Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ran into a neighbor two days ago after I sat a little while on my back land. Didn't see anything. He said he hasn't had almost anything on his cams and thought it was weird. He did see a doe come from mine to his when driving up a few days before, and showed me a pic of the wolf following it, and later following his deer on his cams. Possibly the same one I saw in my field this morning lounging around. Hopefully since they're around and going after my deer he'll be around ready to die for my tag. Sat the public land a little today, saw coyote on road on way in but no shot and only two deer were crossing road on way out couldn't shoot. Had an itch to shoot so tested a shot at a squirrel before we went out. After missing deer and missed geese the other day felt a disturbing redemption with a kill. Decided not to sit the afternoon at home but to get a few things done. Excellent choice as I was finishing cooking dinner around last light to see at least three come from the trail that goes behind the stand I was gonna sit... Tomorrow I plan on sitting that one for the afternoon for a bit. I haven't been doing much checking in on here last few days, but hopefully some action should get me back into it. Good luck to you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out. Hopefully can add my other 50 tonight. Snow is starting to add up to a little white cover so should be interesting

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck buddy...we sure could use some more does. They are the key remember!

4. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Im hoping to get out a few times this week for does myself. Im super excited to check my cams again...this time last year was when the big boys started showing up.

5. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna try to hit up some of my stands here in SD where I have a doe tag, hopefully I can get on the board this week. I'd be surprised if I don't have a doe down before Halloween.

6. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone is doing well. Checked a trailcam behind my house I have set over a mock scrape. It turns out I have TWO shooters on the home farm. I thought the buck I posted a pic of the other day was Foggy. This is Foggy...

Just need him to show up during daylight hours.

This is the buck I thought was Foggy...

[​IMG]

I started digging through my trailcam pics from this summer and I have pics of both of them. I didn't have any real close pics and it was hard to distinguish between them when glancing at the photos. It's pretty obvious now though. I really like the second buck but I don't think I'll pass on Foggy if he shows up. They're both right at my threshold for shooters on my home farm....at least 3.5 year old and 130" or better. I'd say they both should be 3.5 and close to 130".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  7. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So my buddies girlfriend shot this 180" monster
    ResizedImage951382240195894.jpg

8. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No luck tonight. Wife almost hit two does on the driveway coming in from work and I had 5 grouse fly from the tree under me half hour before dark as my excitement. It was an enjoyable sit though. I'll be out again in a few days probably to check one of my cameras and probably will sit there a while just cause I'll be there, and check my card on my phone and see if worth sticking out there long. I'm confident I'll stick a doe (or screw up with another buck) for the season anyway. This cold should have some more action and looks to be that way for a while.
    Those shooters look awesome. Hope to see one of them in a pic with you soon.
    Your buddy's gf got an insane buck too, congrats to her

9. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. Great buck! Congrats to her!

10. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holy Crap! Damn good deer.

11. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is a great buck! Congrats to her!

12. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What a day!!!!!!

To start my day I had some visitors that showed up at the bottom of my stand!

[​IMG]

After that I saw a nice buck but could not tell how big but I knew it was a shooter. I forgot my binos so could not tell the size. It was coming to me then it went into the CRP and after that I did not see it any more this morning. I then went out about 2 and sat back in the same stand. At about 5:45 pm I noticed a nice buck on the edge of the CRP about 300 yards away. I did have my binos on me this time and as I looked at him my heart started racing! It was Big 8! He had another small buck and doe with him. The doe walked away in CRP and then the small buck and Big 8 hung in the beans. Then they started to walk away from me. I then text a buddy and told him that the buck was in the beans walking away with a sad face :( ! I then typed ":( Come back!" The small buck that was with them came running past me and ran across the river. I then saw a doe walking to me and she was not using her back right leg. I told myself that I was going to take her if she came close. The next thing I know here is Big 8 behind her. Then the show began! He was on a little point of the woods and stretched his body out and then made a scrape! After that he walked about 10 feet and made a second scrape. I could not believe my eyes on what I was watching him do. He then kept flipping his head up and lip curling. As he got closer I could hear him grunting at the doe. They got to within 70 yards walking straight at me then they turned and went to a river crossing about 60 yards away! I will be back out in the morning hoping that I can catch them on the way back in! Here is Big 8 again if some of you did not see him.

[​IMG]

13. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And just so you all know my heart has clean out the spider webs and has a fresh life from pumping so fast while he was walking in!

14. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds like an awesome hunt and an awesome deer. My heart was going from grouse, not sure how it would be having him putting on a show. Good luck tomorrow with him

15. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dawg!

16. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck DD! Get out there and get him.

17. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It sucks I haven't had time to get I'm the stand lately. I knew this would probably happen since I'm going to school, working, and I'm now on a fire department.

Usually if I do have a morning I can hunt I'm too tired since I get off work at 3 am. So I sleep awhile lol my weekends should be freeing up here soon, and I will hit be hitting the woods as much as possible.

Good luck to you guys who have been getting out. We need to put some more points up. :tu:

Sent from my XT901

18. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DD/Dawg get after them guys!

We are shooting plenty of ducks and a few snows and blues out here. Tomorrow morning is our last hunt and we are set up on a field that was holding about a thousand mallards and five thousand snows and blues this evening so I am pumped. I will be in the tree this weekend and activity has been picking up in the area according to my land owner! Corn is down and the cold snap has picked up the pre rut activity really good supposedly.

19. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    3 more hours of work and then I'm out for a quick nap and off to the cabin. Temps are falling into 30's with possible snow the next 3 days.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit pumped. First sit will be on the big brassica plot hoping they are out early to try and fill up before the chill moves in. I'll be at it tues PM and all day wed+thurs.

Probably take our first sits deeper in woods closer to some beds now that we can see a bit better. My brother is there already and he says the bucks are getting anxious early this year with more rubs and scrapes showing up every day.

Good luck to all and be safe.

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck buddy, bring back plenty of pics. I love seeing peoples hunting camps.