Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Caleb...caleb...caleb!!!

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Though it doesnt count, your thinking correctly!

Just remember, a vote for Caleb is a vote for the right wing hard working christian American ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha......I figured this is the best thing you will be able to contribute to the team this year. Someone needs to add up the inches and maybe order a pizza for us while the rest of us are out putting booners down. :woot::tu:

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think we can have a captain who can't tell the difference between your and you're. :poke: :lol:

Sent from my XT901

5. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Oh brother.

6. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Cold....real cold.

7. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hah...........:tu:

8. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the way you think.

My preference is pepperoni and sausage for future reference :p

Sent from iPhone

9. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Derek Dirnberger here. I'm 39 years old, married with three boys, ages 10, 8, and 5. My real job is with the BNSF Railway as a train conductor. My hope-to-be-full-time-job-one-day is running a website (HUNTERSlink.com), a clothing line (Hunter Apparel), and producing a hunting show (The Break). I've signed a deal with The Hunt Channel and will be airing my show in July, 2014.

I live on a family farm in southeast MO, near Cape Girardeau, which is a Mississippi River town. I've got access to hunt about 300 acres of family farm ground and I lease 100 acres in MO as well. Since I'm so close to IL, I hunt there as well. I went to college with a couple guys who farm in southern IL and they have given me access to one of their farms: 900 acres. We've seen some pretty nice deer in MO and some real giants in IL.

Last year I was able to post about 190 points to my team with a doe and a buck that scored a little over 140". Hopefully I can contribute something to the team this year.

10. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I can introduce myself. My name is Tyler Olson, Currently going to school in Champaign,Il. Im majoring in fire service technology, Its just a fancy way of saying Im going to school to be a firefighter. As far as hunting I will mostly be hunting Allerton state park. Its a lottery draw to get in and i got picked so now i just have to complete work hours at the park.

I have no clue what kind of deer are there but Im going to try and get one of cameras out there. I plan on being out there every chance I get. Im hoping I can help the team with a doe and then my first buck! I can't wait to get out there and finally get up in the tree.

Good luck to everyone this season and lets kick some *** in this contest. :rock:

11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will also send out a message with my number to everyone then we can keep in touch a little better during the season. If you don't want to thats fine too.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  12. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ill do an intro later tonight.

I'm heading down to mn tonight so hopefully I got some trail cam pics to post also!

Sent from iPhone

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think you can be a captain when Fergie has killed a bigger buck than you :poke:

14. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have no vote... haven't seen any big bucks on the farm this year. Hope there hiding in the woods. Hah. Biggest one I got in camera is this[​IMG]

15. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey get out of here this isnt your team. :whip: Im still new (3rd season) at this. Dont worry though I will shoot a bigger buck than Ferg. :bow: :deer:

16. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thats still a nice looking buck Headstrong. Do you know if there are bigger ones in the area and just not on camera yet?

17. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's my intro.
    Art Peterson from Eveleth MN. Ill be hunting some family property. There's some nice deer around here, nothing I've known of over 150 or 160, but from what I've seen and learned from pics and judging I'd say I've seen at least one or two over maybe 130 each year and plenty of does and smaller bucks. Just was outside shooting the bow some and saw one of my hitlist strolling accross the field.
    I plan on putting a lot of time in the stands this year early. I just got into bow hunting and trying it every way I can right away. Got a bear tag so hoping to get one of the ones I've had around in. Im confident I'll have something to add to the team, just wont promise tons.
    What I'm looking forward to most this season is rut time, and for the opposite reason as every hunter probably. I'm looking forward to being done hunting for the season by then and I have my first kid, a son, due later in November.

18. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Biggest on my check today was only this spike. Think he's noteworthy though, his mowhawk is pretty sweet.
    uploadfromtaptalk1377052258364.jpg

19. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Introduction...my name is Caleb, and ill be hunting in Northeast/Southeast Ohio this year. I abstained from the tournament last year because of school but participated in the first four from 2008-2011. Im one of the original members of this site (#253 I believe) and the top poster :dan: I also went to the first two G2G's in 2009/2010 as well as last years.

A little about myself..im 23 years old, work as a Paramedic for Carlson EMS and a Fire Lieutenant for Chatham Township Fire Department. I hunt my family farm and a few of the surrounding properties. Im on the DLC Covert Pro staff and havnt killed a buck in 6 years :busted:

Heres a few pics of myself (and my old lady Kenze whos hunting with me this year)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If we get harrased on this thread by outsiders this year...I apoligize. Ive made alot of friends/enemies over the last 5 years (mostly good friends who will stop at nothing to bash my stones). Were gonna kick some *** boys!

(Oh...and 2 of my 3 brothers are also in the tournament this year)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Ohh. And dont get me wrong...DAWG and Oly are my boys and would be great captains, I just cant let em have it that easily ;)

Ive known DAWG and Rick James since 2009 and met Oly this year. All good people.