Team 17 - Life At Full Draw

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Shawn Clark, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kill him!!!!! Looks like he's yours for the taking. Maybe a nice Christmas present!

blackbear and wibowhntr like this.
  2. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Looks like the covid bug has finally hit me. Work in healthcare, wasn't going to get the vaccine then they have those stupid mandates so I got the vaccine Dec 2nd. Not a single day of being sick and I have worked up close and personal with covid patients for 2 years. Get the damn vaccine and now I think our whole house has it. What's wrong with this picture? This virus is out there but if you don't think the governments of the world don't have an agenda, your living under a rock. Just my opinion.

wibowhntr and Brian Walters like this.
  4. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn’t you hear, in order for the vaccine to work you gotta be wearing at least 3 of those blue surgical masks at the same time. Pro tip: the vaccine works extra good if you marinate your socks for 12 hours in hand sanitizer or vodka before you put them on….

upload_2021-12-27_12-7-48.gif

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    wibowhntr and Shawn Clark like this.
  5. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Hope your family gets better soon!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Shawn Clark likes this.
  6. GeminiRidge

GeminiRidge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Starting to see some bucks dropping antlers. The only decent buck I've seen the last two weeks is one I passed the first day out this season so I did again and will continue to do so. I'm no a guy who culls as if I did then I wouldn't have any tags to take any good deer. However, there are two deer on my property that would I would take as they have longer odds to survive (one busted up leg and one with a very large and fast growing cyst on his chest). The deer with the cyst is a button buck but it's really grown the last couple months and is the size of a volleyball now. It's actually starting to get a tear drop effect to it. I'm not playing god, just trying to fill the freezer. The one with a busted foot has a half rack so I think that's unlimited spread and should score well for the team. :)

7. Shawn Clark

Dislikes Received:
    Got test results back. All positive for covid.

8. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Ohh man, that’s a bummer…. On the bright side, it seems like this omicron version that most people are getting these days isn’t quite as ****ty as the OG Covid. Either way, hope y’all make it through real quick and at least now they aren’t still locking Covid patients up in motels patrolled by armed guards.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  9. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    If I might make a suggestion…. The diseased button buck may not be the best choice for filling the freezer… after shooting that nasty doe last week and seeing its crusty necrotic wounds up close, I am a firm believer that the the only thing you should be filling with a cyst covered deer is a coyote’s belly….

upload_2021-12-28_12-36-25.jpeg
    Do you really wanna eat that?

10. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    This stupid warm weather sucks. It has not dropped below 60 for 8 straight days with highs in the mid 70’s and deer have all but disappeared. Haven’t seen a single deer since this stupid warm **** started. My 5 cell cams that were all reliably getting at least one or 2 daily photos prior to the weather change haven’t taken a single photo since, not even at night. I even went and checked a couple to make sure there wasn’t something wrong and they’re working fine. I can’t catch a f**king break this season. I’m to the point that I might just load up my 12-gauge with buckshot and go storming through the bedding area and try and at least scare a deer into moving because I honestly don’t know what else to do. I would really like to fill at least one or 2 more tags for the season but it’s looking pretty hopeless at this point.

11. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    We have the opposite problem here...Sunday's high is going to be -2°. Still planning on bundling up and getting out there.

Shawn Clark likes this.
  12. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Sunday is when this 2 week warm spell is supposed to finally break. In fact, I expect that Sunday and Monday are going to be some of the best days we have had all year for deer movement with a major cold front moving through after 2 straight weeks of extremely warm weather.
    upload_2021-12-31_9-30-49.png
    Only problem is that Saturday is closing day for our state.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    wibowhntr likes this.
  13. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Well my ****ty hunting luck just won’t end… I decided to take my climber this afternoon and sneak in real quietly and setup right on the edge of a bedding area. Got in real early and managed to do it super quiet thanks to the wet leaves. Right around sunset I spotted that big 10 pointer I had on camera a couple weeks ago. He was about 100 yds away but moving my way quick and in no time he was 60 yds away and still coming…. That’s about the time that the government activated the emergency alert system that goes to your phone (you know, that one that goes “Blaaaah, blaaaah, Blaaaah” really loud and that you can’t turn off or put on silent) for a Child Abduction. Needless to say that buck stomped twice then turned and busted ass outta there faster than **** through a goose.

14. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I just came up with an awesome fix for those mornings when it’s so humid that your binos fog up the moment you put them up to your eyes… Try tossing a couple hand warmers in the bottom of your binocular harness. It keeps them nice and warm so when you pull them out to glass they don’t fog up nearly as bad.

wibowhntr likes this.
  15. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    That is rough

16. wibowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Here is our forecast

Screenshot_20220101-103400_AccuWeather.jpeg

17. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
  18. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got one more day to fill my tag (doe) _28* here now .
    I may sit for an hour ²maro eve but I doubt it.
    Fun "hunting"with you fellas.

wibowhntr likes this.
  19. blackbear

blackbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tough luck , it must be some kind of sign your going to get a message.
    So I went out last week, signs a few deer on camels but nothing comes by I mean not even squirrels, I have to move to Springfield for a new job so I’m out for now, best of luck to all in the new year,
    I have a feeling this team could have busted it wide open.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting
    .com Forums

20. GeminiRidge

GeminiRidge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not worried. This is one of those "common" chest growths that pretty much just make them an easy meal. However, we don't have to worry about testing it out as he was crossing the road and forget to look both ways. Found him in the ditch about 150 yards from the driveway. I didn't see any coyotes on him but a couple eagles sure did get a feast.

wibowhntr likes this.