Team 16 - The Xtreme Dirt Nap Boyz

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by Bronson, Aug 13, 2018.

1. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good to me, I will let you know. I haven't made it up to hunt in a couple years, I'm currently finishing my BS in Electrical Engineering at NC State and working full time as an Electrical Designer, as well as have a wife and 2-1/2 year old daughter. SO time is tight haha

But I usually make it up to see family at least once a year, so I'll take you up on that offer when I come up for that.
    Honestly, wasn't expecting Jackson to have breweries! I just assumed the local brewery meant Walmart, beer isle haha

bry2211 likes this.
  2. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    I went out and checked a camera that was on the public land yesterday and had a pleasant surprise. I had 3 decent looking bucks that seem to use a fairly secluded drain/ditch regularly. All three I would be happy to fill the freezer with!

Number 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Number 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Number 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bry2211 likes this.
  3. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    "MEASURE THIS" for team name and then for the icon have a full harvest moon :moose:

overactor likes this.
  4. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, I can understand that. Its not a big brewery and they don't distribute any. They just make enough to serve there. Its got the small town feel and its a pretty neat place.

C0wb0yChris likes this.
  5. overactor

overactor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bronson where are you ion Ohio? Im right next to Dillion Reservoir between Heath and Zanesville.

I don't have a bunch of property at 7 acres but the doe flock here constantly and Im usually good for several of them. The neighbor doesn't hunt and has 8 acres that I can hunt but don't its thick and perfect for bedding, as is the 18 acres behind my house. I get some trail cam photos of great bucks but drive an hour to work. Last year I didn't hunt much with the new baby being born, but I took my daughter hunting a few times shes 13 and is addicted now. If I get some time away Im going to hit some public land near me. May head back down to NC and hunt Ft Bragg a bit, and out to our family farm in north western Missouri with my dad if I get some free time. I have learned a lot through trial and error, watching Bowhunt or Die, Growing deer tv and really enjoy The hunting public. I have never shot a buck with my bow and have passed on several that I would have been proud to shoot but want to let them get to their maximum potential.

C0wb0yChris likes this.
  6. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wonder if he'd send one to his teammates?!!

7. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in Cedarville (Greene County). My hunting partner killed the Beatty Buck on a fence row adjacent to our farm!

C0wb0yChris and overactor like this.
  8. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys! Been away from the forum this past week (supervising 30 teenagers working the county fair WHEW!) Boy am I ready to sit in a tree! Like I said before I'm new to this contest, has everyone checked in, when do we vote for a captain and name? Might head up to my WI property this week and pull cards, hoping to have some pics to show ya! Going to do some food plot work here close to home.

Blarney22 and overactor like this.
  9. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, C0wb0yChris and Bronson like this.
  10. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Your hunting partner is Mike Beatty?? How the heck is he going to top that beast haha I remember the year he killed it and seeing pictures. Seemed like everyone in southern ohio was talking about that deer.

11. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea dont tell anyone I know him. Been best of friends for 25 years but neither one of us will admit it!

overactor likes this.
  12. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    I remember what event it was but he brought his deer down to raleigh nc one year. He was very nice and great to talk to. That deer is incredible in person

That wasn’t you taking the notorious picture of him and the deer in the back of his truck was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well here's my current situation. I planted a decent sized food plot this late spring, it has been growing decently, but I'm only getting a doe and fawn on the camera. That's kind of frustrating since there has been small to decent bucks there in the past...including last year.

So we just combined the wheat that was next to the tree belt that my stand and plot are in and I decided to look for a second spot. I found something that I will turn into a food plot right on the edge of the field. And get a hang on to put in one of the big trees that overlooks the plot, out into the field, AND a trail that goes through the middle of the tree row.

I probably won't be able to get a hang on setup this year, so should I plant anything this fall??

I'm excited to keep learning and sharing experiences with my team![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

14. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bucks are on their summer patterns still, come late October mid September they will start strolling through. Happens to me every year.
    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

HuntinKB51 and overactor like this.
  15. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No actually the game warden took that picture when he went to check it in. He has caught more crap over that picture than you can imagine. He looks like he just escaped from an institution! I have taken a bunch of the shots on his web page though and videoed with him. He is a great friend who would drop anything to help me out and I would do the same for him. Our kids grew up together and our daughters talk all the time still even though they are clear across the globe from each other.

overactor likes this.
  16. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Well checked my trail cameras in the rain on Thursday night, kicked up deer everywhere I went on the ATV to check the cams. Out of 5 camera's I only had one that I forgot to turn on. Not too bad :) Lots of does and forks, couple young 8'sn nothing that has me real excited. Happens every year though, the big boys cruise our 40 come rut time.

HuntinKB51 likes this.
  17. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Boys... I dont get too excited about big bucks this time of year. But... HOLY MACKEREL! I have multiple P&Y bucks on my wall. I hunt with the world record holder. I know what a giant deer looks like. I kid you guys not, I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen on the hoof Monday evening. I have some blurry pics of him as I shot them out my truck window driving through the farm. This buck is well up in the 225+ range, and my buddy estimates him much higher. I know it sounds like a deer story but I will post a pic when I get a clear one. I haven't been this excited for season to get here in many years!

18. Blarney22

Dislikes Received:
    Cant wait to see these pics. You have permission on this property?

19. R22

R22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Bronson! Team 16 FTW!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boof and Blarney22 like this.
  20. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to see some pics!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app