Team 17 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Jim_IV, Aug 10, 2009.

1. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas everyone.

John, just make sure you get a picture of you with the bow for it to count for the contest :D

2. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i made it out tonight and came close of killing a DOE. (50 Points)

It was about 30 degrees and spitting snow!!!!!!!

We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground after a snow storm and a melt down and then another snow storm. this was my first time out for the second Archery Season. I picked a tree that i thought would be good for the wind. (i was wrong). I got off work at 3pm. i was hom at 320pm. after saying hi to everyone that was home i jumped into my hunting cloths and hiked to the woods behind the house. i ws up in the tree about 350 pm. The spot is close to the field and i know it would be late when the Deer would come to the field. at 505pm i had a small buck ( not legal) and 3 Does came into my set up. The wind was out of the South West. I figured that i would have to kill the first deer that came through. Well i tried the $%^&* wind changed direction and went out of the South East as i was putting tention on the Bow String she stuck up her nose and turned around and ran back they way she came taking the others with her.

Its been the same thing this whole season, one thing or another goes wrong, it just hasn't been ment to be. I still have another 9 days!!!!!!! left

3. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'll be headed to the farm tomorrow after the storm blows thru tonight. We are supposed to get 5-8 inches of snow with COOOOLD temps following the front. The boss said stay home tomorrow. So I'm goin' huntin'. They should hit the food plot after the storm blows thru, I'll be there tomorrow afternoon in my ground blind.

4. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Sorry to say that my season has come to an END with me not filling a tag in archery season. This has been the most frustrating season for me. :confused::mad::(

I had planed to hunt the afternoon of the last day JAn 09th. Well i was sent to an incident where i had to assist in an investigation of elderly man shooting himself in the leg with a 22 pistol. I didnt get home until 5pm and the season ended at 515pm. i needed a little more time to get dressed into my hunting clothes and make the 15 / 20 min hike behind the house. :mad::(:confused:

it has been awhile since i didn't get a deer with archery tackle, if i'm not mistaken it has been since 2001.

5. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to the farm for one last weekend. Gonna hunt this evening and morning and evening tomorrow.