Team 15 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by rednas5, Aug 30, 2010.

1. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've yet to get out. Just got back from a week of vacation and have to finish painting my boys new room.....then off to Orlando on business for a few days....season is ticking away. I plan to get out for the first time on the 23rd.

2. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been out hunting new farms quite a bit. Haven't seen a shooter yet but I know they are there. I'm trying to get on one before this other job starts and my time is limited. A couple more weeks and things should really take off. Leaves are just raining down here in NW MO.

3. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to let you guys know I've appointed rednas5 as your team captain. Every team needs a captain and unless I overlooked it viewing your thread, you guys don't have one. Since rednas5 started your team thread, he will be your captain.

4. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The main vanes are on the board! I shot a nine point on Monday morning. It is by no means a monster, but my hunting time is limited, and I'm happy with it. I have been super busy, but will post some pics when I get a chance.

5. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Can't wait to see some pictures!

6. Deerslayer7

Deerslayer7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    congrats man....

7. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck! Can't wait for the pics. I shot a doe last night at dark. Forgot to take pictures so I'll have a couple from where it's hanging. I was initially letting her walk but she let off two alarm blows so that settled it. Even though the wind was in my face the cool night thermals took my scent downhill towards her. 25 yard shot and 40 yards later there she laid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  8. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well guys i shot a doe today hopefully I'll be finding her tommorow morning not the best shot after six hours tracking but we will see

9. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here are a couple of photos of the buck I shot on Monday. It's not a monster, but it is my first buck with my bow. I have been hunting pretty hard the last 3 years. I have passed a lot of smaller bucks and I've had encounters with a few hogs that I couldn't get clean shots at.

This buck came out of a thicket and stopped broadside to check a scrape 20 yards from my stand. I couldn't have asked for an easier shot. I got both lungs and he only ran about 50-60 yards.

Hopefully this is the smallest buck that the main vanes kill this year! Good luck, be safe, and let's put some more deer on the ground and points on the board.

Jeff

Attached Files:

10. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I shot a doe this morning. Came in eating acorns about 9 o'clock and figured I would take her. It was a twenty yard shot and went a little low, but it was enough to kill her. Pictures are posted in the scorecard thread. And Congrats Red and Tek on the does! Its good to be putting up some points!

11. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck Jeff. I just started a new job and I believe I will have weekdays to do some serious hunting. Hopefully it will help for a successful season. We are just now starting to put up some points. It is starting to come up on the best time of the year.

12. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Jeff, that's a nice buck. Congratulations. It's nice to get that first one. Great shot.
    Sounds like it's heating up out there. I've been swamped at work but I managed to finally get a stand up at the conservation land. I plan to hit that area this weekend and then probably at my neighbor's property the following weekend. Good luck to all out there.

13. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my new job so, unfortunately, my hunting time has been slashed. They did work with me though and I'll be working the "2nd" shift the 2nd week of November. So I'll have mornings to hunt. I plan to be out this weekend. I haven't been seeing much activity yet but I hope that starts to heat up.

14. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody been out this week? I went out last weekend and had an opportunity at some does and a small buck. Found a spot with two scrapes and a rub line with little saplings just destroyed. Plan to hunt Weds, Thurs and Saturday Sunday. Hopefully things start to pick up just a little.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  15. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was out last weekend and this week with the powder gun. I will be hunting this weekend with it too, then after that its back to the bow. Next weekend I will be headed out to western Oklahoma with the bow to hopefully knock down a big one for the team. Good luck guys!

16. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last night for a perfect evening. Saw 6. 2 bucks and 4 doe. Had a 3.5 nine point with a doe already. Called in a nice little 2.5 buck. He was zig zagging all around me and ended up directly under my climber. I'll be out this weekend in full force. Good luck guys.

17. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  18. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome buck quik. I'll be out Thurs, Fri, Sat, & Sun. Hopefully I get some bone roaming around. This past weekend I was skunked in deer sightings. I am/was baffled.

19. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fran, great looking buck. Congratulations. Did he walk right under you? That one picture looks like he took an arrow on the back.

20. rednas5

Dislikes Received: