Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been seeing deer, but nothing has been close enough, its only a matter of time. Next weekend I'll be chasing Muleys.

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    With a bow?

3. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Just got some great news on a possible addition to the scorecard ;)

4. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    You bet I'll be out west for four days, my rifle tag is good for whitetails only, so and muleys that i see i'll stalk with bow.

5. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Man I'm jealous. Hope you smoke a big Mule with your bow and a big whitetail with your rifle!

6. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, after 3 hrs of looking and a 1 1/2 mile tracking I can not find the buck that I shot! It was a roughly 140 class 8 pointer! This really has me down in the dumps and pissed off! Not sure how that sucker ran that far and not sure why not that much blood. It was a 30 yard broad side shot and hit him on his shoulder. He took off running and broke the arrow off by running! There is at least 12 inches of arrow in him. What a day too! I saw 18 deer with 5 bucks and does and not sure on some. They are running like crazy. I am going to go out tonight so we will see what happens!

7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Do you think you bumped him Dawg?

8. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No I followed his tracks across the field and into another set of timber. I grid searched that property and nothing then off into another property with a quarry and nothing. After that I lost everything and blood was few and far between. It just floors me when you hit him in the shoulder with 12 inches of your arrow in him with his let breaking the arrow in half. How can he go that far?

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is what I had for blood except some lone drops here and there. This is how much arrow is in his shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  10. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you look at Makenze's buck where she hit it. That is the same spot that I hit mine but maybe a tad lower. That is why I am so lost for why this buck is lost.

11. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    The void man. Kenzes BARELY entered the lung cavity. It sliced a little bit of lung and got lodged in the spine. I think it possible if the deer was breathing that the lungs can be deflated when the arrow enters the cavity and give it a non life threatening wound.

We all know if you actually pierce the lungs that they die from blood loss, tension pneumothorax and hypoxia rather quickly.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  12. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's some bad luck there Dawg.

Things are EXTREMELY slow for me. I've hunted IL three full days, one all day sit and two days I had to change locations due to wind shift...got down about noon and was setup up again by 1:00. Zero deer sightings on day 1, a single spike on day 2, and on day 3 I saw three small bucks early in the AM and a spike and doe about 4pm. Long, slow days. The dang wind direction is killing me over there. We've had a lot of SE winds this week and that's just a terrible wind for my IL farm. And, naturally, we have a SE wind again today. :sad:

So...I'm hunting MO, the Interstate Plot, behind my house. SE wind will work there. I moved my stand to the north side of the Interstate Plot last week. Deer have changed there bedding area over the last couple years after my neighbor to the north took out his CRP field and started farming it. My traditional stand location was setup up for a primary approach from the north. Since the majority of the movement is now from the south, I needed a different setup. I'll take another picture of the new view of the Interstate Plot when I get out there in a couple hours. Headed out about 10am and will sit until dark. I didn't want to go in early and blow them out of the woods, which I did going early my last time there.

Hopefully it'll happen for me today!

13. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    Well had 6 turkey's walk by but that's about it this morning. Been a tough week. Deer are on their feet... Just not near my stands. I'm trying to be mobile to catch up with them but I'm struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have some bad and good news fellas/ladies!

GOOD - is that the Big 8 is still alive since I saw him this morning walking fine and sparing with another 8 pointer.

Bad - He would only come in to about 80 yards so going to have to play smart around him now.

15. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Well that is a good development....

16. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's good news Dawg.

I've been set up since 10:30. Two dogs come chasing deer through here not long after. I've been ranting on my Facebook page about the dog issue for a while. I did however have two bucks cruise through here at noon and 12:30. Maybe it'll happen today. Who knows.

Here's the new look at the Interstate Plot.

[​IMG]

17. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    That plot is screaming "buck". Especially since you know your boy uses it. It'll happen.

18. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No luck with a few sits lately. Had one at 25 yards that was about one step or so from getting in shooting lane and neighbors spooked with dirt bikes, and similar few days before, along with clearing some from just out of range with target shooting. Not too pleased with them. Tomorrow might be a rifle day for me. Wolf opens and grabbed a rifle tag for deer too in case it works out for where I'll be. Wolf I don't want to chance with not getting into range for bow, and wanted to have deer tag so if a beast was there I could shoot and not just cry and watch. Wish I could take rifle and bow but can't. Guess we'll see what happens. Good luck as always. Hope next shot lands solid dawg. Glad it turned out you'll get another shot and not just disappeared. You're gonna deliver, just looking forward to what's on the other end of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it boys. A lot of bucks fell today, my brother Luke scored and so did Crik. It's happening now...

20. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing happening here. Wind is brutal, pulled my cards and all the bucks are moving in the afternoon so I think that will be my best chance.