Team 16 - Bow Hunt Or Cry

Discussion in '2017 Deer Contest' started by AaronB, Aug 14, 2017.

1. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I'd check in and get the thread started for team 16. Once everyone checks in, we can come up with a team name and such. Looking forward to meeting everybody!

2. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. bowhunter628

bowhunter628 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bowhunter628 checking in! Can't wait to see what I can bring to the team. I figure that we can give a little info about ourselves to get a good set of team vibes going. My name is Brad, I am 25, and I am from NW Pennsylvania. I have been bowhunting for about 7 years now with some pretty decent success. I hunted mostly private land with a little public land mixed in until this year, I have lost my private land spot thanks to trespassers.

I have yet to find any monsters on the public land areas by way of trail camera pics but I know that they are there so I am excited.

copperhead likes this.
  4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jake checking in (might be a good idea to copy/paste our team members to the first post and bold/make red whoever has checked in).

I'm 28 and from central Minnesota. I've been bowhunting for 4 years and hunt a 60 acre parcel of private land. Pulled my cards this weekend after 3 weeks and have finally got some decent bucks show up. I will post what I have on camera later tonight.

Looking forward to a new season and getting to know everyone.

copperhead likes this.
  5. Jlmini30

Jlmini30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    jlmini30 checking in from Missouri. I'll be hunting some private land in northeast Missouri as well as my grandpas back 40 a minute down the road from where I live. Real name is Jake. Can't wait to meet everyone and looking forward to an awesome season!

copperhead likes this.
  6. bowhunter628

Dislikes Received:
    Team 16- Check-in by bolding your name
    AaronB

Alenhard15
    Blackbear

bowhunter628
    Cablebob
    copperhead

jlmini30
    JoeP
    LastOneOut

Logman
    MnHunterr

WillO

7. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alenhard checking in. I will be hunting private land in New Jersey and public land here in Central PA. My name is Adam and I am 23. Been bow hunting since I was 12. Just pulled some cameras and have some really nice bucks in NJ hopefully I get to put this guy into our points[​IMG]

I am looking forward to meeting you guys, let's win this thing!!! Only 25 days until the opener in NJ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copperhead likes this.
  8. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ready to rock out with my...bow out.

9. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Logan. I live in northern IL. I'll be hunting private land in IL and WI. 32 years old. Was skunked last year and am looking forward to changing that this year! It looks like we have a good mix of states on our list so far. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

bowhunter628 likes this.
  10. bowhunter628

Dislikes Received:
    Team 16- Check-in by bolding your name
    AaronB

Alenhard15
    Blackbear
    bowhunter628
    Cablebob
    copperhead
    jlmini30
    JoeP
    LastOneOut
    Logman
    MnHunterr

WillO

11. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Copperhead checking in. So to up the ante I am going to send a prize pack to the person on the team that logs the most points for Team 16. In the event there is a tie the person that has the largest scoring buck or logs both deer first. Say someone kills a 170" buck and then someone kills a 120" buck and a doe. The 170 wins. I'll build the prize pack as the the contest progresses so the contents will be unknown but hunting related. Now lets lay down some points this year!!

AaronB
    Alenhard15 - Adam

Blackbear
    bowhunter628
    Cablebob - Caleb
    copperhead - Craig
    jlmini30 - Jake

JoeP
    LastOneOut
    Logman - Logan
    MnHunterr - Jake

WillO

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    MnHunterr, alenhard15 and Logman like this.
  12. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    PS If he is willing to accept I vote AaronB as team captain since he took the initiative to kick off the thread :tu:

bowhunter628 likes this.
  13. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm Caleb. 35 years old and been bow hunting for 14 years. I'm from eastern Iowa and the buck you see in my profile pic is the buck I shot last time I entered into the contest (2014 i think). He measured in just over 168". He is the biggest buck I've ever shot.

This year is different for me. I had shoulder surgery in April and will not be able to draw my compound this year. I had my surgeon sign a form allowing me to use a crossbow (this year only). Hopefully by next year my shoulder will be up to par and I will be back to compound bow shooting.

I'm excited to swap stories and photos. I don't run a lot of cameras but if I get any decent pics I'll post.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    alenhard15 and copperhead like this.
  14. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Adam, nice looking buck brother. I hope you get up and close to him this year!!

alenhard15 likes this.
  15. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Name is Craig and have been bowhunting for close to 30 years now. I have a couple 20 acre parcels here and there that I can hunt in Virginia and North Carolina. In that time I have never killed a buck over 100 inches with a bow. So I think I'm going to be a bit more selective this year. I can probably at least put up 50 points for a doe. This guy is my number one at the moment. Only a 7 but he is the oldest guy on cam at the moment. Bad news is he has only been seen after dark thus far. Virginia is gonna be a complete surprise so no telling what may happen there. :moose:

MFDC0140.JPG

Cablebob and alenhard15 like this.
  16. alenhard15

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Craig I've got about 6 nice buck in New Jersey, that's a nice looking buck you posted as well!!! Good luck !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    Last year while hunting I had a doe and a forky mulling around under my stand for about 10 minutes.

During which time a MONSTER stepped out of the thicket about 50 yards away. This guy was WAY bigger than my 168. I threw a doe bleat and a couple soft grunts but just couldn't get aggressive with the two deer right under my stand! He showed little interest in my calls and sleeked back into the thick. I've been bowhunting big Iowa whitetails for 14 years and it takes a lot to stop my heart at 50 yards. this guy did that.

I had never see that deer before (on camera or on hoof) and haven't seen him since. Could have been a one off wanderer. But if he lives near by and made it through the winter... he's a booner for sure.

I'm not a "Trophy" hunter. Yes, I will shoot a giant if he walks by but I will also shoot a 120" deer. I love deer hunting and as long as you are within the law, just shoot what makes you happy.

copperhead likes this.
  18. alenhard15

Dislikes Received:
    Heres some of the highlights from my camera pull in NJ. There is also a video of a sow with 3 cubs which i was not excited to see in a state that I cannot carry my pistol lol

Attached Files:

blackbear and copperhead like this.
  19. Cablebob

Dislikes Received:
    That looks like a mature black bear! We have no large predators here. I think around 5 mountain lions have been spotted in Iowa in the last 9 years.

20. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Believe it or not there was a black bear running around by me last year. Also been mountain lion sightings as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app