Team 15 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by rednas5, Aug 30, 2010.

1. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team 15 "The Main Vanes" Thread

What's up team 15. Hopefully everybody is active on here and keeps up the good conversation for most of the season. My name is Mark and hunt in NW Mo. I've got some pretty nice bucks running around this year. Check out my trail cam thread...http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?t=15224

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  2. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mark,
    Nice photos. You have some real nice bucks there! My name is Jeff and I hunt in Northwest Ohio. I look forward to a good season for everyone.

When do everyone's seasons start? Any other Ohio hunters on our team?

3. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    My season begins Sept 15th. Ends November 14th for rifle season then starts back up the 25th until January 15th. I usually don't start hitting it until mid to late October.

4. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hello fella's just came in to wish you luck and tell you that you team mate Quiksilver is gay:busted: just kidding around he is a hell of a guy and is going to give you some points. Rock on :rock:

5. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    I hope Diamond Don hasn't scared him off too bad!

6. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey whats up everybody. My name is Garrett and I hunt in Oklahoma. I am a student at Oklahoma State right now, so I will be hunting a small lease I got up here as well as some other places. They are in central and western Oklahoma, so hopefully between all the hunting I can put down a good buck for the team somewhere!! I have got some pretty good pics on camera from last year and as far as I know they are all still alive, at least I sure hope so. They can be seen here:http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?p=161244#post161244 Season opens October 1st for me and it can't get here quick enough!

7. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    I took my first job out of college in Enid, Oklahoma. I traveled to Stillwater a couple of times and went to Eskimo Joes and a couple of other places. I didn't like Enid at all and had to get out and moved back to NW Mo. Good luck to you this year.

8. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to you as well. I am not very familiar with Enid, but that part of the state is generally pretty open terrain.

9. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Fran, and I'm a whitetail hunting addict.

10. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to meet you Fran. I've been a fan of some of your more humorous posts in the past. Glad to be on this team with you.

11. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    Flat, red dirt, with blowing wind. Pretty much made me never want to go back and I haven't. Eastern part of OK is more like Missouri. Enjoyed driving through that part.

12. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Best wishes to the "king"

13. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Fran !! Not that the KING needs it. You've had a banner year shed hunting and trail cam-ing. Hunting should be no different I suspect for you.

Tim

14. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, checking in to our team. Looks like it will be a great hunting season. My name is Clay and I live in Kansas City MO. Getting pumped up for an archery elk hunt in Colorado with my brother in a couple of weeks. Probably won't do any deer hunting in MO until mid October. I have a great neighbor that lets me hunt on his 160 acres. I just finished erecting a hunting blind that my boys will get to use this winter. I think it will be a slaughter house in the coming years. I'll post a few photo's of what's been showing up on the cameras in a separate post. It's great to be a part of this team.

15. rednas5

Dislikes Received:
    What's up Clay! My best friend and hunting buddy is named Clay as well. I don't live but 40 miles north of you in St. Joseph. Do most of my hunting around Maryville and Grant City. Where abouts are you elk hunting at? We go to Unit 161 in North Central Colorado.

16. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha that sounds about right. Its like that where I hunt out west, and the wind can get old real fast! The red dirt is just something you get used to. Lol

17. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pick00l - AKA Jonathan Dale

I hunt Delaware and PA. Delaware season started already......I will likely not get out till October :(

Trail cam in the woods, not a lot of good bucks yet but...that is not a concern.

I'll be active on here now that the season is upon us and I am doing less fishing.

I am expecting a 2nd son in December so my late season hunting might slow down. Just means I better get one early!

18. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checkin in for the contest.
    I live in Maryland and will be primarily hunting public ground down here.
    Will also try to sneak up to my family farm in PA whenever I get a chance.
    Havn't gotten any shooters yet on my cams, but I'll be switchin batteries and SD cards in a few sometime this week and 2 of them have been out around a month, so hopefully that will change.

-Mike

19. NRK9606

NRK9606 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello teammates,
    My name is Corey and I also a student in Graduate school at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I will be hunting in Western PA year. I have a couple nice bucks nothing outstanding, but I have them patterened out pretty well. There patterns may change as we all know, but I think I can get one early season. It might not be the a monster, but it will be points none the less.

20. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mark,
    I'm guessing you will occasionaly see some pretty nice bucks up in Northern MO. Haven't hunted that area. Last year I hunted a few days on the Honey Creek Conservation area near Filmore. Didn't get anything. It's loaded with deer but they were too smart for me. I'll probably hunt some on the Platte Falls Conservation area this year after taking a break from it last year. Most of my time hunting this year will be just southwest of Clinton. My neighbor has 130 acres that he bought last November.
    Unit 161 is about as far north as you can get in CO. When are you headed over there? I'll be in Unit 67, just south of Gunnison. It's a limited draw GMU and we will be using Landowner vouchers. Heading out on Sept 17. This will be my first elk hunt. So I'm really excited to get out there.
    Looks like we will have a real good team here, of course, that's because we have Fran with us.. I'm not one that hunts that often but I love every second of it.
    St. Joe is a pretty decent town. I designed the Bus Transit Facility there in St. Joe several years ago and have worked on some design for the Boehringer Ingelheim facility too (me = architect).