Team 16 - Fatal Trajectory

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by POWERHAWK_11, Aug 19, 2013.

1. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone this is the official check in thread for team 16 this year. If you guys would just check in so we can get to know each other.

2. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm happy to join you folks, on Team 16! I will be bowhunting just a short drive south of Springfield, in Madison County. I'm looking forward to October getting here, so we can start getting after 'em! This is my first year joining the contest, and this should be a ton of fun!

I have been bowhunting for many years, and this past weekend, I cleared trails to our stands, and put the game cam's out. I know we have several nice bucks on our property, not counting the nice 9 point I took last year, on November 7th. Hopefully, I can add something positive to Team 16, and have a great time in the process.

I'll be hunting every weekend, and I have the first week of November off, and if things work out like last year, I'll get a shot on another good buck. I have always felt that any deer taken with the bow is a trophy, the antlers are just a bonus!

I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone, and having a great season! Above all, enjoy the hunt, and be safe!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. POWERHAWK_11

Dislikes Received:
    Im on break from Oct. 11-15 and from Nov. 26-Dec.2. I'll be able to hunt the weekends too since school is only 1/2 hr from home. Season won't come soon enough. We need to come up with a team name and captain, but that can wait until some more people check in.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure how I missed this one, I'll ask for the one I created to be deleted.

Team 16:
    Massbow413

ChuckC - Checked in
    ArchArrow123- Checked in
    Beehunter- Checked in
    cls74- Checked in
    ETABNT- Checked in
    Hunteropel- Checked in
    Lt. Smoke- Checked in
    MechDoc- Checked in
    POWERHAWK_11- Checked in
    purebowhunting- Checked in
    RattleSnake- Checked in

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting mainly Morgan County in west central IL. Uncle has about 60-70 acres landlocked by hundreds more on 3 sides. I missed a 160 class last year, rookie mistake but one I learned from.

With my job picking up, I'm hoping I can still manage a lot of weekends in the woods, right now I have my vacation put in for Halloween through November 10th, you can't go wrong with anything the first 2-3 weeks of November here. I'm really hoping to have a good season, last year I failed to harvest anything with the bow. Worst season ever by far.

I shot my first buck/deer ever in '07 with the shotgun, took my next best archery buck in '09 and my best ever buck in '11. Keeping with the odd year theme hopefully.

Looking forward to getting to chat with everyone throughout the season.

6. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Purebowhunting checking in. I'm a pretty hard core bowhunter. I'm headed to North Dakota next Thursday for a week of whitetail hunting, then I hunt Wisconsin in Shawano county throughout the year along with the UP of Michigan. Currently I'm struggling to find a shooter in Wisconsin, seems the late spring really suppressed antler development. Look forward to getting to know everyone and share some stories.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  7. Lt.smoke

Lt.smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lt.Smoke checking in... I am BRAND new to bowhunting... This will be my 1st year Bowhunting... I bought myself my very 1st bow back on April 22nd for my 26th birthday... My uncle is going to be taking me hunting in and around Waynesboro/Fishersville Va... He owns an Outdoors supply store so the land he has access to is pretty phenomenal not to mention he is a hardcore bowhunter so he was excited when i bought my bow from his store because he is looking for more people to hunt with him...

I have been doing NOTHING but research and watching bowhunting shows and I already have the fever for sure cant wait to get in a stand and hope a biggun walks by me :)

My season will be starting after October 25th thats when my vacation time renews and I plan to get in at least 3 days this year hope for more but with my 2 kids it will be tight...

Look forward to getting to know you guys

8. POWERHAWK_11

Dislikes Received:
    Lt. Smoke hopefully you can get on the board this year. Your first kill is always memorable.

9. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunteropel checking in. I hunt mostly in Illinois but I also hunt some in Kansas. I have more time to hunt this year compared to last year, was moving into new house and new job, things were alittle crazy..
    Beehunter- where are you hunting in Madison county, by what town???????

10. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am hunting the Edwardsville area. What county/town are you hunting?

11. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    I am about 9 miles away from Edwardsville, I have 200 acres around Worden. Small world, 3 from Illinois already on this team..

12. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am here! :)
    I am in the north east corner of Texas about an hour fro Texarkana.
    I own my own out door sporting good store in a small town. Archery and fishing is my base.

Totally stoked for this year.

Good luck guys.

13. Beehunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I be darned! Yep, it's a small world! My brother live off of Staunton Road in Worden. I know the area quite well. Good luck this year, to you and everyone on our team. I'm looking forward to a great time, and a good hunting season! Above all, be safe out there.

14. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    we need to get everyone checked in as soon as possible, there are teams with names and captains already.... Then we need to think of a name....

15. POWERHAWK_11

Dislikes Received:
    I came up with some possible team names:
    Lungbusters
    Pass Thru Crew

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I sent a PM to the remaining 5 guys with a direct link to this thread requesting check ins.

Here's a couple names I've came up with in the past, I'll try to think of a few more as well

Fatal Trajectory
    The Mulekicks
    Three Bladed Death Punch

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A bit ironic, I was also on team 16 last year. Hopefully my luck is a bit better this year.

18. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we have a few first timers to the contest, biggest thing to remember is when successful we need two pics from different angles with you and your bow in the pic. Nothing more frustrating than being successful and being unable to count it in the contest. To compete we need to knock down some does!
    A buddy posted a thread with some of the North Dakota bucks we'll be chasing in a few weeks if anyone is interested. http://forums.bowhunting.com/trail-cameras/51734-north-dakota-trailcam-pics.html

I'm cool with any team name, anyone up for captain?

19. MechDoc

MechDoc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MechDoc checking in!! I will be hunting the Northwest corner of Illinois. I have 430 acres that I lease in Jo Daviess county that only my 15 year old son,my friend and myself hunt. I have a lot of nice bucks running around I just hope I can get a shot at one. We have some of the biggest corn I have ever seen this year on the property(over 10 feet tall) so I think the hunting will be better than with the soybeans we had last year. It looks like we have a solid team this year.

20. RattleSnake

RattleSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here to check in. Almost forgot again this year how early this starts!