Team 15 Tagout and Dragout

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by hunterman927, Aug 28, 2022.

1. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went and attempted to brush in my blind and cleared some briars out of the way and just about got to hot. It’s to dang hot out there!

2. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of years ago I thought of using fake Christmas tree limbs to brush in ground blinds. This past year I found a old Christmas tree at a yard sale and bought it. Needless to say, it was a great idea but it just didn’t turnout the best lol. 12DB13FE-7AE4-4545-A00E-36E67967AF26.jpeg

opossumhunterNC likes this.
  3. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m telling you. My son and I about got sick out there way to hot for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunterman927 likes this.
  4. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Same buddy, by the time I got back to the house, I was shaking and had a headache. Just about over did it.

5. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    No joke. To top it off we went an shot 3D at 130. Truck said 99 degrees. That fake start to fall we had a few weeks ago ruint me.

6. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No deer spotted this afternoon. Actually didn't see a deer all weekend. Haha. I did have one this afternoon come up to about 20 yards and was munching on acorns, then walked off the opposite way. Then later had another deer came up behind be and sneezed so loud that I almost jumped! But with both encounters I couldn't see them at all because of it being so thick. Then right at dark I could hear a buck up a ridge making scrapes. Good to know there are deer on there.

7. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went out tonight but it was a bust. Didn’t see a single deer. Kind of expected it since there was a big golf tournament this weekend so the course was packed with golfers. I originally just planned to relocate that stand that I killed that doe from but when I finished it was only 3 and I decided I would go ahead and hunt and see if I could get lucky. Sometimes when the course is busy it can actually work out and keep the deer moving around since they often bed down just inside the woodline and get bumped when a golfer goes into the woods to look for a lost ball or to take a leak. Didn’t work out like that tonight.

On a side note, it is amazing to see how much cheating occurs in these tournaments. Probably saw half a dozen people who hit it into the woods and had their ball end up behind a tree or in a bush where it wasn’t playable. You’ll see them find it, check to confirm it’s their ball, then start back pretending to look for it while they wait until nobody’s watching. Once the coast is clear they’ll relocate it to a better position, usually by kicking it but occasionally they’ll just picking it up and palm it then casually drop it somewhere else then “find” it in that new spot. I even saw one guy who found his teammates ball like 20yds back in the woods and he picked it up and put it down his pants. Then he walked out of the woods and started “looking” for it in the rough behind the green. Once he reached the edge of the rough and was like 10 yds from the green he out rearranged his drawles and pants and what do you know, the ball miraculously dropped out of his pants leg. He followed it up with “Hey, I got it right here. I almost stepped on it. Guess it must’ve bounced off a tree”. No idea whether his teammate was in on it and whether he realizes that his ball spend like 5 minutes in his teammates gooch.

All of them are real careful to check and make sure the coast is clear but none of them ever think to look up and check to make sure somebody isn’t watching from above. One golfer did see me right after he used his foot wedge and he definitely knew he got caught… the ball was like 5 feet to the right of my stand and when he kicked it it went under my feet and ended up like a foot to the left side of my tree (aka the side my lifeline is on). He walked over to his revised location and hollered that he found it then he turned around to get ready to hit and noticed that there was a big rope hanging down the side of the tree right in front of him. When he looked up to investigate he saw me leaning over the side of my stand trying so hard not to burst out laughing. It took a second or two for his mind to process what he was seeing and as soon as it registered his expression went from smiling and happy to some combination of terror and shame. The best part is that even after he realized I was watching the entire thing he didn’t even try to come clean or even kick it back to the original spot. He just hit the ball and walked out of the woods with his tail between his legs then finished out the hole like nothing ever happened.

8. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is pretty crazy. I would be freaked out if I saw I guy watching me from a tree, haha. You should video it and post it youtube, or better yet wear a course Marshall uniform when your deer hunting and call people out.

9. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We’re a small town country club so course marshals aren’t exactly in the budget. That said I was actually thinking while sitting in the stand tonight that I should offer my services… but then I remembered that I also play golf with these same people when it isn’t hunting season and I’d become the local pariah if I was hiding in the trees and ratting everyone. It’s funny to me because there are several guys where it’s an open secret that they are going to cheat pretty much every round and everyone pretty much knows it but after watching from the trees for a few years I’ve learned that the “known cheaters” are by no means the only cheaters, the actually only make up a pretty small proportion. The are just the cheaters who aren’t very good at it.

There are certain folks who I will always go out of my way to help them find their lost ball when I am playing against them. They just assume I am being extra helpful but actually it’s because I have studied their cheating techniques from the deer stand and know what they are planning.

Holt likes this.
  10. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

This poor little guy is going to be in tough shape if he walks in front of my son.

hunterman927 likes this.
  11. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have 9 cell cameras out. And will hang a 10th shortly.

12. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    haha spy point makes them pretty cheap and the $100 a year plan is no brainer. anyone who knows me knows i love hiking around and sticking trail cams everywhere. i got a few of them as gifts over the years. been out twice so far, saw a couple dinks and does. only the dinks we’re giving me shots though. taking my mother to nashville for her 60th this weekend so not much tree time for me. but as soon as i’m back i’m heading back to MD for 3 days.

Bobcat031 and hunterman927 like this.
  13. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what ones you running?

14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I may not get out much this week. Work is loading up. If I do it might be Thursday. Then I have the weekend to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hunterman927 likes this.
  15. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Spypoint micro

16. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    A couple are the Spy point Solar. They are really nice . I put them out earlier this summer. And haven't had to go out to change batteries.
    Not every spot I hang the gets enough sunlight to use more of the solar.

17. Bobcat031

Dislikes Received:
    Well the forecast is changing!! Trending cooler!! Lows into the 40's. Just over a week to go.

18. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    Man I can’t wait! It’s 101 here today. Cold front is supposed to be coming this weekend. Little over a week here to go.

19. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    My number one target buck may have been killed by the highway. There is a dead buck on the side of the road but the antlers are gone. He’s the only buck that has stopped coming in front of the camera. So as of now, the tall 5x3 is my number one. It just sucks not knowing!

20. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate when that happens. Let's hope he is still out there making his rounds and shows back up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Bobcat031 likes this.