Team 17 - Children of the Horn

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by srtiek, Aug 29, 2011.

1. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, didn't manage to get anything down during the bow season, but my gun season turned out pretty well.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?28405-Got-the-Sheds-Got-the-buck&p=392403#post392403

With this buck getting wacked, and my dad getting another of the older 'cull' bucks we had out there, I am pretty sure I am done for the year, if the deer have made it through a full bow season, and a gun season, gonna let them go and add another year and maybe have some nicer bucks running around for next year.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats wiaxle glad you connected during the gun season. My gun season was not my best I tweeked my back and was unable to sit, stand, or anything but lay dawn. I did see a good buck but was unable to turn on him. I will be out in a couple weeks see if I can hit the secondary rut.

3. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got out Thanksgiving morning and saw three doe. No buck and nothing closer than 50 yards. I had a nice view on a new spot I started hunting. Gets a bit thicker just past the swampy area.

[​IMG]

4. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still at it boys! Hopefully with this colder weather moving in this weekend it will get the deer hitting the cut corn fields a little earlier than norm. Most pics on camera are 1/2 hour after last light. I should get at least 3 sits in this weekend.

5. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    Well guys sorry I havent been more active on here. I havent been able to hunt one bit since getting to colorado. The unit I was assigned to is gearing up to deploy to Afghanistan early 2012 so weve have been doing non stop training. good news is im leaving on sunday to head back to Ohio for two weeks. Hopefully I can get it done while Im back. Otherwise I will be eating tag soup.

6. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shot another doe on 12/10...nice cold morning in the single digits - muzzleloader season so had to wear orange.
    She was the only deer I had within 100 yds of me that morning...20yd shot - might have been the quickest kill I have witnessed with my bow, she bolted maybe 30yds - then fell fell over dead still.

The bucks continue to be non-existent outside of yearling bucks...anyone still out there hunting?

[​IMG]

7. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Still at it. No snow and them being noctural is making it difficult but I won't stop until the season ends or I shoot a buck.

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dan !!!!

Tim

9. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Tim you 2 love the journal you're doing

10. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey folks. I was out yesterday and saw nothing. Will be out again with the bow tomorrow and Monday. As long as there is a season and I can get out. There is a chance!

11. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well...it almost happened. I drew back on a doe this morning. Just could not get a clear shot inside 35 yards...even though 4 of them were with in 15 yards of the stand.

I'll be back at in on Monday with a slight change to the tree location. Fingers crossed. I think it's going to happen.

12. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Stick a fork in me I'm done

13. Guamhunter

Guamhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just got done with the Georgia season and a small 4pt is all I had this year. Had to take him with a rifle. Frustrations of a slow season with a bow finally got the best of me so I had to hit him with some lead. I still have a couple more weeks here in Florida so I'll try to help out if I can. On the brighter side of things I was able to experience my son(8yrs old) and daughter(11yrs old) take their first deer ever. It is such an amazing feeling to be able to share that with them. Anyways, two more weeks, hunt hard or go home right?

14. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the fun guys. I came so close to getting a doe in the late season here. Just could not get the shot which...is why I keep doing it. It was a slow season for me as well. I missed the rut in both PA and DE for the most part do to family and home life (No regrets there). Hunted hard with the gun even and could not find a buck.

I did manage to take a doe last weekend with my Muzzleloader which puts some taste meat in the freezer. Was planning to go out again yesterday with the gun and found myself passed out waiting for an ambulance instead. That said, looks like my season is done. Looking forward to next year already!!!!