Goldberg). I only saw the mature buck twice last year and I'm guessing he was a 12 but never got close enough to be sure. Hopefully he comes back this year, because I'm positive that I made some mistakes that chased him off. Aka being a dummy and over hunting a spot. I am trying to leave the place alone tho especially where I believe these deer come on to the property to travel to water. My stands are between those two points with corn crop on either side. Now I have to wait on the weather, wind and deer to cooperate. I have public land that I hope to nail a doe on and keep my hunting fix going. Anyway...back to "work".

3. MILKMAN

MILKMAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ya looking at the pictures makes me think id have to shoot a buck and a doe to even equal a single persons score, but some of those guys dont have the option of shooting a doe. Im hoping to get a doe on public early although im going antelope hunting in the end of september so that will consume a little bit of my time.

4. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where at?

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. MILKMAN

MILKMAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
  6. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season will be kicking off on Sept 8th in Wyoming on my first public land mule deer hunt. Primarily focusing on the Bear Lodge Mountain area.

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. MILKMAN

MILKMAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    cool good luck, you will have to post some pictures

8. countryfamily

countryfamily Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on your hunts. Our antelope season opened today

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I PMed the stragglers earlier.

Ridgerunner3 likes this.
  10. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    I have 1 decent buck on cam, but I only have cams on one property so far. I probably had 10-12 shooters on cam last year. I passed up a couple 130" 3 year olds and never saw any of the big boys up close.

Attached Files:

11. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!

12. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    So, my name is Shawn Clark. But, I like to go by Manofthefall. Do you guys know how I go about changing my username to Manofthefall? I will be doing the majority of my hunting in Tuscarawas county. Here in the great Buckeye state of Ohio. I also have ventured out into do some hunting in western Kentucky this year as well. New property only scouted it a couple times and really haven't had the time to determine much of anything on the land yet. I do have 2 stands up and put out some corn piles and a couple cameras. So far not much to speak of for bucks, but it's going to be a live and learn process here. It Will probably take a couple years before I really get a feel for the deer movement and know what quality of bucks the property holds.

13. airenlow

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Shawn, I was just in Coshocton(ish) for a job last week. I do natural resources consulting, so we were working on reforesting 130 acres of the Wills Creek strip mine. Beautiful country up there!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  14. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Checking in. I am Mike and hunt several private properties in the top of Texas in the Panhandle area. We are more similar to Kansas rather than what most think of when referring to Texas.

We are lucky in that our area has adequate numbers and can grow some decent bucks as well. I have had the fortune to connect on a few over the years but nothing last year so hopefully I am due.

I am good with airenlow as captain and I am good with whatever name you guys decide on.

15. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    When is everyone planning their first time on stand? Our season opens Sep. 15, but I doubt I'll get an early hunt in. I don't really have a day planned and will probably let the weather decide for me.

16. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We open mid-September here in Wisconsin as well. I usually try to get out for a afternoon sit or two but dont usually start getting serious until mid-October

17. Ridgerunner3

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty much the same for me. I took off Nov. 8-10 on my work schedule to get in some rut time before the Orange army descends upon the countryside, but the October hunting is what I look forward to. I'll do some evening sits if the wind is right, since I can be on my lease in 10 mins. My work is pretty flexible, and I can always pop a "sick day" on them during a cold front.

18. MILKMAN

MILKMAN Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ill most likely mess w/ public and try to get a doe in sept early if i can. then hunt our private starting mid oct. unless we have bucks in daylight on camera b4 that but highly unlikely

19. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting in Kentucky on September 4-7. Then back home in Ohio our season opens September 30th. I'll definitely be out then. Depending what my cameras show it depends when I start getting serious for a buck. I'm hoping to get a velvet buck though in Kentucky if I'm lucky enough.

20. countryfamily

countryfamily Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My first day in hunting will be Sept 7. Got a small 4 point an a spike elk on camera so far still full velvet and a decent sized doe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk