Team 16 - 4 x 4

Discussion in '2020 Deer Contest' started by AaronB, Aug 31, 2020.

1. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check in for team 16. I’ll do a longer intro later, but just wanted to get things rolling.

bowhunter628 likes this.
  2. bowhunter628

bowhunter628 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I put a little check-in list at the end of this post so we can make sure we get our full team. Figure we can do a copy/paste of it to keep track. Looks like I recognize a few names which is cool, and look forward to hearing from everyone!

My name's Brad and I live and hunt in NW Pennsylvania. I hunt primarily public game lands. We don't generate too many monsters up here but I do have a few good bucks on camera that I will hopefully get an opportunity at this year.

Team 16

Mlavigne78
    foodplot19
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote
    Joe Bear
    Trial153
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    Bowhunter628 - Checked In
    NebMo Hunter

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Team 16

Mlavigne78
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote
    Joe Bear
    Trial153
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter

mathewsmq1 likes this.
  4. Mlavigne78

Mlavigne78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mlavigne78 - Checked in
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote
    Joe Bear
    Trial153
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mlavigne78 - Checked in
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote
    Joe Bear
    Trial153- Check.....
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter

6. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mlavigne78 - Checked in
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote - checked in.
    Joe Bear
    Trial153- Check.....
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter

7. Mbcoyote

Mbcoyote Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tyler here from Riding mountain Manitoba. Our season opens today and I have every intention of sitting in a tree!!

8. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Mornin' everyone,
    I'm Carter. I live in West Central MO. Been part of this circus for the last several years. It's a blast whether you win or lose. As long as everyone is chatting and having a good time the rest will take care of itself.
    I hunt mostly private ground. The public around here is tough to hunt due to all of the people that hunt it then rifle season happens and the deer all die.
    I don't have the most available free time due to both our boys play ice hockey. I play and help coach them. My games are during the week and the boys are on weekends with weekday practices. The one advantage this season is that I'm working from home and have lots of vacation left to use.
    I'm not one to post lots of trail cam pic's. No reason other than it's just not me.
    Good Luck to everyone and have a great and safe season!!!

mathewsmq1, bowhunter628 and trial153 like this.
  9. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nebmo checking in, from Omaha NE but hunt private land in NW Missouri.

Like foodplot said time is valuable, have 4 kids, 6, 4, 2, and 2 months

Father in law owns give or take 25 acres with a cabin which is where I do pretty much all my hunting. Only the 2 of us hunt it. Ive gotten a buck every year the last handful of years but not always monsters.
    Our land is split in 2 parts, south of the road and north. The north half was just purchased after past season. We knew previous owner and some large deer are taken off it but they wouldn't cross the road the last 4 years, we found out why after buying land. They felld trees to block the path...
    we'll be late this year but going on Friday to clean up trails. No plans to hunt until end of Oct so we're not pressuring right before a hunt.

Attached Files:

foodplot19 and trial153 like this.
  10. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mlavigne78 - Checked in
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51
    Mbcoyote - checked in.
    Joe Bear
    Trial153- Check.....
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter - checked in

11. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  12. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in from Northern IL and fired up to get a big boy down for the team!

bowhunter628, trial153 and foodplot19 like this.
  13. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mlavigne78 - Checked in
    foodplot19 - Shwing!!
    HuntinKB51-checked in
    Mbcoyote - checked in.
    Joe Bear
    Trial153- Check.....
    Ranbo
    AaronB - Checked In
    Marshbanks12
    NebMo Hunter - checked in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Logman likes this.
  14. Mlavigne78

Mlavigne78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I already checked in but wanted to introduce myself. I hunt in northwest NC. We are not known for great big bucks but I’m usually good for 110-120”. Having said that I probably won’t see anything! I hunt all private land. I work a full time job, and have a family with 2 kids. I probably hunt more than I deserve to. A lot of that is due to the fact my hunting land is right out my back door, and a couple tracts with in 20 minutes from my house. I do have a new work schedule this year though that may make me more of a weekend hunter. Good luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebMo Hunter, trial153 and foodplot19 like this.
  15. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone. Jimmy here. I Live in NY state, just a bit south of albany. I been a member of the site for long time however last year was the first year I joined the contest, I actually signed up as an alternative. Worked out well as killed a decent buck in Iowa and entered him. I had good time and made some friends so I figured why not again..

I had a semi busy year already bowhunting, did a desert mule deer hunt in AZ in January and just came back from a caribou hunt in Alaska.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=26204&share_type=t&link_source=app

I have limited deer hunting plans this fall. I will be hunting in NY on some private property that we own and some property of friends. We also just bought another two pieces of property next to our house, total that's 18ac now...i plan on mostly taking my son, who is nine around the house with me... I am also planning on hunting in KS this year. Right now my plan is to hunt the first week of November. Hopefully between the two places I can put some points up. In any event, I am sure we will all have some fun. Glad to be here.

Jimmy

16. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome, Jimmy! Very pretty place!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

trial153 likes this.
  17. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for getting the check-ins going! Was limited on time so just wanted to get the thread up.

My name is Aaron. I’m 39 years old and hunt in Fond du Lac County, WI on 130 acres of private land and can also hunt another 75 acres that my brother owns on the same block. I am married and have 2 boys (13,10) and a 5 year old daughter.

I love all things outdoors, especially bow hunting whitetails, duck hunting, and chasing muskies. This will be my 4th year in the contest. This is the year of redemption for me. I’ve had rough seasons the past couple with high water, flooded property, and last year, didn’t recover either deer I shot.
    Admittedly, I got a little down after shoulder shooting a nice 10 point last year on Halloween and it ran onto the one neighbors property who didn’t let me look for it. Hoping he made it as I certainly didn’t hit more than one lung, but I really stopped hunting after that as I take pride in recovering deer and didn’t feel I could justify shooting another one. This followed after I had shot a doe just a tad low a couple weeks before and lost blood after the rain.

Needless to say, I’m looking to redeem myself! My land is mainly WRP with a few mature trees and thickets. We have a pretty high deer population and several nice bucks to chase each year. I’m pretty picky with what I shoot as we generally manage our properties for 4+ year old deer. I should be good for a doe for sure and if I shoot a buck, it will likely be 130”+. I take my kids quite a bit as well, but they don’t bow hunt yet so that is my time.

Looking forward to get to know everybody. Only a couple weeks away from the season here in WI. Hope to get a doe down early and then do some duck hunting with the kids until later October!

Good luck and let’s have fun! Shoot what makes you happy!

trial153 and foodplot19 like this.
  18. Joe Bear

Joe Bear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, Joey here. I live in SE Kansas but am originally from SE Ohio. If things work out I will try and hunt KS, OH, and OK this season. I've been part of this friendly competition probably five or six times. Here are my last three bucks from 17' 18' & '19. The team I was on in 18 won it. Really looking forward to getting to know you guys this season and hopefully more to come. Will post trail cam pics hopefully next week sometime. God bless!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  19. foodplot19

Dislikes Received:
    Joey, that's awesome. I have a hard enough time shooting the deer without filming. I tried it for a couple of years and when I missed the buck I'd been following for 5 years I gave it up. It wasn't the cameras fault, it was more mine for not paying attention. I might try it again this year. I enjoy it and like the footage I get. The biggest problem, I need my glasses on to see what I'm doing the the camera and don't need them to shoot. :lol:
    Great group!! This is totally about what make "you" happy, not someone else or what someone else thinks about the deer you shot. Let's have a great season!!:nana:

Joe Bear and trial153 like this.
  20. bowhunter628

bowhunter628 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping i can bring a bit more to the table this year over last year. Last year I had a pretty bad dirt bike accident and ended up breaking my right femur and tearing most of the ligaments in my left knee a week after my first sit in the stand (sorry again foodplot19 lol). I'm still not up to 100% yet from what I was before that day but I am strong enough to hang a stand or 2 this weekend.

foodplot19 and Joe Bear like this.