Team 16 - Silent Slayers

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by cls74, Aug 29, 2021.

1. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt small parcels in central Indiana. I am going in blind this year with not a single camera out. Maybe this year will be my lucky year then. I have one on my mind that I hope made it through from last year. My wife has had some bad issues with MS so other than that, I will hunt hard on the weekends and a vacation hunt in November.
    Let’s have a fun season and stay active. CLS for Captain sounds great!

name is Ty

2. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, I'm the OTHER Adam. I'm up Massachusetts and hunt private land. I have two parcels I mainly hunt, my backyard, 3.5 acres but is backed but about 200 acres of conservation land. The west side of my property has a nice river that runs along it, and another small 2.5 acre parcel again surrounded by about 250 acres of conservation and unused town land. Each parcel I hunt is a natural funnel which works out nicely. We'll see what this season brings! My season starts October 18th and I'm still debating what dates to use the rest of my vacation on. I can easily hunt mornings or evenings at home and jump on work calls/before or after. Had two fawns hanging out by my apple trees this afternoon! Glad to be here with you all!

Attached Files:

cantexian likes this.
  3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When you say conservation/and town land, is that huntable as well? Sounds intriguing

4. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WPS!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hate all you want. :lol:

You did a great job last year Adam, but you couldn’t possibly have finished any better than second place going up against The Orion Syndicate.

Adamant2010 likes this.
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is true, even if I had contributed a buck and doe last year, I would have had to put up 250+points on my own in order to have a shot.

LittleChief likes this.
  7. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So the conservation land is not huntable from what I know unfortunately but, There's a lot of deer that travel through. The town land honestly, I never inquired about...Might be something I should look into!

cantexian likes this.
  8. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from SE MN. Hope you all are doing well and I am pumped for the season to arrive and September 18 cannot come quick enough. With that being said I'll be flying by the seat of my pants trying to get on a buck as I haven't gotten much for intel with the exception of one photo of a good 9, probably be around P&Y or a few inches shy, but it was ONE photo so I am not going to hold my breath. Does anyone have any other hunts they are doing this year? I am heading out to South Dakota First week of October for my first ever muley hunt. Also, do we have a poll or any ideas for team name? Looks like we have quite a few Adams on our team so maybe just calling ourselves Team Adam(s)Apple - a tribute to our members named Adam and a play on the first chapter of Genesis. Throwing some nonsensical crud into the wind here. :violin:

camo75, cls74 and cantexian like this.
  9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still awaiting our final 2 check ins, hopefully they make it in time. Alternates may be an issue if more people do not sign up.

Pick was on back on August 5th, bow as far as I can tell hasn't been back since signing up July 28th. Both have been around for a bit so they should eventually show up.

pick00l likes this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, should find out here in the next couple days whether I was drawn for the lake hunt.

Coworker/old high school friend got an email saying he was not drawn. He put in a couple days before me.

IMG_1846.jpg

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just got mine, didn't get drawn.

12. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    It’s not even been 48 hours yet, but I’m watching the slow trickle of check-ins and sweating bullets.

This is the stressful time for me.

I hope Brad sends that email out soon.

13. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is too bad that you have to apply and draw the tags. The urban hunts here are so overrun with deer, tags are guaranteed as long as you attend the orientation and passing the shooting proficiency test.

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not two worried about the remaining two. No rule states you have to request alternates, they'll show up eventually, they've been members awhile now. See what the alternate list looks like when that time comes. Don't want anyone to miss out, but if not enough to fill the voids just keep them on the team until they do show up :lol:

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First year they've ever done it and it was open to like 5 or 6 different counties. If anything I think they should have given preference to residents of the county it is in, but I'm betting they had some sort of average kill numbers in the algorithm to select. I likely wouldn't have taken the numbers they were wanting, truthfully I seen it as big buck potential rather than controlling numbers :lol:

cantexian likes this.
  16. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck on that Muley hunt Jensen. I would love to do that one day. Hope you see some big ones.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Another friend from high school got drawn, but piece of land he got assigned to isn't very good.

18. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I’m thinking it might pick up after tonight. I did say that I would post the teams by Tuesday.

Edited to say that I just saw the email come across from Brad, so everyone is getting it. That should move things along.

Thanks again Brad.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's an every year thing, the Pandemic and ever changing regulations/mandates are taking a toll on some as well. If a member had 51 posts and hadn't been online since they signed up I might get a little worried, but I do not see this team as needing an alternate.

That's why I'm not a huge fan of the post count rule, it's

Adamant2010 likes this.
  20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: